What the TEA Parties Want...

No, foxfyre, you are misrepresenting what you said now: that is a deliberate fabrication (a lie). TM has corrected you. Now please admit you were caught in your deception, and let's all move on.

No, foxfyre, you are misrepresenting what you said now: that is a deliberate fabrication (a lie). TM has corrected you. Now please admit you were caught in your deception, and let's all move on.

So states the 2nd most dominant liar on the board, standing up for the 1st place liar on the board, TM.

You did not identify my changed post as a change that you did. You did it in a dishonest and unethical way.Nope people on here do it all the time, No one thought you wrote that and you know it

I know what 'decided law' means and it can apply in the lowest to the highest court. And there is no such thing as 'decided' law that is final as any law can be changed even if it requires a Constitutional amendment to do it.It is what the SCOTUS is for

Now then, if you have no argument smarter than pretending the Supreme Court is God and/or I am not allowed to have opinions, please find something else to do.

They are the final arbitors of the laws of this land being in line with the constitution.

Its decided law.

You can pretend you can overturn these decisions but you are just fooling yourself.

How about I pretend that I know what I'm talking about, you are misrepresenting what I have said as well as being unethical in the process, and you apparently don't have a clue?

Do have a good day.

No.. the SC indeed is not empowered to reinterpret the constitution... nor are they the final arbitrators for laws in this land being in line with the constitution... perhaps TM should read and understand the constitution...

Article III - The Judicial Branch Note

Section 1 - Judicial powers

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2 - Trial by Jury, Original Jurisdiction, Jury Trials

(The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.) (This section in parentheses is modified by the 11th Amendment.)

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Amendment 11 - Judicial Limits. Ratified 2/7/1795. Note History

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

I did not put in the sections about treason or speedy trial, etc as it does not really pertain to the argument about the powers vested to the court by the constitution

Last edited:
This wasn't directed to me, but if I may. . . .

The national defense is constitutionally mandated, but it could be pared back to its constitutional intent by eliminating the graft and corruption inherent in contracts and other favors that Congress directs to favored constituents. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would begin the process to do that.

Social programs should not be the prerogative of the Federal government as there is no Constitutional authority for them. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would recognize that you can't just dump the programs without creating unconscionable hardship on people those programs have made dependent. But we could start the slow process of phasing out those we don't have to have and transferring the rest to the states where they properly belong. We don't have to just allow them to continue to grow and fester in their current unsustainable state.

Once you remove the Federal government's ability to buy votes by dispensing favored status or gifts to anybody, you would be surprised how much less money it would require to run the Federal government at all levels.

I think that is a very fair answer.

However, I do not believe it is politically possible. As the NY Times poll Willow posted, Tea Party people tend to support social security and medicare. That seems at odds with getting the government out of people's lives, given that both are nearly half of all federal government spending.

When I see Tea Party people protesting with signs that say "Cut MY social security" and "Cut MY medicare" and "Cut MY son's VA benefits" and "Cut MY children's school budget" and so on, then I will believe it is a serious movement.

The national defense is constitutionally mandated, but it could be pared back to its constitutional intent by eliminating the graft and corruption inherent in contracts and other favors that Congress directs to favored constituents. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would begin the process to do that.

Social programs should not be the prerogative of the Federal government as there is no Constitutional authority for them. A Congress interested in returning to constitutional roots would recognize that you can't just dump the programs without creating unconscionable hardship on people those programs have made dependent. But we could start the slow process of phasing out those we don't have to have and transferring the rest to the states where they properly belong. We don't have to just allow them to continue to grow and fester in their current unsustainable state.

Once you remove the Federal government's ability to buy votes by dispensing favored status or gifts to anybody, you would be surprised how much less money it would require to run the Federal government at all levels.

However, I do not believe it is politically possible. As the NY Times poll Willow posted, Tea Party people tend to support social security and medicare. That seems at odds with getting the government out of people's lives, given that both are nearly half of all federal government spending.

When I see Tea Party people protesting with signs that say "Cut MY social security" and "Cut MY medicare" and "Cut MY son's VA benefits" and "Cut MY children's school budget" and so on, then I will believe it is a serious movement.

How's this

Cut out medicare and medicaid
Let persons already participating opt out of SS to retirement invest on their own
Allow no new persons into SS
Cut out the federal department of education and anything else on the federal level for education

But on VA benefits and other such employment benefits to soldiers who are indeed federal employees, I would not support that

I am not a member of the Tea Party... but I agree with a good amount of the ideas supported by them... though I find to many mixed messages coming from many of the supporters/members

How's this

Cut out medicare and medicaid
Let persons already participating opt out of SS to retirement invest on their own
Allow no new persons into SS
Cut out the federal department of education and anything else on the federal level for education

But on VA benefits and other such employment benefits to soldiers who are indeed federal employees, I would not support that

I am not a member of the Tea Party... but I agree with a good amount of the ideas supported by them... though I find to many mixed messages coming from many of the supporters/members

That's because they don't have a leader.

Toro, it would be interesting to see a poll on opinions regarding SSI, something along the lines of, 'do you agree that people over the age of 55 should receive back the money they've put into SSI over time, but once that level is reached, means testing will be applied.' I think many would be surprised, especially if it included phased in reductions of SSI for the young-even if it meant not receiving back what was confiscated.

Toro, it would be interesting to see a poll on opinions regarding SSI, something along the lines of, 'do you agree that people over the age of 55 should receive back the money they've put into SSI over time, but once that level is reached, means testing will be applied.' I think many would be surprised, especially if it included phased in reductions of SSI for the young-even if it meant not receiving back what was confiscated.

Social security has to be reformed. Benefits have to be cut back. Most likely, the age for when one receives full social security will be raised. Something has to happen because the math simply doesn't work.

I believe that all people should be in some sort of social security but giving the people the option to invest themselves is a good idea. Also, transforming social security into a real pension fund that could invest in all asset classes, like stocks, real estate, corporate bonds, etc., would also dramatically lower future problems.

Those are changes that would work Toro and maybe someday we iwll have an honest enough congress to effect the changes.

As of yet all we get is posturing for politial gain when it comes on the plate.

They are the final arbitors of the laws of this land being in line with the constitution.

Its decided law.

You can pretend you can overturn these decisions but you are just fooling yourself.

How about I pretend that I know what I'm talking about, you are misrepresenting what I have said as well as being unethical in the process, and you apparently don't have a clue?

Do have a good day.

No.. the SC indeed is not empowered to reinterpret the constitution... nor are they the final arbitrators for laws in this land being in line with the constitution... perhaps TM should read and understand the constitution...

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

(The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.) (This section in parentheses is modified by the 11th Amendment.)

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

I did not put in the sections about treason or speedy trial, etc as it does not really pertain to the argument about the powers vested to the court by the constitution

No, DD, you are not empowered to reinterpret the Constitution. Only SCOTUS can interpret it legally, not the President not the Congress. That is what had Jefferson to Bush and many congresses so hot over the years.

But you notice both Congress and Bush obeyed SCOTUS on its rulings concerning tribunals.

Once again, DD, you don't reinterpret the Constitution. But that's only my opinion. :lol:

Last edited:
Those are changes that would work Toro and maybe someday we iwll have an honest enough congress to effect the changes.

As of yet all we get is posturing for politial gain when it comes on the plate.

Both parties are very good at doing that.

All seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Contract FROM America

1 Protect the Constitution

2 Reject Cap & Trade

3 Demand a Balanced Budget

4 Enact Fundamental Tax Reform

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

6 End Runaway Government Spending

7 Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care

8 Pass an 'All of the Above' Energy Policy

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

And because of this they are made fun of by the likes of......

Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC when they call the people in the Tea Party as.....

Tea Baggers.....

Ed Shultz of MSNBC.....when he calls them...

Psychos

Or the best, Chris Matthews also of MSNBC...

The Tea Party is filled with White People and going on to suggest that they are racists.

Nice going MSNBC.... really going out of your way to bring people together.How about trying to report the facts and not go out of your way to protect the man you helped get elected.:eusa_angel:

Do have a good day.

No, DD, you are not empowered to reinterpret the Constitution. Only SCOTUS can interpret it legally, not the President not the Congress. That is what had Jefferson to Bush and many congresses so hot over the years.

But you notice both Congress and Bush obeyed SCOTUS on its rulings concerning tribunals.

Once again, DD, you don't reinterpret the Constitution. But that's only my opinion. :lol:

Show in the constitution, which is pretty easy to understand, where the SC is granted that power... we'll be waiting

Odd. How can these people speak for the tea party when Xeno has been bitching at me for months that there are no tea party leaders?

The Contract from America initiative was developed within the decentralized tea party and 912 movements. Ryan Hecker, a Houston Tea Party Society activist, developed the concept of creating a grassroots-generated call for reform prior to the April 15, 2009 Tax Day Tea Party rallies.

About Us

Ah hah! Glen Beck is the movement's leader. It all makes sense now......

Show in the constitution, which is pretty easy to understand, where the SC is granted that power... we'll be waiting

You don't get to intepret, once again. You can have your wrong opinion all you want.

Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just for fun, exactly how do YOU know what I did or did not say about Bush? Fucking idiot. Grasp one single solitary concept, zona.... I am an individual.... just because the left practice 'group think' does not mean that everyone does.

I am not 'you guys', I am me. At the risk of repeating myself.... Fucking Idiot.

You start a thread about what the Tea Party thinks, as a group, and then you ridicule the left with a charge of 'groupthink'?

Very funny. And yes we know you supported Bush. We know who are and who you were in the past.:evil:

You really are stupid, aren't you? I started a thread - with a fucking link to the 'contract from America' with a list provided by the TEA Parties. I didn't write the fucking list, you stupid cretin. VaYank made the same stupid mistake. I don't do 'group think'.

And, please do tell.... exactly who do you think I was in the past? This will be very entertaining.

You should try having an original thought once in a while then.

People have been asking folks to tell us how the tweo partys differ from each other all day.

So far no one can do it.

They are disgruntled Republicans and Republican sympathizers who can't get over losing a couple elections, and have to go all Chicken Little on us.

The Republicans they have an issue with are Republicans who they think aren't acting like real Republicans, i.e.,

it's the same old anti-RINO shit that the right has been tossing around since who knows when. It's Limbaugh stuff warmed over and repackaged.

Forum List

Back