What Should The President Do Now?

If I were Obama I would allow Congress to continue its gridlocked ways and rule by Executive Order
Congress will not be gridlocked; R's control both Houses, if you haven't been keeping up.
If he rules by decree, he will be impeached or forced to resign.

It is remarkable! All of a sudden....USMB nutters are all about getting things done! Amazing.

Obama should and will offer to work with the new leadership in the senate. He should and will negotiate with the GOP on several issues. He should and will sign several pieces of legislation.

The real question that we must ask...can he do all of this wonderful stuff in such a way that he leaves his Democratic successor in a good position in 2016.

The GOP wants to do wonderful things, now. They will want to do these things in such a manner that it saves their asses in at least a few blue states when it comes to the senate in 2016.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

This is his philosophy on compromise LL,

"elections have consequences" and "I won."

He should work with Republicans where possible in the spirit of compromise and in the best interest of the American people. He should make judicious use of the veto power where agreement is not possible. He should use the "Bully Pulpit" to make his cases to the American people.
He already bullied America enough, and they have rejected him and his party.

He should and will negotiate with the GOP on several issues

He never did before, what makes you think he will now? What are some things you can name that he ever offered the Republicans as a compromise?

Of course he did. But ...being a total nutbag, you missed it.

And yet ... you can't think of a single thing.

I've posted them hundreds of times in threads over the years....idiot nutbags never seem to retain the info. Here is one for you.....

The Affordable Care Act. Huge compromise. GOP plan adopted and passed amid GOP opposition. It doesn't get any more clear than that.

Now.....go ahead and start lying.

He never did before, what makes you think he will now? What are some things you can name that he ever offered the Republicans as a compromise?

I've posted them hundreds of times in threads over the years....idiot nutbags never seem to retain the info. Here is one for you.....

The Affordable Care Act. Huge compromise. GOP plan adopted and passed amid GOP opposition. It doesn't get any more clear than that.

Shaking my head at this stupidity.

There were zero GOP votes for ACA. How could it be a compromise?
The truth is the Dems had to compromise with themselves. Thus the Cornhusker Kickback and the Louisiana Purchase.

Of course you are. Anything you try to say in opposition would be bullshit. That's why you just shake your head.

President Obama should use his constitutional power to veto everything the Republicans want to do for the next two years.

He should sign the bills that work and veto the one's that don't.

Let's see how many bills Mitch and Johnny can really pass....

There were zero GOP votes for ACA. How could it be a compromise?
The truth is the Dems had to compromise with themselves. Thus the Cornhusker Kickback and the Louisiana Purchase.

Politics, idiot. IT IS A GOP PLAN.

Of course you are. Anything you try to say in opposition would be bullshit. That's why you just shake your head.

(smile) Sure thing komrade.

How many Repub votes did it get?

If I were Obama I would allow Congress to continue its gridlocked ways and rule by Executive Order

I just made a thread on that. The best thing to happen is for the Ted Cruz's to sit down and shut up and cooperate with the mandate. The real one.
The real reason last night happened is people want Obamacare fixed, not repealed.
As well as pay attention to the economy instead of the laughable attempt to try and say it is all good.
The Democrats didn't lose last night, Obama did. There is a CLEAR distinction here.
And if they forget it, the "wave" will be short lived.

I just made a thread on that. The best thing to happen is for the Ted Cruz's to sit down and shut up and cooperate with the mandate. The real one.
The real reason last night happened is people want Obamacare fixed, not repealed.
As well as pay attention to the economy instead of the laughable attempt to try and say it is all good.
The Democrats didn't lose last night, Obama did. There is a CLEAR distinction here.
And if they forget it, the "wave" will be short lived.

Sorry, the Dems DID lose last night.

THEY voted OVERWHELMINGLY for the Policies of Obama that were repudiated.

(smile) Sure thing komrade.

How many Repub votes did it get?

It is a GOP plan. The opposition to it from the GOP was 100% politics.

Want proof? See if they try really hard to repeal it. They won't. They will, at most, put forth a weak effort that gives people like Ernst a chance to say she "did her best"....but they'll not push the issue. It's fucking personal responsibility concerning health care and the. GOP opposed it for political reasons.

Why must you supposed "politicos" pretend that politicians always vote honestly? People who you claim are born liars......all voted honestly when it came to the ACA?

Get an education.

Forum List

Back