What would Jesus have looked like?

Commodilla%20Bust%20of%20Christ%20Yale%20Divinty%20Collection.jpg

Christ%20the%20good%20shepherd%20mosaic%2C%203rd%20C%2C%20ceiling%20S.jpg

What does that prove? Why are you so hell bent on Jesus being white...if he weren't, does that mean he cant be your savior.

Does God look like George Burns?

Oh yeah...those drawings are dated a few hundred years after the Cruxifiction of Christ.

Everybody in the Bibile is white. Just look at all of the movies and depictions.
Again....Christians don't turn to Hollywood to learn about God. Maybe that's why you're confused.
I am Christian...CHristians don't try to force a false narrative about Jesus being blue eyed. Only to white pseudo-Christians who are full of hate is it important to depict Jesus as white.

That's a good observation koshergirl.

It's not enough for for the Marxist/Islamist/Israel Haters to show that Christ may not have looked like yer stereotypical So Cal, White Hippie (which is fine with me) but that they insist on making him look like he belongs in one of those Nazi, Anti-Jew Propaganda posters.

"The Eternal Jew".

View attachment 57338

I am not insisting the reconstruction looks like anything except the "typical" Jew of the 1st century. I said if there was a "Jesus" he probably resembled the reconstruction and not the idealised iconography of modern European and American Christianity

The "typical jew" of the 1st century that I presented in the OP was a carefully done forensic reconstruction by experienced scientists. I'll quote some from the article;

The Real Face Of Jesus
An outgrowth of physical anthropology, forensic anthropology uses cultural and archeological data as well as the physical and biological sciences to study different groups of people, explains A. Midori Albert, a professor who teaches forensic anthropology at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Experts in this highly specialized field require a working knowledge of genetics, and human growth and development. In their research they also draw from the fields of primatology, paleoanthropology (the study of primate and human evolution) and human osteology (the study of the skeleton). Even seemingly distant fields like nutrition, dentistry and climate adaptation play a role in this type of investigation.
While forensic anthropology is usually used to solve crimes, Richard Neave, a medical artist retired from The University of Manchester in England, realized it also could shed light on the appearance of Jesus. The co-author of Making Faces: Using Forensic And Archaeological Evidence, Neave had ventured in controversial areas before. Over the past two decades, he had reconstructed dozens of famous faces, including Philip II of Macedonia, the father of Alexander the Great, and King Midas of Phrygia. If anyone could create an accurate portrait of Jesus, it would be Neave.
Reconstructing Jesus
Matthew's description of the events in Gethsemane offers an obvious clue to the face of Jesus. It is clear that his features were typical of Galilean Semites of his era. And so the first step for Neave and his research team was to acquire skulls from near Jerusalem, the region where Jesus lived and preached. Semite skulls of this type had previously been found by Israeli archeology experts, who shared them with Neave.
With three well-preserved specimens from the time of Jesus in hand, Neave used computerized tomography to create X-ray "slices" of the skulls, thus revealing minute details about each one's structure. Special computer programs then evaluated reams of information about known measurements of the thickness of soft tissue at key areas on human faces. This made it possible to re-create the muscles and skin overlying a representative Semite skull.

tumblr_inline_ndnhg3DnUU1qzloze.jpg

KG said this fellow is ugly and neanderthal-like.

A human being might think the neanderthal was an ugly beast;

neanderthal_1804257b.jpg

The images of Christ I saw in Sunday school books rarely looked much different than this;

Capture70-650x330.jpg

On your Christian friends walls are the pictures much different?

come-sunday-school-postcard.jpg
My Christian friends don't have pictures of Christ on their walls. You sound resentful of the fact that Christ is depicted as a normally attractive man. Do you think the average Jew is ugly and coarse? Because that's the vibe you give.

What does that prove? Why are you so hell bent on Jesus being white...if he weren't, does that mean he cant be your savior.

Oh yeah...those drawings are dated a few hundred years after the Cruxifiction of Christ.
Yes, that would be the time frame that Christianity was spreading in Europe..........according to you the church was promoting Aryan Christ to gain converts at that time.

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, that would be the time frame that Christianity was spreading in Europe..........according to you the church was promoting Aryan Christ to gain converts at that time.

Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about.
According to me? Where did I say that. I simply stated that thepics you posted were created centuries -CENTURIES- after the Resurrection.

Why is a Jesus of a darker hue such a threat to you faith?

Everybody in the Bibile is white. Just look at all of the movies and depictions.
Again....Christians don't turn to Hollywood to learn about God. Maybe that's why you're confused.
I am Christian...CHristians don't try to force a false narrative about Jesus being blue eyed. Only to white pseudo-Christians who are full of hate is it important to depict Jesus as white.
who did that? Oh yeah...nobody. the false narrative is the one that presumes an ugly, coarse Christ...the false narrative is that Christians think that artistic renditions of Christ from the renaissance on, which used modern models hired by the artist, are photographic images of Christ. Unlike you, we appreciate the stylized and figurative nature of art.

who did that? Oh yeah...nobody. the false narrative is the one that presumes an ugly, coarse Christ...the false narrative is that Christians think that artistic renditions of Christ from the renaissance on, which used modern models hired by the artist, are photographic images of Christ. Unlike you, we appreciate the stylized and figurative nature of art.
But if that 'stylized and figurative nature of art' is outside of the idea of Jesus being white...you become agitated and angry.

Who cares what Jesus looked like...oh...anti-Christians (that includes racist pseudos as well)

And listen to yourself...you basically just said, if Jesus is depicted ans anything other than your white interpretation...it is an insult.

And not all Jews were ugly, even then. Daniel was chosen to work in the palace because he was well bo rn, well educated, and attractive. Joseph was propositioned by his master's wife and almost lost his life for saying no. Christ descended from the house of David, and was the son of God. I'm fairly confident that whatever the color of his eyes, he did not resemble Quasimoto at 50..

But if that 'stylized and figurative nature of art' is outside of the idea of Jesus being white...you become agitated and angry.

Who cares what Jesus looked like...oh...anti-Christians (that includes racist pseudos as well)

And listen to yourself...you basically just said, if Jesus is depicted ans anything other than your white interpretation...it is an insult.
Didn't say anything like that.

And not all Jews were ugly, even then. Daniel was chosen to work in the palace because he was well bo rn, well educated, and attractive. Joseph was propositioned by his master's wife and almost lost his life for saying no. Christ descended from the house of David, and was the son of God. I'm fairly confident that whatever the color of his eyes, he did not resemble Quasimoto at 50..
If you truly love Jesus and his teachings...what he looked like is irrelevant in every way. Let the anti-Christians depict Him as they choose...if your faith is strong...WHO CARES?

If you truly love Jesus and his teachings...what he looked like is irrelevant in every way. Let the anti-Christians depict Him as they choose...if your faith is strong...WHO CARES?
I don't care what Christ looked like, aside from the fact that he was perfect. What I resent are anti Christian, anti Semite goobers floating pictures of an old, dirty, warty Christ who looms exactly like a Neanderthal or nazi anti new propaganda, then giggling that Christians are racist and stupid if they express doubt. What I resent is being told that since da Vinci, Michelangelo and Spielberg use good looking men to depict historical figures, then all Christians must believe that Christ looked exactly what they have conceived.

They want Christ depicted as an ugly creep. Sorry, that's even less likely than picturing him as a zac Efron lookalike.

I don't care what Christ looked like, aside from the fact that he was perfect. What I resent are anti Christian, anti Semite goobers floating pictures of an old, dirty, warty Christ who looms exactly like a Neanderthal or nazi anti new propaganda, then giggling that Christians are racist and stupid if they express doubt. What I resent is being told that since da Vinci, Michelangelo and Spielberg use good looking men to depict historical figures, then all Christians must believe that Christ looked exactly what they have conceived.

They want Christ depicted as an ugly creep. Sorry, that's even less likely than picturing him as a zac Efron lookalike.
Good, now I understand your point of view and I agree.

Jesus undoubtedly looked like a Jew of his time.

no doubt-----otherwise he would have been DESCRIBED-----that's usually how they did things-----unusual looking people were sorta described as such
The majority of Jews of his time did not look like Neanderthals or nazi anti new poster boys.

Probably not------they were not particularly tall-----in general -----there are some
descriptions------and some of the descriptions do include light colored hair----
"the color of sand" ----which I take to be blondish------those UP in the GALIL
area-------seems to be people a bit mixed with greek. Syrians got lots of blondish
people with blue eyes who look kinda greek

If there was a historical man that the stories and gospels were based on he probably looked something like this, a typical Jew from the first Century C.E.

forensic-jesus-bbc-son-of-god.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(8).jpg

I like how searcher asserts that not only was He ugly (and old) but also dirty and smelly.

Mod Edit: Quote box was somehow busted and attributed this response to Searcher44 instead of KosherGirl.
Fixed..

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was a historical man that the stories and gospels were based on he probably looked something like this, a typical Jew from the first Century C.E.

View attachment 57348

I like how searcher asserts that not only was He ugly (and old) but also dirty and smelly.

I doubt the heavy jaw------and the sloping forehead. Jews of long term
middle east just do not look like that-----the jaw is way off and they tend
to have high cheek bones and prominent foreheads-------what is with the
kinky hair?. They tend to have curly but not kinky hair.

View attachment 57348

I doubt the heavy jaw------and the sloping forehead. Jews of long term
middle east just do not look like that-----the jaw is way off and they tend
to have high cheek bones and prominent foreheads-------what is with the
kinky hair?. They tend to have curly but not kinky hair.
The whole point is to project an unappealing Christ.

Forum List

Back