What the hell is "very safe teargas"?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Trump was asked today about the use of teargas on the migrants at the southern border, including those with children.

Trump's response? That they are using "very safe teargas" on the migrants.

Now, I was in the military for 20 years, and when I was with the Security Force, we had to go through teargas training for riot control. And, as far as I'm aware, they don't have "safe" and "unsafe" teargas. It's all the same strength, and it all works the same way.

Trump is a f**king idiot. He's trying to downplay what happened because the optics of women and children getting gassed is kinda bad. But, saying that they were using "safe teargas" on them is even worse, because in addition to looking like he doesn't have a heart, he also looks like an idiot, trying to claim it's "safe".

Trump defends use of 'very safe' tear gas on migrant children

President Donald Trump is strongly defending the U.S. use of tear gas at the Mexican border to repel a crowd of migrants that included angry rock-throwers but also barefoot, crying children.

Critics denounced the border agents' action as overkill, but Trump kept to a hard line.

"They were being rushed by some very tough people and they used tear gas," Trump said Monday of the previous day's encounter. "Here's the bottom line: Nobody is coming into our country unless they come in legally."

At a roundtable in Mississippi later Monday, Trump seemed to acknowledge that children were affected, asking, "Why is a parent running up into an area where they know the tear gas is forming and it's going to be formed and they were running up with a child?"

He said it was "a very minor form of the tear gas itself" that he assured was "very safe."

Without offering evidence, he also claimed that some of the women are not really parents but are instead "grabbers" who steal children so they have a better chance of being granted asylum in the U.S.

I went to a parade to celebrate the 49ers winning the Superbowl during which the police sprayed the crowd with teargas. If it's good enough for festive drunk football fans, it's good enough for illegal invaders.

Just sayin'.

They have been calling it teargas but it's not the same teargas as the police usually use. It's a skunk gas. It's is non harmful and non toxic. It just stinks.

Hate to tell you, but teargas ain't all that safe. When we went through training, those of us who had lenses to correct our vision were told to wear our glasses on those days, because if you wore contacts, it would mess up your eyes something fierce.

As far as not doing any harm? Those kids have little lungs, and aren't able to handle it as well as the adults, and there could be permanent damage.,

They are using a less concentrated form of tear gas, but as ALL tear gas is SAFE, non lethal, with no damage other than discomfort, it is a somewhat erroneous statement.

Safe as in not going to cause lasting harm, or death.
It's the kind that doesn't kill you. You know, like sarin or mustard.

Those gases are deemed illegal by the international Geneva Conventions.

Don't you guys remember cheering Trump for responding to an Syrian attack on rebels where Assad used the gas on them? You said how bad the nerve gases were and cheered Trump for sending missiles over there.

Trump was asked today about the use of teargas on the migrants at the southern border, including those with children.

Now, I was in the military for 20 years, and when I was with the Security Force, we had to go through teargas training for riot control. And, as far as I'm aware, they don't have "safe" and "unsafe" teargas. It's all the same strength, and it all works the same way.

Trump is a f**king idiot. He's trying to downplay what happened because the optics of women and children getting gassed is kinda bad. But, saying that they were using "safe teargas" on them is even worse, because in addition to looking like he doesn't have a heart, he also looks like an idiot, trying to claim it's "safe".

President Donald Trump is strongly defending the U.S. use of tear gas at the Mexican border to repel a crowd of migrants that included angry rock-throwers but also barefoot, crying children.

Critics denounced the border agents' action as overkill, but Trump kept to a hard line.

"They were being rushed by some very tough people and they used tear gas," Trump said Monday of the previous day's encounter. "Here's the bottom line: Nobody is coming into our country unless they come in legally."

At a roundtable in Mississippi later Monday, Trump seemed to acknowledge that children were affected, asking, "Why is a parent running up into an area where they know the tear gas is forming and it's going to be formed and they were running up with a child?"

He said it was "a very minor form of the tear gas itself" that he assured was "very safe."

Without offering evidence, he also claimed that some of the women are not really parents but are instead "grabbers" who steal children so they have a better chance of being granted asylum in the U.S.

Now, I was in the military for 20 years, and when I was with the Security Force, we had to go through teargas training for riot control.

Did that while in the service, did it when I worked Corrections.

Didn't kill me, doesn't seem to have killed you.

musta been using the safe stuff on us.

Tear gas is not the same used in the 60s that was particical type but a gas type of irritant type real gas and is very unpleasant. I like the C5 5 type which gives you instant GI craps. Makes you barf also.

They are using a less concentrated form of tear gas, but as ALL tear gas is SAFE, non lethal, with no damage other than discomfort, it is a somewhat erroneous statement.

The reason we were warned not to wear contacts on gas training day was because it would cause the contacts to melt onto your eyeballs. You consider that "safe"?

How about the choking and spitting that you do while on it? If one of those immigrants suffered from asthma, it could be deadly.

You ever been tear gassed? I have, and it's no picnic when you are going through it, and even with cleanup, the effects can be felt for up to an hour. Longer, if you don't have a change of clothes, because you will itch like crazy.

Don't you guys remember cheering Trump for responding to an Syrian attack on rebels where Assad used the gas on them? You said how bad the nerve gases were and cheered Trump for sending missiles over there.

i don't remember doing that, because I did not.

And fuck the Geneva Conventions.

Also, are you saying this is a battlefield?

I doubt the illegal invaders are wearing contacts, and I'd rather have them experience some discomfort, than shoot them with 5.56, or 7.62. Lots of Virtue Signaling going on.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you, but teargas ain't all that safe. When we went through training, those of us who had lenses to correct our vision were told to wear our glasses on those days, because if you wore contacts, it would mess up your eyes something fierce.

As far as not doing any harm? Those kids have little lungs, and aren't able to handle it as well as the adults, and there could be permanent damage.,
So could second hand pot smoke.

That's kinda the point. You're not very bright, are you?

So what would you have them do instead?

Forum List

Back