What temperature do you keep your central air set at?

What temp?

• At or below 70

• Above 75

• We don't have/need central air here

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Just curious. I put in a new thermostat today and 72 on the new one feels cooler than the old one at 71.

20210522_164449.jpg

Just curious. I put in a new thermostat today and 72 on the new one feels cooler than the old one at 71.

View attachment 492465
you already have your AC on???

its cooler than 72 outside,, just open your windows,,
the advantage to central air is it only runs when the temp is to high or to low from setting
true,, but your windows are closed the whole time,,

never understood keeping your windows closed all yr, and beings I make windows for a living I have been in houses where they tell me they have never opened them and wonder why they are all rotted,, OH and all their children have breathing problems,,

View attachment 492465

the advantage to central air is it only runs when the temp is to high or to low from setting

never understood keeping your windows closed all yr, and beings I make windows for a living I have been in houses where they tell me they have never opened them and wonder why they are all rotted,, OH and all their children have breathing problems,,
LOL
I only open a window is power is off

View attachment 492465

LOL
I only open a window is power is off
see I dont get that,, I never sleep better than when the windows are open and a nice breeze is blowing,,

in ffact this will be my first full yr of central AC after 56 yrs,,

View attachment 492465

It's HUMID where I am............so when it's 72 outside, it feels like 92.
Ya I live in NC on the ocean or rather 10 miles away, it is humid here too.

View attachment 492465

Probably has to do with the sensitivity of the unit as to how long it is making it run. Check the temp in other parts of your house. My living room and bathroom are always noticeably cooler than most of the house when the AC is running. If I leave the master bath door shut, it can get absolutely frigid in there.

Anyway, it varies. This year I am trying to keep it at 71 and acclimate to that as being "cool". In years past I made the mistake of getting too used to it being on 68 so 71 felt like a sauna (mine only goes to 68 as part of its "energy efficiency rating" or some crap)

View attachment 492465
Dog eating kommie Kenyan fascist faggot had the unmitigated audacity to utter an edict declaring that us Americans can't keep our thermostats at 72 degrees.

So I've kept mine at 72 degrees ever since then.

I'll give the anti-American authoritarian demonic Democrat party of slavery and oppression my thermostat when they pry it from my comfortably cool 72 degree dead hand.

Last edited:
I don't have central air.

In the winter, I keep it at around 60. In the summer, it gets to what it gets to. I do have a few fans though. A fan blowing across you is very effective at keeping you cool.

Why do authoritarian assholes like Obama feel like they have some god-given right to dictate your thermostat temperature?

Hey, USMB leftist pieces of shit, you are invited to provide some insight into your dark evil authoritarian mindset regarding this matter.

Last edited:
We don't have central air in Maine, don't need it!!

But in Massachusetts I kept it on 68, same in Florida, 68.

Forum List

Back