What the Quran really says

I attended spiritualist churches for over twenty years, but I do not call myself a spiritualist, just a seeker of truth. I found the truth yesterday, that the quran says the sun orbits the earth, and now I have written a small piece about it to paste into various forums
^^^^^ You are definitely a legend in your own mind....... :cuckoo: :lol:

In my time on various muslim forums I learned that they believe spiritualists are decieved by Jinns, and the dead are dormant waiting for judgement day. But this was not my experience of spiritualist mediums and their modern day revelations.

They teach there will be no judgement day, and there is no lasting hell, nor a devil.

That is because they are trying to comfort and guide people, not scare them into mental slavery like Muhammad did.

Right, and the sun sets in a murky pool where people live. Kiss my ass, you lying muslim.

Dhulqurnayan was walking and he saw a reflection of the sunset on a Muddy Pool, it's common sense....:D

Don't try to make something out of nothing....:D

This English translation was taken from A. Yusuf Ali. Let us analyse the verse part by part.

“Until, when he reached the setting of the sun…”: The translation of this part of the verse does not say that Zul-Qarnain reached the place where the sun sets LITERALLY, rather it means here that Zul-Qarnain was facing the direction in which the sun is setting. The “setting of the sun,” is an Arabic idiom meaning ‘the western-most point’ of his expedition. However, in general, idioms should not be literally translated.

“…he found it set in a spring of murky water”: The Qur’an is obviously describing what Dhul-Qarnain saw. What Dhul-Qarnain saw was the image of the sun setting in a dark body of water. Since the Qur’an is clearly describing this from Dhul-Qarnain’s direct point of view (the Qur’an is quite explicit here in doing that), there is in fact no problem with the description of what Dhul-Qarnain saw. Of course the Critic is right when he says that “the sun does not set in a spring of murky water”, but try standing at a beach during the time when the sun is about to set and the Critic would be able to see the sun “entering” the sea far in the horizon. This therefore gives us the conclusion that Dhul-Qarnain was somewhere west and by a large body of water, possibly the sea.

Therefore, it is clear the verse says that Dhul-Qarnain went west and saw the sun setting over the horizon so that it looked to him as though it was setting into the sea, which is murky-looking. Probably the critic have never stood by on the beach and observe the sun set.

Typical cultic explanation. Twist and manipulate what it says so it sells.

No, it's called Arabic literature. And I could make a fool out of the Bible if I wanted to right now but I'm not a loser without hobbies and I'm not anti God of the Worlds....:D....neither am I a bigot or hater....:D

Poor guy, Dajjal, he's very scared of what comes after death and he tries to find answers by looking everywhere...that won't work Dajjal....you're gonna meet God right away and don't waste your time thinking about it...make a decision....:cool:

Dhulqurnayan was walking and he saw a reflection of the sunset on a Muddy Pool, it's common sense....:D

Don't try to make something out of nothing....:D

This English translation was taken from A. Yusuf Ali. Let us analyse the verse part by part.

“Until, when he reached the setting of the sun…”: The translation of this part of the verse does not say that Zul-Qarnain reached the place where the sun sets LITERALLY, rather it means here that Zul-Qarnain was facing the direction in which the sun is setting. The “setting of the sun,” is an Arabic idiom meaning ‘the western-most point’ of his expedition. However, in general, idioms should not be literally translated.

“…he found it set in a spring of murky water”: The Qur’an is obviously describing what Dhul-Qarnain saw. What Dhul-Qarnain saw was the image of the sun setting in a dark body of water. Since the Qur’an is clearly describing this from Dhul-Qarnain’s direct point of view (the Qur’an is quite explicit here in doing that), there is in fact no problem with the description of what Dhul-Qarnain saw. Of course the Critic is right when he says that “the sun does not set in a spring of murky water”, but try standing at a beach during the time when the sun is about to set and the Critic would be able to see the sun “entering” the sea far in the horizon. This therefore gives us the conclusion that Dhul-Qarnain was somewhere west and by a large body of water, possibly the sea.

Therefore, it is clear the verse says that Dhul-Qarnain went west and saw the sun setting over the horizon so that it looked to him as though it was setting into the sea, which is murky-looking. Probably the critic have never stood by on the beach and observe the sun set.

No, it's called Arabic literature. And I could make a fool out of the Bible if I wanted to right now but I'm not a loser without hobbies and I'm not anti God of the Worlds....:D....neither am I a bigot or hater....:D

You're a lying muslim; therefore, you are a bigot and a hater. The evidence is all over the planet for everyone to see.

In my time on various muslim forums I learned that they believe spiritualists are decieved by Jinns, and the dead are dormant waiting for judgement day. But this was not my experience of spiritualist mediums and their modern day revelations.

They teach there will be no judgement day, and there is no lasting hell, nor a devil.

That is because they are trying to comfort and guide people, not scare them into mental slavery like Muhammad did.
There is a guy who is always standing on the corner near the place I work with a shopping cart full of his belongings.

He is always talking to himself about spirit guides and mediums.

Sometimes I put spare change in his tin cup.

Is that you Dajjal?? :cool:

You're a lying muslim; therefore, you are a bigot and a hater. The evidence is all over the planet for everyone to see.

You're mentally ill...:D case closed....:D

You're mentally ill...:D case closed....:D

Oh, for sure. From the follower of a pedophile, liar, and a murderer, I'm supposedly mentally ill. LOL.

Poor guy, Dajjal, he's very scared of what comes after death and he tries to find answers by looking everywhere...that won't work Dajjal....you're gonna meet God right away and don't waste your time thinking about it...make a decision....:cool:

I owned your ass yesterday, by proving the hadith showed the quran says the sun orbits the earth. But you are too indocrinated to recognise the truth when you read it.

And I am still waiting for an explanation of the verse that says the stars are missiles to throw at devils.

I owned your ass yesterday, by proving the hadith showed the quran says the sun orbits the earth. But you are too indocrinated to recognise the truth when you read it.

And I am still waiting for an explanation of the verse that says the stars are missiles to throw at devils.

You owned $h*%....:D

There is a guy who is always standing on the corner near the place I work with a shopping cart full of his belongings.

He is always talking to himself about spirit guides and mediums.

Sometimes I put spare change in his tin cup.

Is that you Dajjal?? :cool:

Seriously?

Last edited:
I agree by not living by your Holy Book/religion does not make you a true Christian/Muslim/Jew.

But I'm also saying your idea of salvation which is just accepting an idea and entering the religion does not save you. In my belief it doesn't, but I'm not a Christian, although its good to talk about our religions to have a better understanding of each other. Muslims and Jews don't accept that Jesus is The Lord. That doesn't mean Muslims and Jews have so much in common, it's depends, core beliefs are similiar but in depth ways of life and approaches are a little different, now Christianity has a different core belief, it depends which Christians, some Christians don't believe Jesus is God but rather his son, some don't believe he is his son either. Christianity and Islam and identical in core beliefs, but the way of life and commandments are all similiar. But what Christianity lacks is scholar like input in life, daily life and decisions. Jew have much scholarship on war, life, marriage troubles, etc. Same with Islam, their rulings are applied everywhere. They have established ideas with verified information.

....Now, if I am a smoker and become a "saved" individual through the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit of God begins to work on my life and soul to make me conform to the image of Christ. However, if I continue to smoke, well, I will likely die of CANCER. So, the temporal results of sin still count for something in the lives of Christians. If I cheat on my wife, I will likely ruin my marriage; however, I will not lose my salvation. I will be a bad testimony to the world, I might die young, and I may not have very much treasure in heaven, but I will still go to heaven. Once people become saved, most feel compelled to do the right things to please God and perhaps bring others to the Lord. They do not do things to earn God's favor, because they already possess it. They do things out of pure love of God and of their fellow man ---- not because they have to. Not every person calling himself a Christian is one. One must have trusted the Lord and seek God's will for theri life... And I feel part of that Trust is accepting the Holy Bible as entirely true (being God's Holy Word). Most people calling themselves Christians make excuses for the Bible and believe things contray to what the Bible says. I do not believe such have real faith in God. I'm not speaking of mistakes in understanding, I am speaking of denying the very nature of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. Such is not true faith.

What true Chritianity is, is a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ. One has come to a point in his/her life to decide to accept God's control of his/her life or reject God's control. This I believe comes with the working of the Holy Spirit (He comes to the door and knocks --- if any one hears His voice and opens the door, He will enter) When one accept's God's control through the saving grace of Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit comes into that individual's soul and begins to work with that individual and that individual becomes a brother/sister of Christ. The Holy Spirit then starts to conform that individual to be more and more like Christ. I believe the True Christian will accept the total literal truth of the Holy Bible as the Holy Spirit works within and bring greater understanding to that individual and bringing the individual into the body of believers. I find that true believers have two things in common. One they love to talk about God and the Bible. Secondly, they love people and want them to come to believe and have faith in Jesus. I do not imagine any real Christian wants anyone to go to hell.

Oh, for sure. From the follower of a pedophile, liar, and a murderer, I'm supposedly mentally ill. LOL.

Baseless allegations...:clap2:...you're a failure....:D

You're deceived by liars. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

You're so painfully stupid man...:D...prove to everyone how I'm deceived by 'liars' ....and I'm never becoming a Christian...Christians come to me...:D. I've already converted two friends and more are curious everyday....:cool:

You owned $h*%....:D

You're brainwashed. Do you honestly believe all those lying interpretations these asswipes feed you? Think for yourself, you poor ignorant thing.

Baseless allegations...:clap2:...you're a failure....:D

You're deceived by liars. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

You're so painfully stupid man...:D...prove to everyone how I'm deceived by 'liars' ....and I'm never becoming a Christian...Christians come to me...:D. I've already converted two friends and more are curious everyday....:cool:

You're a good cultist who is doing their job well. Nohing to be proud of by deceiving people. You're to be pitied. Your pain is going to unimaginable when you see Jesus on the judgement throne.

Forum List

Back