What the national polls say about a 2020 Trump vs. Biden race.

I don't know who the Dem nominee will be. But, it won't be Biden. He is a total joke. A pushover. Only Sanders is more of a pushover. Polls this far out mean nothing. As people get to know the other candidates, the race will change and a front runner will emerge. A national poll had Clinton up by 14 points with just 2 weeks to go, and was off by a mile.

I still think Clinton and Beto will form a ticket.

Well, if Biden is a total Joke, why is he kicking Trumps ass in the latest polls in Michigan, Wisconsin as well as the national polls? Plus, polling has a much longer history than just what happened in 2016. If your opinion on polling is formed by what happened in 2016, then you will be in for a rude awakening in 2020. Most polling is pretty accurate within certain margins.

The average of the latest 5 polls for the Democratic nomination shows the following:

Biden: 29.4%

Sanders: 23.4%

Harris: 10.4%

Beto O'Rourke: 8%

Warren: 6.6%

Booker: 4%

Klobuchar: 2.3%

Buttigieg: 1.3%

Hickenlooper: 1%

Castro: .8%

Inslee: .8%

Gillibrand: .4%

Regardless of what people say, Biden is riding high and he hasn't even declared yet. Biden has the advantaged of being on the national ticket into Presidential elections in 2008 and 2012 and winning both times. He served as Vice President for 8 years in an administration that is more POPULAR than the current administration. He is a known entity and people like him. Both positives for Biden and explains why he leads the current list average.

Biden got destroyed by Mike Dukakis for crying out loud. The same Mike Dukakis that polls claimed had an insurmountable 17 point lead over Bush at the end of July 1988.

Biden got crushed by Clinton and Obama in 2008.

I don't just rely on polls from 2016. We have many to choose from. I also like Coakley by 15 one week out against Scott Brown here in Massachusetts. Of course, Gillum by 9 in Florida was an instant classic from the 2018 mid terms. There are so many to choose from.

You are right that polling can sometimes be very accurate, but not when the organizations doing them have an agenda or an axe to grind.

So you say. You have a agenda as well so that means that what you say doesn't matter.

Biden got destroyed by Mike Dukakis for crying out loud. The same Mike Dukakis that polls claimed had an insurmountable 17 point lead over Bush at the end of July 1988.

I don't just rely on polls from 2016. We have many to choose from. I also like Coakley by 15 one week out against Scott Brown here in Massachusetts. Of course, Gillum by 9 in Florida was an instant classic from the 2018 mid terms. There are so many to choose from.

You are right that polling can sometimes be very accurate, but not when the organizations doing them have an agenda or an axe to grind.

Since then Biden has been the Vice President for two terms under a president who for some reason half the country still likes. On top of that the other candidates are going so far left he looks moderate.

The nominee for the Dems will be Biden or Beto. Sanders is a wild card at this point.

I think Beto is a much stronger possibility. Sanders already showed he doesn't have the back bone to take center stage.

I think Beto and Sanders have a problem Biden doesn’t. They will divide the passions of the extreme nutcases in the party. The same group the rest of the candidates are courting.

But I suppose we will see soon enough

That's the thing, Biden well known, Vice President for 8 years and liked by many. A relative moderate compared to the others as well as being seen as more electable. The rest of the crowded field sort of divides the "not-Joe Biden" vote. The more crowded the field, the more It helps Biden.

I see Biden in a similar way to Jeb Bush. Jeb was the clear front runner going into 2016. He had a large financial advantage as well. But, he was crushed easily.

When the debates begin and the others focus on him, he will begin to put his foot in his mouth and it will be over for him rather quickly. What's the different between now and 1988 for Biden? Biden is an old man now pushing 80 years old vs a hungry group of young competitors.

Jeb Bush was never a strong frontrunner. He initially polled in the mid-20s but never had a strong lead. The party had to lean on Romney not to run. That shows how weak they thought Bush was. We are talking about Donald Trump. Trump is as dumb as a post.

Did they favor Clinton? Yes. Did they cheat? No. They made no rule changes which favored Clinton. Clinton got a majority of the primary vote and that is how she won the nomination.

They have since changed the rules. If there was nothing wrong, why have they done away with the Super Delegates?

Why too was the head of the DNC, the infamous Debbie Wasserman-Schultz fired?

And then there is:

CNN drops Brazile for feeding debate questions to Clinton
By Marisa Schultz
October 31, 2016 | 1:51pm | Updated
[...]
Brazile, then vice chair of the DNC and a CNN contributor, emailed Clinton’s campaign on March 12, the night before the Flint, Michigan, debate.

“One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” Brazile wrote to Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, and communications director, Jennifer Palmieri.

Brazile added: “Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.”

That’s close to the question that was actually asked by local resident Mikki Wade: “If elected president, what course will you take to regain my trust in government?”

It’s unsurprising that a debate in lead-poisoned Flint would include a question about the crisis.

Nonetheless, it’s the second example of Brazile helping Clinton behind the scenes. WikiLeaks earlier revealed a separate email in which Brazile told Team Clinton that the former secretary of state would get a question about the death penalty before a March 13 town hall on CNN.

Indeed, Clinton was pressed about her stance on the death penalty during the Ohio State University forum.

New information from WikiLeaks shows Brazile fingered her source for the question as Roland Martin, who helped moderate the forum.

“I’ll send a few more,” Brazile said.
https://nypost.com/2016/10/31/cnn-drops-brazile-for-feeding-debate-questions-to-clinton/

Was this not a top news story on CNN? Ohhhh...riiiggghhhhtttt!

Sanders did not lose because of the superdelegates. Sanders was a crybaby who lost because more people voted for Clinton than for him. The superdelegates heavily supported Clinton in 2008 but as Obama won states, the super delegates switched from Clinton to Obama.

Sanders' loss had nothing to do with the debates or Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Black voters voted heavily for Clinton. She got 75% in SC, 68% in Texas and Florida, 81% in Louisiana and Mississippi to name a few. That is why he lost. 54 beats 42 but the math of that may be to high for you to understand.

Sanders lost because he has no spine. He is weak. Nothing has changed.

Biden will be dealt with quickly. The other candidates will take him out easily once the real action begins. By mid July, the calls for Clinton to give it one more try will be loud.

You are dreaming. Wake up and smell the coffee. Democrats will want to defeat Trump so they will support Biden with the thought that he won't run in 2024.

New polling data from EMERSON on the race in Nevada between BIDEN and TRUMP:

BIDEN: 52%

TRUMP: 48%

What did that poll say in March of 2015? For that matter, what did it say October of 2016?

The polls said that both Trump and Clinton were dishonest and untrustworthy. They said Biden and Sanders were honest and trustworthy. That is why they ran better against Republicans than Clinton.

A childish response.
As was yours.

Everyone knows that the Iraq war was a mistake. Everyone knows that one of the prime causes of the 2008 depression was the repeal of the Steagall Act.

It is apparent from everyone of those stands that Biden took, that he is no different than any other corporate tool. There isn't a soul in America that REALLY understands that Patriot Act that supports it.

You are just an idiot that doesn't understand shit about politics and only parrots what you see on TEE VEE. The corporations tell you how to think, and you oblige them.

Removing SADDAM from power in Iraq was one of the best things the United States ever did for its security, the security of the region, and the world. It would be foolish to believe that things would be better off with Saddam in power, the man that invaded and annexed Kuwait resulting in a crises in the oil markets that caused the 1991 recession.

I agree that Biden was foolish to repeal glass Steagall. That's why I listed 1999 above.

Only extreme liberals and foolish libertarians oppose the patriot act.

Bullshit.

With Saddam gone, Iran has moved into that power vacuum, and it has caused the rise of ISIS.

The only folks that have benefited are Israel and the Saudis. It has only led to chaos in the region.

He was tricked into invading Kuwait, b/c they wanted to invade him.

We have LOST freedom because of the Patriot Act, not gained it. It has not benefited America in any way.

Biden is no different than Republicans, no different.

WRONG!

Iran has not invaded or annexed any countries like Saddam did. Iran has not fired any ballistic missiles at other countries like Saddam did. Iran has not seized and destroyed oil wells of another country vital to the global economy like Saddam did.

That's why regime change was justified in Iraq but not in Iran. Iran is generally a paper tiger that hides behind proxy's when conducting its foreign policy.

The rise of ISIS was in part due to the premature pullout of U.S. troops from Iraq at the end of 2011. U.S. troops returned to Iraq in 2014, and ISIS was largely defeated in Iraq by mid-2017. The only remaining territory ISIS currently controls is in Syria. As of today they control a space of territory along the Euphrates River in Syria that is a little less than 500 meters long and 250 meters wide.

Kuwait, Bahrain, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Europe, Japan, the United Sates and the rest of the industrialized world all benefited from the removal of Saddam. Saddam was a threat to global energy supply and seized and sabotaged assets vital to global energy supply in the past setting off a global recession. You can't let someone like that remain in power. That's even before discussing is vast history with the production and use of WMD.

Nobody tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait on August 2, 1990. But even if they did, he was given a chance to leave Kuwait long before the operation to remove him from Kuwait began in January 1991. Instead of leaving Kuwait, Saddam ANNEXED Kuwait in mid-August 1990. NOBODY ever stated that Saddam had a right to ANNEX KUWAIT wiping it off the face of the map.

You would think that no one in the right mind would be willing to defend someone like SADDAM, but here you are doing just that. Wonder what you would say about Hitler.

Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. Their goal is to establish a Persian Empire in the Middle East. Add Russia who wants to establish a world empire and that spells danger for the US.

Wow.

Could you be anymore a victim of propaganda?

Screen-Shot-2019-03-29-at-11.05.44-AM.png

NATO expansion map. (CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons)

Pelosi and McConnell Crank Up NATO Madness

Here is all the national polling data I could find on potential Trump vs. Biden race in 2020 starting from the latest poll going back in time.

February 16, 2019 - Emerson Poll - Biden 55% Trump 45% - Biden +10

January 22, 2019 - PPP Poll - Biden 53% Trump 41% - Biden +12

June 13, 2018 - PPP Poll - Biden 53% Trump 39% - Biden +14

March 27, 2018 - PPP Poll - Biden 56% Trump 39% - Biden +17

February 14, 2018 - PPP Poll - Biden 51% Trump 42% - Biden +9

January 23, 2018 - CNN Poll - Biden 57% Trump 40% - Biden +17

December 14, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 40% - Biden +14

October 31, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 56% Trump 38% - Biden +18

October 16, 2017 - Emerson Poll - Biden 51% Trump 42% - Biden +9

September 28, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 53% Trump 40% - Biden +13

August 23, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 51% Trump 39% - Biden +12

July 18, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 39% - Biden +15

June 12, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 41% - Biden +13

May 16, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 40% - Biden +14

April 20, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 40% - Biden +14

March 30, 2017 - PPP Poll - Biden 54% Trump 40% - Biden +14

When you average the margin of victory in the 16 polls, Biden beats Trump on average by 13.5 points, just 6 points less from a total overwhelming landslide when it comes to electoral Presidential politics.

Trumps percentages in these head to head races, around 40%, match his average approval rating over the past two years in the GALLUP poll.
I do think Biden has the only chance to beat Trump.....but since he's creepy, I doubt I'll have to worry about it.....looks like some idiot communist democrat instead

He is not nearly as creepy as Trump. He has never been divorced, while Trump has been divorced twice and may get divorced a third time. He has not been accused of the sexual assaults that Trump has been by dozens of women. He has not been caught on tape, like Trump has, bragging about sexually assaulting women. Going after Biden on this will only shine a brighter light on Trump's behavior.
no he is more creepy....Trump has never done that to people, he respects their personal space. And again where has Trump bragged about assaulting women? And being accused is not the same as being guilty.....unless you're a NAZI.....what planet are you from?

Here is all the national polling data I could find on potential Trump vs. Biden race in 2020 starting from the latest poll going back in time.

When you average the margin of victory in the 16 polls, Biden beats Trump on average by 13.5 points, just 6 points less from a total overwhelming landslide when it comes to electoral Presidential politics.

Trumps percentages in these head to head races, around 40%, match his average approval rating over the past two years in the GALLUP poll.
Then add the electoral college slant and trump wins again in the face of popular choice...that would be 3rd or 4th time in recent history.

Hardly. Democrats did very well in Michigan and Pennsylvania. That brings them within a few votes of winning. Georgia and Arizona will be problem states for Republicans. All the Democrats need is 1 state to win.
Just one state, which state has 270 electoral votes?

-It certainly looks like Biden is running.
-The polls showed that Biden beat all of the GOP candidates while Clinton was behind or tied with Bush and Kasich
-His time is hardly over. He would be seen as honest and trustworthy while Trump is seen as dishonest and untrustworthy. Biden is center left. Trump is far right.

The polls mean quite a bit.

Yeah boy, those polls meant quite a bit in 2016! Worked out pretty well, didn't it?

Creepy-L.jpg

Polling has a much longer history than just what happened in November 2016. Your going to find that out the hard way in November 2020.
Yeah it's a tool used by the left to try and depress the right.......show me one poll that had the republicans crushing the democrats this far out of an election? Never happened.......the polls are done by the people that gave us the Russian Hoax and the Climate Hoax.......sorry I don't care

Since then Biden has been the Vice President for two terms under a president who for some reason half the country still likes. On top of that the other candidates are going so far left he looks moderate.

The nominee for the Dems will be Biden or Beto. Sanders is a wild card at this point.

I think Beto is a much stronger possibility. Sanders already showed he doesn't have the back bone to take center stage.

I think Beto and Sanders have a problem Biden doesn’t. They will divide the passions of the extreme nutcases in the party. The same group the rest of the candidates are courting.

But I suppose we will see soon enough

That's the thing, Biden well known, Vice President for 8 years and liked by many. A relative moderate compared to the others as well as being seen as more electable. The rest of the crowded field sort of divides the "not-Joe Biden" vote. The more crowded the field, the more It helps Biden.

I see Biden in a similar way to Jeb Bush. Jeb was the clear front runner going into 2016. He had a large financial advantage as well. But, he was crushed easily.

When the debates begin and the others focus on him, he will begin to put his foot in his mouth and it will be over for him rather quickly. What's the different between now and 1988 for Biden? Biden is an old man now pushing 80 years old vs a hungry group of young competitors.

Jeb Bush was never a strong frontrunner. He initially polled in the mid-20s but never had a strong lead. The party had to lean on Romney not to run. That shows how weak they thought Bush was. We are talking about Donald Trump. Trump is as dumb as a post.
Yet he's a billiionare, went to Penn and according to dipshits like you, pulled of the biggest conspiracy ever........you really don't understand logic or even basic math......

Sanders? Didn't you see what Clinton and the DNC did to that guy? He was curled up in a ball and went away quietly. Honestly, I will debate Biden. But, Sanders is in it just for attention. He is a super lightweight and would be crushed by any number of the other candidates.

On to Biden, he has been a terrible national candidate his entire life. He is now pushing 80 and no longer relevant. At his peak, Biden wasn't winning nationally. He knew in 2016 that he could never beat Clinton and went away quietly as well. And that was when everyone was 99.9% sure that whomever won the Dem nomination was a shoe in to win the Presidency. Biden is a pushover.

I don't think any of the Dem candidates can beat Trump. But, I do know that many of them are much younger and hungrier than Biden. I also suspect that Harris a few others are a lot tougher than he is as well.

Where is the Congresswoman from Hawaii in the poll?

She has sort of dropped off the radar because her numbers are so low. She was polling below 1% before Real Clear Politics dropped her from the chart. Their chart has the top 12 people. The Quinnipiac poll actually did not have results for Gillibrand and Inslee so I just gave them 1% each.
Ah. No surprise. She doesn't toe the warmonger party line on foreign policy etc...she seems sane.

I admire her service to the country in the military. But she is confused when it comes to U.S. Foreign Policy and Defense Policy.
I think she is the ONLY sane democrat on foreign policy. The left AND right hate her so she is doing something right.

She does not understand that sometimes regime change is a necessity.
That's because its not EVER necessary. If the PEOPLE of a nation want regime change then THEY need to do it NOT the US government.
New polling data from EMERSON on the race in Nevada between BIDEN and TRUMP:

BIDEN: 52%

TRUMP: 48%

You should post the links so we can see how many democrats vs republicans were polled in all these polls.

I don't know who the Dem nominee will be. But, it won't be Biden. He is a total joke. A pushover. Only Sanders is more of a pushover. Polls this far out mean nothing. As people get to know the other candidates, the race will change and a front runner will emerge. A national poll had Clinton up by 14 points with just 2 weeks to go, and was off by a mile.

I still think Clinton and Beto will form a ticket.

Well, if Biden is a total Joke, why is he kicking Trumps ass in the latest polls in Michigan, Wisconsin as well as the national polls? Plus, polling has a much longer history than just what happened in 2016. If your opinion on polling is formed by what happened in 2016, then you will be in for a rude awakening in 2020. Most polling is pretty accurate within certain margins.

The average of the latest 5 polls for the Democratic nomination shows the following:

Biden: 29.4%

Sanders: 23.4%

Harris: 10.4%

Beto O'Rourke: 8%

Warren: 6.6%

Booker: 4%

Klobuchar: 2.3%

Buttigieg: 1.3%

Hickenlooper: 1%

Castro: .8%

Inslee: .8%

Gillibrand: .4%

Regardless of what people say, Biden is riding high and he hasn't even declared yet. Biden has the advantaged of being on the national ticket into Presidential elections in 2008 and 2012 and winning both times. He served as Vice President for 8 years in an administration that is more POPULAR than the current administration. He is a known entity and people like him. Both positives for Biden and explains why he leads the current list average.

So you say. You have a agenda as well so that means that what you say doesn't matter.

What I say here doesn't really matter. I am just posting my thoughts on a message board. We are talking about major polling organizations with the ability to sway opinions on a national level. He who holds the gold makes the rules. That's the way it is in reality. The polls are made to order in my opinion. But, in the big picture, what does it matter?

I think the polls are saying, anybody but Trump. The problem the democrats have is Biden is too old and Sanders is a full blown socialist. Neither will sit well with voters. What they need is a younger charismatic candidate with experience, maybe that black guy, named Barack something or another.

Last edited:
As was yours.

Everyone knows that the Iraq war was a mistake. Everyone knows that one of the prime causes of the 2008 depression was the repeal of the Steagall Act.

It is apparent from everyone of those stands that Biden took, that he is no different than any other corporate tool. There isn't a soul in America that REALLY understands that Patriot Act that supports it.

You are just an idiot that doesn't understand shit about politics and only parrots what you see on TEE VEE. The corporations tell you how to think, and you oblige them.

Removing SADDAM from power in Iraq was one of the best things the United States ever did for its security, the security of the region, and the world. It would be foolish to believe that things would be better off with Saddam in power, the man that invaded and annexed Kuwait resulting in a crises in the oil markets that caused the 1991 recession.

I agree that Biden was foolish to repeal glass Steagall. That's why I listed 1999 above.

Only extreme liberals and foolish libertarians oppose the patriot act.

Bullshit.

With Saddam gone, Iran has moved into that power vacuum, and it has caused the rise of ISIS.

The only folks that have benefited are Israel and the Saudis. It has only led to chaos in the region.

He was tricked into invading Kuwait, b/c they wanted to invade him.

We have LOST freedom because of the Patriot Act, not gained it. It has not benefited America in any way.

Biden is no different than Republicans, no different.

WRONG!

Iran has not invaded or annexed any countries like Saddam did. Iran has not fired any ballistic missiles at other countries like Saddam did. Iran has not seized and destroyed oil wells of another country vital to the global economy like Saddam did.

That's why regime change was justified in Iraq but not in Iran. Iran is generally a paper tiger that hides behind proxy's when conducting its foreign policy.

The rise of ISIS was in part due to the premature pullout of U.S. troops from Iraq at the end of 2011. U.S. troops returned to Iraq in 2014, and ISIS was largely defeated in Iraq by mid-2017. The only remaining territory ISIS currently controls is in Syria. As of today they control a space of territory along the Euphrates River in Syria that is a little less than 500 meters long and 250 meters wide.

Kuwait, Bahrain, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Europe, Japan, the United Sates and the rest of the industrialized world all benefited from the removal of Saddam. Saddam was a threat to global energy supply and seized and sabotaged assets vital to global energy supply in the past setting off a global recession. You can't let someone like that remain in power. That's even before discussing is vast history with the production and use of WMD.

Nobody tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait on August 2, 1990. But even if they did, he was given a chance to leave Kuwait long before the operation to remove him from Kuwait began in January 1991. Instead of leaving Kuwait, Saddam ANNEXED Kuwait in mid-August 1990. NOBODY ever stated that Saddam had a right to ANNEX KUWAIT wiping it off the face of the map.

You would think that no one in the right mind would be willing to defend someone like SADDAM, but here you are doing just that. Wonder what you would say about Hitler.

Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism. Their goal is to establish a Persian Empire in the Middle East. Add Russia who wants to establish a world empire and that spells danger for the US.

Wow.

Could you be anymore a victim of propaganda?

Screen-Shot-2019-03-29-at-11.05.44-AM.png

NATO expansion map. (CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons)

There is nothing wrong with NATO expansion. It was important for NATO to take in as many countries as it could since the collapse of the Soviet Union, since it would be only a matter of time before the Russian Federation would recover and start up its aggressive policies towards the west and the world again. Europe, especially western Europe is much safer now that the line Russian tanks are not allowed to cross is hundreds of miles further to the east.

Notice, every country that joins NATO does so because they volunteer freely to do it. They also have to meet a number of conditions in terms of Democracy, government, human rights, stability etc.

Interesting. A good rebuttal would be a poll showing Trump beating Biden in 2020. I've not seen any yet.

Very few polls said Trump would beat Hillary in 2016. Look how that turned out.

Another Trumper hanging on to November 2016. I guess they will still be talking about Hillary Clinton and November 2016 even after November 3, 2020.

Sanders? Didn't you see what Clinton and the DNC did to that guy? He was curled up in a ball and went away quietly. Honestly, I will debate Biden. But, Sanders is in it just for attention. He is a super lightweight and would be crushed by any number of the other candidates.

On to Biden, he has been a terrible national candidate his entire life. He is now pushing 80 and no longer relevant. At his peak, Biden wasn't winning nationally. He knew in 2016 that he could never beat Clinton and went away quietly as well. And that was when everyone was 99.9% sure that whomever won the Dem nomination was a shoe in to win the Presidency. Biden is a pushover.

I don't think any of the Dem candidates can beat Trump. But, I do know that many of them are much younger and hungrier than Biden. I also suspect that Harris a few others are a lot tougher than he is as well.

Nice opinion, but you have no data to support your conclusions.

Its polling time again, and guess what Trump lovers, we got a nice poll from RASMUSSEN that shows Joe Biden is going to be sending Trump packing in 2020.

RASMUSSEN - Friday March 29, 2019

BIDEN: 49%

TRUMP: 44%

Here is another national poll from PPP Monday April 1, 2019:

BIDEN: 53%

TRUMP: 40%

Nice opinion, but you have no data to support your conclusions.

I disagree.

Biden did very poorly in his prior attempts at becoming President.

Biden is almost 80 years old. Harris, Beto and others are much younger. Also, the evidence seems to point to the conclusion they hungrier, as Biden has spent years just trying to make up his mind. And still hasn't.

On Sanders, Clinton swatted him aside with little effort.

What other proof do you need?

Forum List

Back