What should happen to U..-born children of illegal aliens getting deported?

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
It's a pretty common scenario today. Illegal alien parents who produced kids in the U.S., get busted and deported. What happens to their U.S. citizen kids? Especially young kids, barely past toddler stage?

An adult man crosses the border illegally, and lives here. He marries someone, say another illegal alien. They have kids here. The kids are U.S. citizens under the current interpretation of the 14th amendment, since they were born on U.S. soil.

Then the man (and maybe his wife) get busted by ICE, proven to be illegal aliens (which they in fact are), and get listed for deportation.

What happens to the kids?

The kids are U.S. citizens, no doubt about it. ICE has no grounds whatever for deporting them. But the parents are unquestionably illegal aliens, and the law is clear, the parents must be deported. Must the family be broken up? Who says so?

I've hear some people protest that it's inhuman for ICE to separate the kids (who are, say, 3 and 4 years old by now) from their parents. But is it ICE who is actually doing that?

This man knew before he ever came here, that he was breaking U.S. law, and was subject to deportation if caught. And his wife, if she is also an illegal alien, knew the same about herself. And when they were making kids here on U.S. soil and delivering them, they knew the same was still true.

It's not ICE who is planning to split up this family. It is the man and his wife, knowing that he and she might be booted out at any time for breaking U.S. immigration law, and that any kids they produced while living illegally in America, would be citizens NOT subject to deporation. They knew all these things going in. And one must assume they planned for them. (If they didn't plan, whose fault is that?)

So, what did this man and his wife plan would happen to their U.S. kids if and when they (the parents) got busted and deported? What plans did they make about what should happen to their kids? The kids are 3 and 4 years old now. They are U.S. citizens and have the legal right to stay in this country. Of course, they can't stay alone in the house their parents were just deported out of, if there are no other responsible adults around - the kids are just 3 and 4 years old. Of course, the kids also have the legal right to go with their parents back to the parents' home country.

The parents knew going in, that their own deportation was possible and legal... and even just. WHAT DID THEY PLAN FOR THEIR KIDS if that were to happen to them?

Did they plan that those kids would come back to the parents' home country with them? Or did they plan that the kids would stay with other (legal) family, however distantly related, in the U.S.? Or...? What DID these parents plan, for the time when the parents got busted?

Where does anyone get the idea that the government is responsible for the kids?

The parents are responsible for their kids. What have they planned?

Personally, the kids should be deported with the parents.

A law needs to be put into place that would strip these children of their ill-gotten citizenship.

And no, I don't give a rat's patoot about any of your heart-tugging reasons. What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

The kids did nothing illegal, and are U.S. citizens.

On what grounds do they deserved forced deportation?

I hold that this should be entirely up to their parents.

Who supports the kids then? I know it sucks, but Shroom is right. The end result is cue to the actions of the parents. Send the kids with the parents.

What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

The kids did nothing illegal, and are U.S. citizens.

On what grounds do they deserved forced deportation?

I hold that this should be entirely up to their parents.

To be with their parents.

Their "Citizenship" was gained because their mother entered the country illegally. In most cases a person can not be rewarded or profit from an illegal action. IMHO, by allowing the children Citizenship when the mother is here illegally is allowing the parents to have a gain by their illegal actions.

That is why I would fully support any action that would strip and forbid children of illegals of ever getting or having citizenship.

Send the kids with the parents.

I suggest a slightly different course: Ask the parents what their plans are for their 3- or 4-year-old U.S.-born children. If the parents can't come up with a viable, safe, legal plan for their own children, inform them that the children will be placed with them (parents) until they do, all the way back to their home country if necessary, since the children are THEIR responsibility.

I suggest a slightly different course: Ask the parents what their plans are for their 3- or 4-year-old U.S.-born children. If the parents can't come up with a viable, safe, legal plan for their own children, inform them that the children will be placed with them (parents) until they do, all the way back to their home country if necessary, since the children are THEIR responsibility.

They are more then welcome to take their children with them....

To stop this shit, we need a hard-line ruling by the Supreme Court, interpreting the Fourteenth Amendment so as to preclude the offspring of Illegals.

We are not going to get that anytime soon.

Last edited:

They are more then welcome to take their children with them....

Of course. Or place their children with (legal-resident) family or friends here in the U.S., if that's what they decide they want to do.

The responsibility is theirs.

Not the government's.

Children are the responsibility of their parents. However, when they come of age, such should be allowed to return to the United States --- as citizens --- if they so choose.

I suspect that we are about to see a resumption of the leftists open-borders crowd whining that "The government is breaking up families" when illegal aliens who produced kids here, get caught and deported.

In fact, it's not the government breaking up the family.

It's the illegal alien(s) themselves doing it, as surely as if they'd produced kids and then robbed a bank or embezzled a few $million. The penalties for doing that are clear and well-known, and they knew what they were getting into long before they decided to have kids.

Now they have a choice to make: Do their take their kids with them as they get shipped back to their home country? Or do they find some way to leave the kids here, with (legal) family or friends in the U.S.?

And if they don't like those alternatives... why did they try so hard to eliminate any other possible choices they could have had?

The term we are dealing with here is "Anchor Babies".

It is a term that is no longer considered 'politically correct'.

It is a term that has recently graduated to the status of 'pejorative' or derogatory or insulting.

Good.

That is exactly the way that it is intended to be used.

In an insulting and derogatory manner.

Politically -focused contempt directed against some 12,000,000 invaders - and their spawn.

The term accurately describes the human birthing byproduct of Aliens crossing onto United States soil Illegally, and the 'anchoring' effect that such births oftentimes provide.

People who sneak into our country to pop-out a puppy or two or three or ten, either in the course of life in the shadows, or as part of a birthing-vacation, deserve all the brickbats that legitimate citizens care to throw...

Political correctness and world-without-borders-cultural-suicide types and hurt feelings and sensitivities and all the touchy-feely in the world be damned.

Last edited:

A law needs to be put into place that would strip these children of their ill-gotten citizenship.

And no, I don't give a rat's patoot about any of your heart-tugging reasons. What is it about the word "Illegal" don't you understand?

We don't need a law. Someone can't get a legal right through illegal means. It doesn't matter that it wasn't the anchor baby's fault. It's like the case of buying a stolen car from someone, not knowing that it was stolen. You don't get to keep the car!

This ^.

Nuff said.

We don't need a law. Someone can't get a legal right through illegal means. It doesn't matter that it wasn't the anchor baby's fault. It's like the case of buying a stolen car from someone, not knowing that it was stolen. You don't get to keep the car!

Well then, what does it teach the child? That they can exploit the law the same way their parents did? This is a vicious unsustainable cycle. They need to learn the consequences just like their parents should.

To stop this shit, we need a hard-line ruling by the Supreme Court, interpreting the Fourteenth Amendment so as to preclude the offspring of Illegals.

We are not going to get that anytime soon.

The SCROTUS has no right to be a dictator over the will of the American people. Getting a right through illegal means is a contradiction, something that even a Supreme Being can't do.
SCROTUS thinks it is higher than that. To declare a law unconstitutional is nothing but breaking the law. So SCROTUS must be stripped of its self-declared power over legislation.

They term we are dealing with here is "Anchor Babies".

It is a term that is no longer considered 'politically correct'.

It is a term that has recently graduated to the status of 'pejorative' or derogatory or insulting.

Good.

That is exactly the way that it is intended to be used.

In an insulting and derogatory manner.

Politically -focused contempt directed against some 12,000,000 invaders - and their spawn.

The term accurately describes the human birthing byproduct of Aliens crossing onto United States soil Illegally, and the 'anchoring' effect that such births oftentimes provide.

People who sneak into our country to pop-out a puppy or two or three or ten, either in the course of life in the shadows, or as part of a birthing-vacation, deserve all the brickbats that legitimate citizens care to throw...

Political correctness and world-without-borders-cultural-suicide types and hurt feelings and sensitivities and all the touchy-feely in the world be damned.

Remember the Alamo! Remember the Halls of Montezuma!

Sounds like shredding the Constitution to me.

What part of "All citizens born or naturalized in the United States..." don't you understand?

Forum List

Back