What would Liberals eat?

My kids go to school with bologna sammiches on white bread, chips, pudding, and an apple.

Every day.

Occasionally I send yogurt, or pb&j.
then you're not too sharp in terms of nutrition, if that's the goal with those meals.

Change the white bread to whole grain and she would be doing well.

Protein, carb, dairy, fruit.

What exactly is wrong with it?

Exactly.

I worry a lot more about them catching freaking ecoli or some other heinous bug from raw veggies slapped around the non-industrial capacity school kitchens for an hour or so, than I do about them *catching* cancer from balony or processed salisbury steak patties that may have questionable meat in them, but definitely have been cooked at a heat sufficient to kill the nasty crap we are catching from the unwashed masses pouring over our borders.

The girl got an avocado in her lunch the other day.
On top of the bologna.

Psst...we put SALT on it, too. Horrors.

My kids go to school with bologna sammiches on white bread, chips, pudding, and an apple.

Every day.

then you're not too sharp in terms of nutrition, if that's the goal with those meals.

and even at that, I don't think two slices of white bread about 260 times a year is going to harm anyone given an otherwise sensible diet

Think again. I dropped 40 pounds, literally, by doing nothing more than cutting out bread. Nothing more.

Sir, if you had 40 lbs to lose you were not eating an otherwise sensible diet, or exercising.

I'm 43 years old and exercise VIGOROUSLY every day and eat what the hell ever I want in moderation. I eat bread EVERY day. I weight 10 lbs more today than I did when I graduated from boot camp in 1988.

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6
CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

Need a hand with that?

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

All four of my kids are healthy and fit..including the two grown ones. No cancer. I think you're probably more likely to contract cancer if you're a progressive nutbag, and it doesn't really matter what you eat. Somehow, I think you guys give it to yourselves with all your worrying about what other people are eating.

It's funny the older folks who are all like "in my day, we had bologna, salsberry steak, fries, chips, etc etc but we got exercise so we were all fine and dandy!"

While the #1 killer in America became heart disease in their now later years.

Correlation?

At least causes pause long enough to make me giggle.

Every day.

and even at that, I don't think two slices of white bread about 260 times a year is going to harm anyone given an otherwise sensible diet

Think again. I dropped 40 pounds, literally, by doing nothing more than cutting out bread. Nothing more.

Sir, if you had 40 lbs to lose you were not eating an otherwise sensible diet, or exercising.

I'm 43 years old and exercise VIGOROUSLY every day and eat what the hell ever I want in moderation. I eat bread EVERY day. I weight 10 lbs more today than I did when I graduated from boot camp in 1988.

It's all genetics.
I can't eat more than 1000 calories a day, or I gain steadily, and I doesn't matter how many miles a day I run.

But my people historically survive famine, lol.

Its about choice being denied

Bingo.

Why on earth should the feds be micromanaging school lunches?

Uhhh... "because they're buying" might be a good start...

:banghead:

No they're not. WE'RE paying for it. The Feds just take our money and give it to other people.

Addressed in 128. Once again, if my tax dollars are used for some public benefit I want it used judiciously, not just thrown to the wind.

Because that's freedumb!!! :happy-1:

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.

Sure thing...

Childhood Obesity Facts
  • Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and quadrupled in adolescents in the past 30 years.1, 2
  • The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period.1, 2
  • In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1
  • Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors.3 Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.4
  • Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.5,6
CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

Yeah. Paying teenage girls to have children out of wedlock is working out really well...

Huh, whaaa? How did you get that out of the above childhood obesity stats?

Easy Peasy. Parenting matters. Children raised by single moms are more likely to be obese...just one area in which such children are disadvantaged.

-- if so, that points to a lack of control/discretion in those problematic diets -- which is exactly what the OP is whining about. And you just noted the difference in exercise/activity between now and when we came up.

You're making an excellent case against where you started here. Please go on. :D

Only to people who cannot connect the dots.

The Federal Government enabled the increase in single mom's having obese kids in the first place. Calling on them to "save the day" is like expecting an arsonist to put out a fire he started.

Every day.

It's all genetics.
I can't eat more than 1000 calories a day, or I gain steadily, and I doesn't matter how many miles a day I run.

But my people historically survive famine, lol.
No it's not "all genetics," genetics just play a role.

Metabolisms don't mean much when a skinny guy who doesn't really gain weight eats mcdonalds everyday and has a heart attack at the age of 38. dying skinny as fuck, with people like you thinking he's fit and healthy.

Its about choice being denied

Bingo.

Why on earth should the feds be micromanaging school lunches?

Uhhh... "because they're buying" might be a good start...

:banghead:

No they're not. WE'RE paying for it. The Feds just take our money and give it to other people.

Addressed in 128. Once again, if my tax dollars are used for some public benefit I want it used judiciously, not just thrown to the wind.

Because that's freedumb!!! :happy-1:

^^^ Paste Eater ^^^

Every day.

White bread will kill ya!

It's funny the older folks who are all like "in my day, we had bologna, salsberry steak, fries, chips, etc etc but we got exercise so we were all fine and dandy!"

While the #1 killer in America became heart disease in their now later years.

Correlation?

At least causes pause long enough to make me giggle.

As it always has been. Yup, most people die when their heart gives out...and the older you get, the more likely you are to have heart disease.

PS..nobody in my family has died of heart disease, and they all ate bologna. 3 of my grandparents lived into their late nineties (my maternal gramma was two days from her 100th..and never spent a day in a nursing home). My maternal grandfather died in his 60s, but that was from liver failure, from a lifetime of binge drinking a couple of times a year, most often from a local still (of his own).

Every day.

No I sure wasn't. I was eating white bread. Which goes directly to your point -- one variable, removed, took with it 40 pounds. One.

As far as the rest of my diet it was and still is healthier than most, for example I haven't eaten beef or pork sinee the '70s. That didn't change; the bread was the culprit.

I alternate between storebought white bread, and homemade (white) bread for the kids. Sometimes biscuits.

If anything, politics aside, this thread gives a good idea how America's health issues got to where they are today: willful ignorance. With all of the information available at anyone's fingertips these days, the ignorance is most definitely willful.

Everyone should indulge and eat bad things once in a while. Life needs to be worth living.

But when you're confused into thinking these foods should be par for the course and are perfectly fine to consume regularly?

G'luck! I guess.

Bread is a great food, if you only eat a tiny bit of it. And like nothing else. Queen Elizabeth I was said to live on tiny amounts of meat, and tiny amounts of bread, and water. She didn't drink much wine, and although she gave sumptious feasts, her meals were always the same.

Too much is da debil.

How is it that some parents and children understand the importance of eating healthy without being controlled by a nanny government? That is what I find amazing. How some families figured it out and taught their children good habits from the start.

There are children and teens who care enough about their health that they reject junk food and only eat it occasionally.

Of course, for the children whose parents are clueless and gave them sweets and junk without making them eat their vegetables first, you're not going to change them by offering up a boring meal. They'll eat twice as much crap when they get home. That means that nanny government cannot stop at schools and must start dictating to people what they can put in their pantries.

My kids had to eat healthy as children because their mean mom didn't allow junk. They got the occasional treat, but always ate their balanced meals. As teens, they were in sports and refused to touch soda or junk because they paid for it during practice. That was just how they were, thanks to a strict mom when it came to diet.

So, Michelle plans to undo years of bad parenting by offering up slim pickings in the lunch room. Nice try, but when you only address the symptoms instead of the real problem, you won't get far.

Maybe we should be more proactive and apply Michelle's food standards to those using EBT cards. How about making it illegal to buy anything other than healthy food and necessities? That would help a huge percent of the children. That way, a large number of parents couldn't buy junk food for their children to eat at home and pack in school lunches.

Come on, cover all bases here or don't bother. I'm sure discussions are underway as to how to get into our homes and impose rules. What are you waiting for, liberals? Some of you are worried sick about a country of idiots sitting with a blank look on their face and drooling on themselves, unsure how to live their lives without experts leading the way.

Again, nobody in my family has ever fallen ill because of the food we eat, except those times when we have been unfortunate to get a nice dose of ecoli from this cafeteria or eatery, or that one.

Forum List

Back