What Will Democrats Say or Do When. . . ?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
What will Democrats say or do when people see a sizable increase in their take-home pay and realize that the Democrats lied to them about the Trump tax cut?

I had a funny, revealing experience at work the other day. A deal lady with whom I work is a sincere liberal. She gets her news from MSNBC and the Washington Post. She told me that the Trump tax cut will mainly benefit the rich, blah, blah, blah. I sat her down and showed her the new tax tables. She was stunned. Stunned. She looked them over for several minutes. She wanted me to verify that the tables were authentic, which I easily did. After several more minutes, she finally said, "Well, I guess the tax cut does give a lot to people like me."

Doesn't matter. They'll still attribute it to Obama.

There is a reason why their party animal is a stubborn jackass.

What will Democrats say or do when people see a sizable increase in their take-home pay and realize that the Democrats lied to them about the Trump tax cut?

I had a funny, revealing experience at work the other day. A deal lady with whom I work is a sincere liberal. She gets her news from MSNBC and the Washington Post. She told me that the Trump tax cut will mainly benefit the rich, blah, blah, blah. I sat her down and showed her the new tax tables. She was stunned. Stunned. She looked them over for several minutes. She wanted me to verify that the tables were authentic, which I easily did. After several more minutes, she finally said, "Well, I guess the tax cut does give a lot to people like me."

What did they lie about ? The working class tax cuts are temporary while the big money cuts are not.

Might want to explain to her how this cuts are going to be paid for on the other end . Remember that pesky debt you cons couldn’t stop talking about last year ?

If workers see a sizeable increase in their take home pay....they should vote Republican

But if the tax savings are hardly noticeable and their health insurance costs went up to cancel out any savings, they should vote Democrat

What did they lie about ? The working class tax cuts are temporary while the big money cuts are not.

Temporary to 2026, eight years away. Plenty of time to deal with it. President Pence will likely push for larger cuts.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Thanks Trump & Republicans! :rolleyes-41:

1-18-17tax-f3.png

Nah. It is a fact that the major DOLLAR beneficiaries will be the Very Well Off, and consequently, most of the dollar deficit (as compared with current tax revenues) will go to the "One Percenters."

Dems are the party of ENVY, hence their message will be, "you might have gotten a nice tax cut, but The Rich got a much bigger one."

the tariffs designed to protect US jobs will cause most wealth and income to migrate to the low SALT states while the Blue Wall crumbles.

By November 2018, we will have plenty of time for the impact of the Republican cuts to sink in

Workers will see if there was significant impact on their pay
They will see how Republican cuts impacted their insurance costs
They will see if cutting corporate taxes by half trickled down to their pay

Democrats will claim the cuts only helped the wealthy........workers will know if they benefitted or not

There's much more to it than take-home pay, there is your net tax exposure at the end of the year.

We'll see what that looks like, then we'll know a lot more.

Another great aspect of the Trump tax cut bill is that cuts the capital gains tax and the inheritance tax. A lot of families, including some minority families, will now be able to pass on their family business to their kids in their wills without the government swooping in and taking nearly half of the business's worth. And, people whose income comes from capital gains will see their tax burden reduced.

It is incredible that not a single Democrat could must the moral courage to vote for something that would clearly benefit the country.

Might want to explain to her how this cuts are going to be paid for on the other end . Remember that pesky debt you cons couldn’t stop talking about last year ?
Only temporary because the obstructionist party felt it was a brilliant move to NOT vote for the tax cuts and make them permanent for the middle class....so that's 100% on democrats. Only needed 8 of you.

Sigh. . . . Seriously? Really? Eight years is "temporary"?

You surely know that that's now what we're talking about.

We're talking about the liberal lie that the Trump tax cuts mainly benefit the rich, when in fact the biggest rate cuts all go the middle class.

So you're going to keep ignoring the fact that every major tax cut since the early 1900s has been followed by a large increase in federal revenue? Just can't bring yourself to admit this demonstrable fact, hey?

You know, it's funny: When Obama temporarily cut taxes by $275 billion as part of his stimulus package in 2009, I don't remember any liberals worrying about "paying for" those tax cuts nor complaining that they were not permanent.

Finally, as for the chart that's based on dollar amounts and that argues that the rich will benefit the most, that is a silly and dumb argument. 2.6% of $1M is going to be more in dollars than 3% of $90K. That is just a function of math. It does not change the fact that the guy making $90K is getting to keep a larger share of his money than the guy making $1M.

Last edited:

Blame Bush. What else is new?

1-18-17tax-f3.png

Gosh, are you really making such a dumb argument? The top bracket three brackets get the smallest rate cuts: 1 percentage point, 0 percentage points, and 2.6 percentage points respectively. The three middle-income brackets get rate cuts of 3 percentage points, 3 percentage points, and 4 percentage points respectively.

Of course, in dollar amounts the rich will get back more money, but that's just a function math--it does not change the fact that the middle class will get to keep a larger share of their income than will the rich: the rich will pay a top marginal rate of 37%, whereas the top of the middle class will pay a top marginal rate of 24%. So a married couple earning $300K per year will get to keep 51% more of their income than will a married couple earning $800K per year.

Another great aspect of the Trump tax cut bill is that cuts the capital gains tax and the inheritance tax. A lot of families, including some minority families, will now be able to pass on their family business to their kids in their wills without the government swooping in and taking nearly half of the business's worth. And, people whose income comes from capital gains will see their tax burden reduced.

It is incredible that not a single Democrat could must the moral courage to vote for something that would clearly benefit the country.
That was cute...."including some minority families"

Conservatives are shameless assholes

1-18-17tax-f3.png

Gosh, are you really making such a dumb argument? The top bracket three brackets get the smallest rate cuts: 1 percentage point, 0 percentage points, and 2.6 percentage points respectively. The three middle-income brackets get rate cuts of 3 percentage points, 3 percentage points, and 4 percentage points respectively.

Of course, in dollar amounts the rich will get back more money, but that's just a function math--it does not change the fact that the middle class will get to keep a larger share of their income than will the rich: the rich will pay a top marginal rate of 37%, whereas the top of the middle class will pay a top marginal rate of 24%. So a married couple earning $300K per year will get to keep 51% more of their income than will a married couple earning $800K per year.
The super wealthy are not dumb enough to pay income taxes. Those are for people who work

They were given a 50 percent cut in corporate rates, an end to inheritance tax and elimination of the alternative minimum tax

That is where the money is

Only temporary because the obstructionist party felt it was a brilliant move to NOT vote for the tax cuts and make them permanent for the middle class....so that's 100% on democrats. Only needed 8 of you.

That is really going to come back and bite them on the ass. :laugh:

Forum List

Back