🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Should The President Do Now?

President Obama should use his constitutional power to veto everything the Republicans want to do for the next two years.

After all those years of labeling Republicans "obstructionists," now you want Obama to be the Obstructionist in Chief.

Good one. I'll just add that to the list of failed Democratic talking points.

2016 Warning:

Obama has the right to remain obscure. Anything he says or does will be held against Hillary in the eyes of the voters. He has the right to do his job. If he cannot do his job, someone (not named Hillary) will be elected to do it for him. Do you understand this warning as it has been read to you?

Last edited:
""elections have consequences" and "I won."

I think I'd moderate from this, his ORIGINAL stance this time around.

attachment.php

That says a lot about the left. Harry Reid protected the president from controversy by keeping the senate from doing anything. Now the low information left thinks that the president should continue to do nothing. Let him use the veto pen. Sooner or later it will resonate and if he thinks he is in trouble now it will be nothing compared to having the media on his back.

He should import Pakololo from Choom Gang and plant his own crop in the White House garden

It is remarkable! All of a sudden....USMB nutters are all about getting things done! Amazing.

Obama should and will offer to work with the new leadership in the senate. He should and will negotiate with the GOP on several issues. He should and will sign several pieces of legislation.

The real question that we must ask...can he do all of this wonderful stuff in such a way that he leaves his Democratic successor in a good position in 2016.

The GOP wants to do wonderful things, now. They will want to do these things in such a manner that it saves their asses in at least a few blue states when it comes to the senate in 2016.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

Close the borders
Deport the illegals
Don't give amnesty
Cut legal immigration to 10,000 a year.
Work with the republicans to shift to a more free market health care system.
Invest in science, infrastructure, r&d and education.
Push a bill to make it illegal to teach marxist theory in public school or college.

President Obama should use his constitutional power to veto everything the Republicans want to do for the next two years.

After all those years of labeling Republicans "obstructionists," now you want Obama to be the Obstructionist in Chief.

Good one. I'll just add that to the list of failed Democratic talking points.

Yup.

Progressives are hypocritical, elitist pigs.

Close the borders
Deport the illegals
Don't give amnesty
Cut legal immigration to 10,000 a year.
Work with the republicans to shift to a more free market health care system.
Invest in science, infrastructure, r&d and education.
Push a bill to make it illegal to teach marxist theory in public school or college.

Awesome.

What he should do: Work with the Republicans which would be a brand new thing for him. The American people have spoken.
What he will likely do: Drag his feet on everything and basically disappear. I see him withdrawing himself even further than he already has. I see him spending the next two years trying to build a bank account.
I doubt he will have the post-office financial success of the Clintons.

He better steal all he can now.

He should work with Republicans where possible in the spirit of compromise and in the best interest of the American people. He should make judicious use of the veto power where agreement is not possible. He should use the "Bully Pulpit" to make his cases to the American people.

That's the kind of "temper tantrum" that spoiled little kids throw when they don't get what they want! If Barack Obama does what you suggest...then he will go down in history as one of the worst Presidents that the US has ever had. If THAT is what you want then feel free to give him that advice!
He already IS the worst President in modern times.

He should work with Republicans where possible in the spirit of compromise and in the best interest of the American people. He should make judicious use of the veto power where agreement is not possible. He should use the "Bully Pulpit" to make his cases to the American people.

Maybe he should, but he's never done any of those things before and I see no reason to think he will start now.

If I were Obama I would allow Congress to continue its gridlocked ways and rule by Executive Order

Bully Pulpit at this point will just backfire on him and his party. The American people are forgiving, but only to a rational point.

It is remarkable! All of a sudden....USMB nutters are all about getting things done! Amazing.

Obama should and will offer to work with the new leadership in the senate. He should and will negotiate with the GOP on several issues. He should and will sign several pieces of legislation.

The real question that we must ask...can he do all of this wonderful stuff in such a way that he leaves his Democratic successor in a good position in 2016.

The GOP wants to do wonderful things, now. They will want to do these things in such a manner that it saves their asses in at least a few blue states when it comes to the senate in 2016.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

If you think Obama is going to work with the Congress, or negotiate, you still don't know the man.

Forum List

Back