🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 What to Do with Gaza?

Here is a post from 2004.....19 years ago.
Hamas has always been a problem and it's only going to get worse as time goes by and people forget.

Been a real peach:

Sheikh Yassins Mass-Murder Record

Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, leader of the Moslem Hamas terrorist organization who was killed yesterday in a daring Israeli missile attack, oversaw a total of 425 attacks - including the Park Hotel Seder massacre - that killed 377 Israelis and wounded 2,076.

Among the worst Hamas attacks in the past 3.5 years of the Palestinian Authority-initiated Oslo War were the following ten, which ended the lives of a total of 186 people:

June 1, 2001 - Dolphinarium in Tel Aviv, 21 killed - mostly new-immigrant teenagers from the former Soviet Union

Aug. 9, 2001 - Sbarros Pizzeria in Jerusalem, 15 killed, including the parents and three children of the Schijveschuurder family

Dec. 2, 2001 - Haifa bus, 15 killed

March 27, 2002 - Park Hotel in the midst of the Passover Seder, 30 killed, including six husband-and-wife couples

March 31, 2002 - Matza Restaurant in Haifa, 15 killed, including two sets of a father and two children

May 7, 2002 - Rishon Letzion hall, 16 killed

June 18, 2002 - #32 bus from Gilo, Jerusalem, 19 killed

March 5, 2003 - #37 bus in Haifa, 15 killed

June 11, 2003 - #14 bus, Jerusalem, 17 killed

Aug. 19, 2003 - #2 bus from Western Wall, 23 killed, including a mother and baby; father and son; and four other children

In fact, they could have had their own state if they had. HAMAS turned down Israel’s offer, and the Palestinians went along with HAMAS.
It seems the Palestinians have a choice to make; either their own homeland or extermination of Israel. They can't have both.

I meant when Hamas is supposedly destroyed and/if Israel decides to annex it.
Israel already welcomes Muslim/Palestinian people. Probably 20% of Israel are these people, and they even have government positions.

If Hamas is wiped out completely, you can bet Israel is far more likely to help those in need than Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or any of the loud pro-Palestinian activists.

Israel already welcomes Muslim/Palestinian people. Probably 20% of Israel are these people, and they even have government positions.

If Hamas is wiped out completely, you can bet Israel is far more likely to help those in need than Iran, Syria, Lebanon, or any of the loud pro-Palestinian activists.
Do I get you right that you propose annexation of the Gaza Strip into Israel with giving its populace the rights the Israeli Arabs have?

Do I get you right that you propose annexation of the Gaza Strip into Israel with giving its populace the rights the Israeli Arabs have?
It’s a thought, I would need to know if Israel even wants that.

All I know is that innocent victims are in better hands under Israel’s morality than the pro-Palestinian movements morality

I am stumped by what to do with the two million Palestinians living in Gaza. A simple idea is to leave them alone, but this has resulted in endless war with Israel. On the other hand, no other country appears willing to assume responsibility for this area. A third possibility would to resettle these people elsewhere, but who would want to accept them? My biggest fear is that the US might try to do this.

Any thoughts/solutions?
It's simple, end the blockade! They have a right to be free!

It’s a thought, I would need to know if Israel even wants that.

All I know is that innocent victims are in better hands under Israel’s morality than the pro-Palestinian movements morality
Yeah, ask them about it. I'll bet they would reject your proposal.

Just kidding here...but this reminds me of a scene from The West Wing:

1698951207125.png

Yeah, ask them about it. I'll bet they would reject your proposal.
Perhaps.. only if they want it.

This would be an opportunity for these Pro-Palestinian leaders/activists/nations to display some morality by taking in these poor innocents who were abused and exploited by Hamas.

Iran? Syria? Jordan? Lebenon? Notice how None of them moving to do that, and these are supposedly their people.

It tells you all you need to know. They don’t want to save these lives, they don’t even care about the lives at all. they just want to use them as political capital to demonize the nation they want to eliminate.. Israel.

Perhaps.. only if they want it.

This would be an opportunity for these Pro-Palestinian leaders/activists/nations to display some morality by taking in these poor innocents who were abused and exploited by Hamas.

Iran? Syria? Jordan? Lebenon? Notice how None of them moving to do that, and these are supposedly their people.

It tells you all you need to know. They don’t want to save these lives, they don’t even care about the lives at all. they just want to use them as political capital to demonize the nation they want to eliminate.. Israel.
Why should any of them take these people? Or, more correctly, I would agree that some refugee camps should have been opened in Sinai, but all people from there should have been returned back to their places in Gaza when hostilities ended.

Eliminate Hamas, establish an interim international governing body in Gaza for some period, orgsnize open elections there that will form the assembly and government, seek some peaceful solution for the West Bank, and sign a trading and security pact with some of Arab countries. That is the only way for Israel to find long-term peace.

Why should any of them take these people? Or, more correctly, I would agree that some refugee camps should have been opened in Sinai, but all people from there should have been returned back to their places in Gaza when hostilities ended.

Eliminate Hamas, establish an interim international governing body in Gaza for some period, orgsnize open elections there that will form the assembly and government, seek some peaceful solution for the West Bank, and sign a trading and security pact with some of Arab countries. That is the only way for Israel to find long-term peace.
The people in Gaza overwhelmingly support Hamas leaders in their elections.

So… how do you help people who ask for how they are currently being ignored and utilized in their deaths and suffering?

They wanted this

The people in Gaza overwhelmingly support Hamas leaders in their elections.

So… how do you help people who ask for how they are currently being ignored and utilized in their deaths and suffering?

They wanted this
They had the last elections something like 15 years ago, since then Hamas usurped all power. Yes, I also think that Hamas is quite popular there. But what do you propose? Ethnic cleansing? Israel can't cleanse 400 million of the Arabs.

Where do you get this crap?
Arabs moved into Israel for the jobs created by Jewish immigrants who were turning the wasteland into a prosperous agricultural paradise.
Sounds like a rewrite of history to me. There were Arabs living there for a millennium before there were Jews in any great numbers. It was never a wasteland.

Forum List

Back