🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What The Syrian Civil War Is Really All About

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
From SOFREP Blog @ What The Syrian Civil War Is Really All About | SOFREP

I know a lot of you sniff at blog posts but this is from a group of Special Operation types who've been there and done that. I found it quite informative.
While the media (and a lot of politicians) are attempting to paint a picture of the Syrian civil war as being about rebels desiring freedom from the tyrant Assad, the actual picture is much different. Anyone who’s been paying attention should not be surprised by this—it’s been the case with most conflicts over the last sixty years.

More at link. What caught my attention is that the basic conflict is between Iranian-backed Shi'a and Salafists whom the Wahabis are part of.

Mr Knife----I hope lots of people read your citation-----now I will
pat my own back. Over the past two years----I have
been responding to people who waxed JOYFUL over the
"ARAB SPRING"-----that there is no reason for joy----it is
actually a phenomenon that happens lots ----a RELIGIOUS
REVIVAL -----kicked off in 1979 ----in Iran and it will
wax bloodier and bloodier as it spreads thruout the islamic
world. ------and even among muslims in other worlds ----
and I was right. I would compare it in some respects
to the Inquisition----and phenomena like CROMWELL.
which IMHO-----actually formed the basis for lots of
genocides ------even of
native americans in the USA by europeans. Cortez did it
for Queen Isabella. Queen Isabella did it for piety.

hopefully it will start winding down---<<< not actually
a prediction

From SOFREP Blog @ What The Syrian Civil War Is Really All About | SOFREP

I know a lot of you sniff at blog posts but this is from a group of Special Operation types who've been there and done that. I found it quite informative.
While the media (and a lot of politicians) are attempting to paint a picture of the Syrian civil war as being about rebels desiring freedom from the tyrant Assad, the actual picture is much different. Anyone who’s been paying attention should not be surprised by this—it’s been the case with most conflicts over the last sixty years.

More at link. What caught my attention is that the basic conflict is between Iranian-backed Shi'a and Salafists whom the Wahabis are part of.

So true, it's a religious conflict between radical elements of the Sunni and Shia sects of Islam. What fools like McCain don't want to acknowledge is we are damned if the rebels win and not better offer if ASSSSad wins. At least we know what we have with ASSSSad.

What the US and the West should do, is provide weapons and support to both sides and prolong the bloodshed as long as possible and then sit back :popcorn:!

Forum List

Back