What will gender equality mean for military?

As soon as the standards are lowered, no one will have to lug a 180 pound weight, or run long distances. As long as the military is comfortable for the military members, that's all liberals ask.

It would really be nice if we could discuss a topic - any topic - once in a while without you whining about liberals. It's stupid and it makes you look like you're about five.

As for the topic, I think it will be a minor adjustment. I don't see why women can't be fit enough and strong enough to perform most tasks if they choose to.

I also hope the appalling record of the US Air Force on the raping of female cadets is improved.

Ever been on the front line?

If not, then you're talking out of your ass. When I don't have the facts, I tend to go with what expert and experience says. Women on the front line will be a clusterfuck. There are no toilets, showers, etc. on the front line. Think about it. Don't we ask enough of our front line troops without burdening with other people's PCBS?

Do you think women, those who join the military and expect to rough it, will wither away without showers and toilets? Seriously? :lol:

They will wither away without knees.

Of course a raging vaginal infection won't help either.

Men, generally, are stronger...but women have more endurance. And maybe some people are really upset about women being trained in weapons and confident about defending themselves. That would give some men the Willies, I'm sure.

Women have more endurance? Generally? Does that mean women run faster than men? Or that they can run longer distances? That's not how it works out in road races, marathons, the Olympics, etc.

Either way, the military currently lets Females have more time to finish their PT run's than they do the men.

I will reiterate my position before the window lickers hurt themselves; I support women in combat. Come one...come all. Gay, female, whatever. Just make the standard the same for everyone (without lowering it). I also think since women can serve in combat jobs that they should also have to register for selective service.

Now that the women-in-combat ban has been lifted, senator Rangel has proposed expanding the draft to include women. Others are concerned with changing standards for different units to accommodate physical differences between men and women, and think that women should still have separate roles, though potentially still in combat positions. I've been considering enlisting for a while now, and with these changes I have no idea what to expect. Do you think we could/should see policies like these coming soon?

Though it is great that the ban has been lifted, there are still some things to think about. Men's bodies are more physically fit, in general, compared to women. I don't mean to sound sexist, what I mean is that women's physical health will deteriorate at a faster rates than men's.

I think this is a problem. Clearly if women's health deteriorates faster, they won't be able to serve as long without serious repercussions. I think women can be equal in someways, but it might be impossible to do so in the military for the sake of their well-being.

Men, generally, are stronger...but women have more endurance. And maybe some people are really upset about women being trained in weapons and confident about defending themselves. That would give some men the Willies, I'm sure.

Men generally are stronger...but women have more endurance?:confused: That's as absurd as it is preposterous.

Women have more endurance? Generally? Does that mean women run faster than men? Or that they can run longer distances? That's not how it works out in road races, marathons, the Olympics, etc.

Either way, the military currently lets Females have more time to finish their PT run's than they do the men.

I will reiterate my position before the window lickers hurt themselves; I support women in combat. Come one...come all. Gay, female, whatever. Just make the standard the same for everyone (without lowering it). I also think since women can serve in combat jobs that they should also have to register for selective service.
I need to define "endurance" for you now?

http://running.competitor.com/2011/...omen-more-suited-for-endurance-than-men_28063

You don't have to do anything. I did not ask for the definition of endurance. Anyway, from your article:

Should all this prove true, does it mean women will ultimately own the longer distances? You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who’d say so. “Do I believe that women marathoners will ultimately run as fast as men? I absolutely do not,” declares Sundlun. But the fact that women are still relatively new to all this endurance work provides some pretty interesting headroom.

“Will women’s marks continue to drop more precipitously than men’s for a while? Absolutely,” Sundlun adds. “And I think the evidence will prove that percentage-wise, the difference between the records in the ultra areas should ultimately be closer [between men and women] than at those events where power and muscle mass are more involved. It does look like women have some genetic qualities that would make them more efficient in those areas.”

I've read numerous articles on the study of endurance between men and women. The only claim that most people make is that the gap between men and women in endurance running are getting smaller. Not that women are better than men at endurance racing. The records do not show this is the case.

The fastest woman marathoner just now hit the same time as the fastest male marathoner....from 1963.

Closing a gap is a lot different than beating altogether.

Generally women do not have more endurance than men, just like they generally do not have more muscle mass than men.

You don't have to do anything. I did not ask for the definition of endurance. Anyway, from your article:

Should all this prove true, does it mean women will ultimately own the longer distances? You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who’d say so. “Do I believe that women marathoners will ultimately run as fast as men? I absolutely do not,” declares Sundlun. But the fact that women are still relatively new to all this endurance work provides some pretty interesting headroom.

“Will women’s marks continue to drop more precipitously than men’s for a while? Absolutely,” Sundlun adds. “And I think the evidence will prove that percentage-wise, the difference between the records in the ultra areas should ultimately be closer [between men and women] than at those events where power and muscle mass are more involved. It does look like women have some genetic qualities that would make them more efficient in those areas.”

I've read numerous articles on the study of endurance between men and women. The only claim that most people make is that the gap between men and women in endurance running are getting smaller. Not that women are better than men at endurance racing. The records do not show this is the case.

The fastest woman marathoner just now hit the same time as the fastest male marathoner....from 1963.

Generally women do not have more endurance than men, just like they generally do not have more muscle mass than men.

I find it fascinating that you talk about "fast". That is a result of strength, something that men are generally better at.

Now...let's talk about "endurance". IF you were take average man and average woman and say....."keep going". Rest when you need to, but go a very very long distance....say, 100 - 500 miles, who do you think will Outlast the other?

But I chuckle at you thinking "Fast" =s "Endurance". LOL

Do you (or anyone else) think that units or duties could be arranged differently so women's responsibilities aren't as dependent on physical strength as on other abilities?

At the base we are stationed they have an all female combat unit. It elminates a lot of the fears many have expressed about women in combat.

Where are you stationed?

Never heard of anything like that before.

France :razz:

I find it fascinating that you talk about "fast". That is a result of strength, something that men are generally better at.

Now...let's talk about "endurance". IF you were take average man and average woman and say....."keep going". Rest when you need to, but go a very very long distance....say, 100 - 500 miles, who do you think will Outlast the other?

The first instance of "fast" (noted above in red font) appears in the article from YOUR link. The next two references to "fast" are from me and are in the context of the amount of time it takes a runner to complete a marathon. Fast; as in the measure of time it takes to complete some task (referenced here as how fast you complete a marathon).

You keep kind of shifting around a bit. You originally posted that women are better at endurance than men are. I disagreed with you on that point and asked for clarification. You posted an article (which when you read it completely invalidates the point you are trying to make) about women closing "a gap" between endurance times compared to men. Big difference.

To bring it full circle to the topic at hand. There will be very few women who can compete with men when it comes to physical acts such as strength and yes endurance as required my the military services. Anyone is welcome to try out for the infantry in my opinion, just that women are not able to compete with men in this arena because of the differences between the sexes.

Last edited:

The first instance of "fast" (noted above in red font) appears in the article from YOUR link. The next two references to "fast" are from me and are in the context of the amount of time it takes a runner to complete a marathon. Fast; as in the measure of time it takes to complete some task (referenced here as how fast you complete a marathon).

You keep kind of shifting around a bit. You originally posted that women are better at endurance than men are. I disagreed with you on that point and asked for clarification. You posted an article (which when you read it completely invalidates the point you are trying to make) about women closing "a gap" between endurance times compared to men. Big difference.

To bring it full circle to the topic at hand. There will be very few women who can compete with men when it comes to physical acts such as strength and yes endurance as required my the military services. Anyone is welcome to try out for the infantry in my opinion, just that women are not able to compete with men in this arena because of the differences between the sexes.
Are you saying that ALL women will not be able to compete with ALL men in this arena?

Forum List

Back