What was a reason for God to sacrifice His Son?

Everything we know about god comes from a book. Most books are fiction. The Bible has a lot of total fiction, including Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, etc. There is nothing to indicate that the entire book isn't fiction, especially since it was written generations after the events described by people we do not know. Even if we put the bible in the nonfiction category, that would put it on the same shelf with books written by people we know who wrote self serving untrue histories and autobiographies. (No, Betsey Ross did not design and make the flag, and Washington did not cut down a cherry tree). Having walked through that chain of logic, I have reached the end of the train of thought.

As said prior to this, by someone else, people do not want to have to think too hard about their faith. Logically, it makes no sense, so they want you to abandon logic like they have. Also, they have an agenda, which others do not follow. I remember decades ago that I struck up a conversation with a lady at a Singles party. She turned the conversation to religion, and after identifying herself as a Charismatic Catholic (whatever that is) she wanted to save me. Just for the hell of it, I told her that I was already saved. She instantly lost all interest in the conversation, and went elsewhere to save someone else (I guess). I found the experience amusing.
Not true.

We can know about God by what he created.

Mosquitoes and dung beetles?
Beings that know and create that were predestined by the laws of nature before space and time were created.

But your answer was really close.

Everything we know about god comes from a book. Most books are fiction. The Bible has a lot of total fiction, including Noah's Ark, Adam and Eve, etc. There is nothing to indicate that the entire book isn't fiction, especially since it was written generations after the events described by people we do not know. Even if we put the bible in the nonfiction category, that would put it on the same shelf with books written by people we know who wrote self serving untrue histories and autobiographies. (No, Betsey Ross did not design and make the flag, and Washington did not cut down a cherry tree). Having walked through that chain of logic, I have reached the end of the train of thought.

As said prior to this, by someone else, people do not want to have to think too hard about their faith. Logically, it makes no sense, so they want you to abandon logic like they have. Also, they have an agenda, which others do not follow. I remember decades ago that I struck up a conversation with a lady at a Singles party. She turned the conversation to religion, and after identifying herself as a Charismatic Catholic (whatever that is) she wanted to save me. Just for the hell of it, I told her that I was already saved. She instantly lost all interest in the conversation, and went elsewhere to save someone else (I guess). I found the experience amusing.
Not true.

1) Are you trying to make an actual argument that God created mosquitos and dung beetles and nothing else? The entire rest of the universe just magically sprang up from nothing around his mosquitos and dung beetles?

2) Are you saying there's something inherently wrong or bad about mosquitos and dung beetles? Both of them fulfill a purpose in the ecosystem. What's your problem with that?

1. Not everything I know about God comes from a book. The things I do know have been confirmed by the Book.
2. The Bible is truths, some written in story form.
3. Actually it is the people who "drop out" who do not want to think too hard about faith.
4. With a bit a study and some time spent on language, history, and culture, it is logical and it does make sense.
5. "Save" is a Protestant expression, not a Catholic one. Sure she didn't say Charismatic Pentecostal? If one wants to become a Catholic, we have an RCIA program for people to attend.

Not true.

1) Are you trying to make an actual argument that God created mosquitos and dung beetles and nothing else? The entire rest of the universe just magically sprang up from nothing around his mosquitos and dung beetles?

2) Are you saying there's something inherently wrong or bad about mosquitos and dung beetles? Both of them fulfill a purpose in the ecosystem. What's your problem with that?

Are you trying to say that god created himself, and then waved his magic wand and created everything else?

1. Not everything I know about God comes from a book. The things I do know have been confirmed by the Book.
2. The Bible is truths, some written in story form.
3. Actually it is the people who "drop out" who do not want to think too hard about faith.
4. With a bit a study and some time spent on language, history, and culture, it is logical and it does make sense.
5. "Save" is a Protestant expression, not a Catholic one. Sure she didn't say Charismatic Pentecostal? If one wants to become a Catholic, we have an RCIA program for people to attend.

Nope. She called herself a charismatic Catholic. i also have a sister-in law who calls herself a catholic, but refuses to acknowledge church or priest authority, and, in fact, studies with a bible group 3 times per week, but refuses to go to church. I also was married to a woman who was a Catholic, but refused to go to church after a priest told her that her 1st child who was born dead would never be with her in heaven, and was stuck in limbo, nor could not be buried in consecrated ground because the child had not been baptized. Of course, that was back in the early 70's, so things have changed, but she hasn't. I give a lot of faiths a certain amount of gratis for weirdness, but Catholics and LDS are both "top down authority" religions, and i have no patience with either.

Nope. She called herself a charismatic Catholic. i also have a sister-in law who calls herself a catholic, but refuses to acknowledge church or priest authority, and, in fact, studies with a bible group 3 times per week, but refuses to go to church. I also was married to a woman who was a Catholic, but refused to go to church after a priest told her that her 1st child who was born dead would never be with her in heaven, and was stuck in limbo, nor could not be buried in consecrated ground because the child had not been baptized. Of course, that was back in the early 70's, so things have changed, but she hasn't. I give a lot of faiths a certain amount of gratis for weirdness, but Catholics and LDS are both "top down authority" religions, and i have no patience with either.

I know the Catholic faith and I know it well. There is not a branch of "Charismatic Catholics." We don't "Save" people. "Limbo" is NOT a place, something the Church made clear as far back as the 1960s. Limbo means that Scripture does not address the fate of the unborn and therefore the Church is in limbo as to what happens to these little souls. The go to philosophy is that they are in the hands of a merciful and loving God--we just don't have a scripture to confirm it. Two of my family members were in similar circumstances well before the date you listed, and you are either making this up or that poor woman fell into the hands of a negligent priest who would be guilty of mal-practice (if there were such a thing). Catholics should know what their Church teaches even should a priest get it wrong.

"before you can figure out who God is, you have to believe God exists in the first place" I have to believe in god first for any of this to work?
Yes. They are two separate and distinct questions.

1. Does God exist?
2. Who is God?

Now do you understand? If you need some more help, I am always here for you.
So to ask those questions and go further, I have to believe in god already. Does it matter which god?
You won't be able to determine who God is until you believe he exists. The first part informs the second part.

There is only one Creator, Taz. You are confusing many different perceptions of God with many different Gods. There is only one. And you aren't interested in finding him.
I'm not worried, you haven't found him either.

So I have to believe in god for him to exist. Um... no.
Sure I have. It wasn't very hard either.

No. You have to believe in God to find out who he is.
I already know who the god of the bible is and I don’t see any proof for such a person or being.

Not true.

Are you trying to say that god created himself, and then waved his magic wand and created everything else?

Didn't say anything about Him creating Himself, or any magic wands.

So you agree that the bible ISN'T god's word, good for you.

The bible is Gods word. My teachers studied very hard and corrected the errors here in these last days. Otherwise this could never be a truth-Daniel 12:4)

The encyclopedias( facts of history)-- clearly show of the pagan additives off the table of Demons in both Easter and Christmas( 1Cor 10:21)-- If ones teacher isn't warning them of those additives--they are teachers of darkness--all who listen to them have lost.
So it's written in the bible that the bible is god's words. Ummm... no, that makes no sense.

There is a lot of proof God inspired the bible. There are things in the OT about outer space( true things) no one could possibly know back then. As well archeologists dug many sights the bible said God destroyed those civilizations--They were wicked. 99.9% in Noahs day were wicked--Yet they were human, I would say they love their family and friends. Mislead into false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Corinthians 10:21)---- I can clearly see revelation passing before the worlds eyes, it has been for many years.
What do they know about outer space in the OT?

So the babies in Noah's day were wicked?

And please leave archeologists out of it, none ever said any civilizations were wicked, you know that that's nonsense.

Unfortunately God showed the parents that their children ride on their shoulders. In reality-- God destroyed the parents because they were wicked. Satans #1 tool= from generation to generation from parent to child--false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons handed down-- Those children were actually spared from living totally wicked existences facing a bad judgement--instead they will be given the opportunity to learn and apply Gods will and gain life everlasting in Gods kingdom. Unless they choose wrong after satan is loosed for a little while. Which would you choose for your children?
Many complain about disfellowshipping of a family member, but in the ot--being stoned to death on the spot was judgement--which would they choose for their family member?
You sound totally confused.

How do you know you've got the right one because everyone says they alone have the right one, so how do you tell?

The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
But those stories were written several generations after the events supposedly happened, so we don't really know what Jesus actually said.

God preserved the teachings of Jesus--They are the same in every translation on earth--( with the exception of a word--Earth-Land-Matt 5:5)-- There Jesus speaking about-the great multitude which no man can #--Will inherit the EARTH--- they do not go to heaven. Proverbs 2:21-22,, Matthew 24:22)-- the new earth= Gods kingdom in full control. No matter where one stands they will stand before Gods throne--The only ruling power to exist forever-Daniel 2:44)
That's not proof that Jesus said what's written in the bible that he said.

The OT was written thousands of years before Jesus, yet there are many things taught about him in those writings. The foretold Messiah- Gods appointed king. Daniel 7:13-15)--If youtruly desire to find God--do as Jesus said--Our Father who art in heaven--Through Jesus name at the end. Put your whole being into it. He will reveal himself. But be careful. Its easy to be believe untrue things.( Jeremiah 17:9)
Still not real proof.

I know the Catholic faith and I know it well. There is not a branch of "Charismatic Catholics." We don't "Save" people. "Limbo" is NOT a place, something the Church made clear as far back as the 1960s. Limbo means that Scripture does not address the fate of the unborn and therefore the Church is in limbo as to what happens to these little souls. The go to philosophy is that they are in the hands of a merciful and loving God--we just don't have a scripture to confirm it. Two of my family members were in similar circumstances well before the date you listed, and you are either making this up or that poor woman fell into the hands of a negligent priest who would be guilty of mal-practice (if there were such a thing). Catholics should know what their Church teaches even should a priest get it wrong.

In New Orleans, the church tends to follow "that old time religion". She also had a daughter who wanted to get married, but not in her Parrish church, because she did not like the priest. She went to a neighboring Parrish, but he would not marry her unless her Parrish priest gave him written permission. Fortunately, she married a catholic. Otherwise, he would have had to go through months of indoctrination by the church. of course, I could watch all this with amusement, since I am an athiest, and married my catholic wife in a civil ceremony.

Not true.

Didn't say anything about Him creating Himself, or any magic wands.

i know. Because your religious philosophy makes no sense, and you have no explanation of the nature of the universe and god, without referring to "god has always existed, and can do anything, and knows all, including the fate of everyone, including the unborn", which means that there is, is fact, no Free Will (that Christians love to attribute to god to explain evil, which god allows to exist).

In New Orleans, the church tends to follow "that old time religion". She also had a daughter who wanted to get married, but not in her Parrish church, because she did not like the priest. She went to a neighboring Parrish, but he would not marry her unless her Parrish priest gave him written permission. Fortunately, she married a catholic. Otherwise, he would have had to go through months of indoctrination by the church. of course, I could watch all this with amusement, since I am an athiest, and married my catholic wife in a civil ceremony.

Oh, come on. I married an atheist who did not have to go through any (let alone months) of indoctrination. Oddly enough, back in her day, my grandmother also married an atheist and nor did my grandfather have to undergo any "indoctrination." (The marriages also took place in different states.) Granted, neither of us lived in New Orleans. Also, I was married in a parish outside the one in which I resided--without a single hoop to jump through or written permissions required.

Oh, come on. I married an atheist who did not have to go through any (let alone months) of indoctrination. Oddly enough, back in her day, my grandmother also married an atheist and nor did my grandfather have to undergo any "indoctrination." (The marriages also took place in different states.) Granted, neither of us lived in New Orleans. Also, I was married in a parish outside the one in which I resided--without a single hoop to jump through or written permissions required.

OK. You win. The Catholic church is all about Freedom of thought and beliefs. Galileo must be proud! The Inquisition was just for show.

Its impossible, I told you for eternal suffering to be a reality-- Teachers of darkness teach it.
Who is a teacher of darkness?

99% of all religion on earth is in darkness
Religion? Or people?

What 1% of religion is in the light?

Jesus started one single religion( Acts 24:5)1Cor 1:10)

Its not that difficult to find his real teachers--Jesus said--- Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God--- thus his real teachers make 100% sure a steady bible reading every week is read at home and discussed in the congregation so all benefit from Gods will. Week after week, year after year--it does not stop. All can look at their teachers.
That would be the Catholic Church you are referring to. :smile:

Not on planet earth. They are so far removed from God and his son a 10 year old can see it.
Catholicism brought in the cross( pagan torture death device) statues, icons, graven images and filled their churches and homes with all of them. Condemned in the OT to use any of those.

99% of all religion on earth is in darkness
Religion? Or people?

What 1% of religion is in the light?
His own, of course.
Don't be silly. That would not be mathematically likely. Most likely he meant people.

Both is truth. Satan beat 99% living now centuries ago--All through the bible= 99% mislead--the only time maybe not, when Israel stood strong, they fell over and over though. Few know what Jesus actually taught. In every church on earth, the teachers are paid to teach that religions dogmas. A little of what Jesus taught, but not correctly either. Jesus clearly did away with the tithe, yet some fall for it and think they are listening to Jesus real teachers. They are being mislead. Ear ticklers for the tithe I call them.
Sounds like you are judging them.

The bible has already passed judgement.

The bible is Gods word. My teachers studied very hard and corrected the errors here in these last days. Otherwise this could never be a truth-Daniel 12:4)

The encyclopedias( facts of history)-- clearly show of the pagan additives off the table of Demons in both Easter and Christmas( 1Cor 10:21)-- If ones teacher isn't warning them of those additives--they are teachers of darkness--all who listen to them have lost.
So it's written in the bible that the bible is god's words. Ummm... no, that makes no sense.

There is a lot of proof God inspired the bible. There are things in the OT about outer space( true things) no one could possibly know back then. As well archeologists dug many sights the bible said God destroyed those civilizations--They were wicked. 99.9% in Noahs day were wicked--Yet they were human, I would say they love their family and friends. Mislead into false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons( 1Corinthians 10:21)---- I can clearly see revelation passing before the worlds eyes, it has been for many years.
What do they know about outer space in the OT?

So the babies in Noah's day were wicked?

And please leave archeologists out of it, none ever said any civilizations were wicked, you know that that's nonsense.

Unfortunately God showed the parents that their children ride on their shoulders. In reality-- God destroyed the parents because they were wicked. Satans #1 tool= from generation to generation from parent to child--false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons handed down-- Those children were actually spared from living totally wicked existences facing a bad judgement--instead they will be given the opportunity to learn and apply Gods will and gain life everlasting in Gods kingdom. Unless they choose wrong after satan is loosed for a little while. Which would you choose for your children?
Many complain about disfellowshipping of a family member, but in the ot--being stoned to death on the spot was judgement--which would they choose for their family member?
You sound totally confused.

It must be your confusion--I stated--FACT.

The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
But those stories were written several generations after the events supposedly happened, so we don't really know what Jesus actually said.

God preserved the teachings of Jesus--They are the same in every translation on earth--( with the exception of a word--Earth-Land-Matt 5:5)-- There Jesus speaking about-the great multitude which no man can #--Will inherit the EARTH--- they do not go to heaven. Proverbs 2:21-22,, Matthew 24:22)-- the new earth= Gods kingdom in full control. No matter where one stands they will stand before Gods throne--The only ruling power to exist forever-Daniel 2:44)
That's not proof that Jesus said what's written in the bible that he said.

The OT was written thousands of years before Jesus, yet there are many things taught about him in those writings. The foretold Messiah- Gods appointed king. Daniel 7:13-15)--If youtruly desire to find God--do as Jesus said--Our Father who art in heaven--Through Jesus name at the end. Put your whole being into it. He will reveal himself. But be careful. Its easy to be believe untrue things.( Jeremiah 17:9)
Still not real proof.

I have read in the bible where the wicked keep demanding proof.

Forum List

Back