What the government won't do, we will do.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Armed citizens guard recruiters after Tennessee shootings - AOL.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Gun-toting citizens are showing up at military recruiting centers around the country, saying they plan to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The citizens, some of them private militia members, said they're supporting the recruiters, who by military directive are not armed.

"We're here to serve and protect," Clint Janney said Tuesday, wearing a Taurus 9mm handgun as he stood in a parking lot across from a recruiting center on the west side of Columbus. "What the government won't do, we will do."

It just came up tonight...It is a shame that DOD regs have chnged the ruling along with GW Bush and the military does not want anybody else carrying weapons except MP's, or law enforcement....Troopers tend to get off balanced and want to use weapons to kill...especially when drinking booze...

Govt was probably the ones who did the drive by's.

Never let a good [manufactured] crisis go to waste.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Gun-toting citizens are showing up at military recruiting centers around the country, saying they plan to protect recruiters following last week's killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The citizens, some of them private militia members, said they're supporting the recruiters, who by military directive are not armed.

"We're here to serve and protect," Clint Janney said Tuesday, wearing a Taurus 9mm handgun as he stood in a parking lot across from a recruiting center on the west side of Columbus. "What the government won't do, we will do."
The military wants the loose cannons to stay away

Since the recruiters can't carry guns I'm sure they appreciate those "loose cannons" you speak of.

Those recruiters should be armed. You can bet your ass if I were a recruiter I'd have my personal firearm on me whether the powers that be liked it or not.

Since the recruiters can't carry guns I'm sure they appreciate those "loose cannons" you speak of.

Those recruiters should be armed. You can bet your ass if I were a recruiter I'd have my personal firearm on me whether the powers that be liked it or not.
My bet is that they are even more nervous having oddballs with no life around them with guns. Whats to keep one of those clowns from shooting them after gaining their trust? If I was a recruiter thats exactly what I would be thinking. The loose cannons need to stay away. Its a perfect setup for someone to blend in and then shoot more soldiers.

It just came up tonight...It is a shame that DOD regs have chnged the ruling along with GW Bush and the military does not want anybody else carrying weapons except MP's, or law enforcement....Troopers tend to get off balanced and want to use weapons to kill...especially when drinking booze...

The rules were changed under Bush Sr. and have not been changed back by the DOD or any President since then. Soldiers weapons are normally store in the Armory when not in use. I would agree that weapons should only be issued to MP's and anyone assigned guard duty. Based in the latest attack, those serving at recruitment centers and any other off base facility should also be issued a sidearm.

Forum List

Back