What would MLK Say?

I met him too. I was 7 when he met with my dad who was a pastor of a church. I doubt you met King. I shook his hand, then went to play in my room. I know what I am saying is right. You are full of shit.
You're a liar from hell. I can smell the sulfur from here.

Bernice King says MLK's teachings not to be misquoted for comfort​

You can confront another racist all you want, but your devotion to the maintenencde and memory of a sytem of white supremacy shows that you are no better.

Biff Poindexter fucks with you guys every day. Biff is not white.
I did not know he was white. Come to think of it, how do I know if you're black?

1. The Confederacy mentioned slavery in only four of the eleven states constitutions after secession. It cannot be ignored that the then VP of the Confederacy was a devout racist, and said that the entire South seceded specifically for the reason to protect slavery. While the war started because of slavery, it was much deeper than that though I don't expect you to give me two cents worth of your time in order to listen. I could go on and on about the unfair tarrif laws, the bias against southern states, supremacy of Northern manufacturing, unfair treatment in the government, federal overreach, federal expansion, etc. But yes, slavery, slavery is what kick started it.

2. The reasons for the Confederate Soldiers fight were as varied as they could possibly be. I am an amateur historian when it comes to this sort of thing and I have read countless letters between Confederate soldiers to their families. In these letters, they speak of an immense pride to be fighting for their home state, to protect their families and to repel the Yankee invader.

2. A The top reason many soldiers fought for the South was their geographic location. In the 1860s, where you were born, was pretty much where you were going to stay. Your hometown was everything to you, and you knew everyone by name in your town. They were family, friends and neighbors, something that a human in 2021 could never fully understand.

2 B. The second top reason was Patriotism for ones own state. This has a lot in common with 2. A, but I included this reason separately to make the point better. If you did leave your home town, you most likely stayed in your own state. If you were a Virginian (such as myself) you would be in Culpeper, Fairfax, Loudon, Orange and Faquier counties your whole life Your state was everything, and back in the 1860s, even in the North, your state was more important than the country as a whole.

2 C. Youth. The average age of the soldiers that fought in the war was 25, and for the Confederacy, even younger. Countless wartime letters and memoirs recall the times of boys as young as 17, rushing out of school to join the ranks before the war was over. Everyone thought the war would be over in a month, and it was a mad rush to enlist in 1861 on both sides to get a piece of the action. Many thousands joined for this reason.

3. In all of the many, many letters and memoirs I have read, I noticed that very few mentioned the fact that they were fighting to protect the right to own slaves. Many express anger over Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation as a distraction from what the fight for them was really about, protection of states rights and a fight against expanding and invading federal government.

4. The songs that the Confederacy wrote for battle had nothing to do with slavery. When I asked if anyone had known of a song that mentioned slavery written during the Civil War on Civil War discussion board, nobody knew of any, even those who studied war time songs. If the South was so racist and fine with slavery, why didn't they mention it in their music? Some of the songs were violent in nature, so it wasn't like they were trying not to offend.

5. The Confederate soldier just holds a special place in my heart because of the bravery on the battlefield, honor towards leadership, and duty to their own state. I was born in the South and raised here too. I "get" them for the most part.

6. Slavery was an ugly blight on the story of America, one that should never be forgotten or made light of. But it is morally wrong to cast the sins of few on the shoulders of the many innocent. Both North and South were at fault, it was the South that got punished.

I did not know he was white. Come to think of it, how do I know if you're black?

1. The Confederacy mentioned slavery in only four of the eleven states constitutions after secession. It cannot be ignored that the then VP of the Confederacy was a devout racist, and said that the entire South seceded specifically for the reason to protect slavery. While the war started because of slavery, it was much deeper than that though I don't expect you to give me two cents worth of your time in order to listen. I could go on and on about the unfair tarrif laws, the bias against southern states, supremacy of Northern manufacturing, unfair treatment in the government, federal overreach, federal expansion, etc. But yes, slavery, slavery is what kick started it.

2. The reasons for the Confederate Soldiers fight were as varied as they could possibly be. I am an amateur historian when it comes to this sort of thing and I have read countless letters between Confederate soldiers to their families. In these letters, they speak of an immense pride to be fighting for their home state, to protect their families and to repel the Yankee invader.

2. A The top reason many soldiers fought for the South was their geographic location. In the 1860s, where you were born, was pretty much where you were going to stay. Your hometown was everything to you, and you knew everyone by name in your town. They were family, friends and neighbors, something that a human in 2021 could never fully understand.

2 B. The second top reason was Patriotism for ones own state. This has a lot in common with 2. A, but I included this reason separately to make the point better. If you did leave your home town, you most likely stayed in your own state. If you were a Virginian (such as myself) you would be in Culpeper, Fairfax, Loudon, Orange and Faquier counties your whole life Your state was everything, and back in the 1860s, even in the North, your state was more important than the country as a whole.

2 C. Youth. The average age of the soldiers that fought in the war was 25, and for the Confederacy, even younger. Countless wartime letters and memoirs recall the times of boys as young as 17, rushing out of school to join the ranks before the war was over. Everyone thought the war would be over in a month, and it was a mad rush to enlist in 1861 on both sides to get a piece of the action. Many thousands joined for this reason.

3. In all of the many, many letters and memoirs I have read, I noticed that very few mentioned the fact that they were fighting to protect the right to own slaves. Many express anger over Lincolns Emancipation Proclamation as a distraction from what the fight for them was really about, protection of states rights and a fight against expanding and invading federal government.

4. The songs that the Confederacy wrote for battle had nothing to do with slavery. When I asked if anyone had known of a song that mentioned slavery written during the Civil War on Civil War discussion board, nobody knew of any, even those who studied war time songs. If the South was so racist and fine with slavery, why didn't they mention it in their music? Some of the songs were violent in nature, so it wasn't like they were trying not to offend.

5. The Confederate soldier just holds a special place in my heart because of the bravery on the battlefield, honor towards leadership, and duty to their own state. I was born in the South and raised here too. I "get" them for the most part.

6. Slavery was an ugly blight on the story of America, one that should never be forgotten or made light of. But it is morally wrong to cast the sins of few on the shoulders of the many innocent. Both North and South were at fault, it was the South that got punished.
Please stop trying to justify the existence of the confederacy. I said Biff was NOT white and I guarantee I am a 60 year old black man.

And I know there was slavery in the north.

Last edited:
Actually it was for your attack on Obama. It was classic. Use the words of another black person who was dissatisfied with Obama to make an anti Obama comment. So many people don't care what I say that I see hundreds of alerts daily. I don't do woe is me junior. I post reality of what whites have done and facts debunking the racist bullshit thats prevalent in this forum and not one of you white racists can fuck with me.
the topic of the thread was....what has obama done for black people......maxine waters said not much so i put her quote up there.....take it up with her dipshit....and you post nothing but racial bullshit because your an asshole of epic proportions just as bad as brokeloser..........the only difference between you two is when they pull your pillow case off your head your black....

I'm not justifying the existence of the Confederacy, I am justifying my respect for the common soldier.
The confederacy is not to be respected. Do you respect the braveness and spirit of the young nazi soldier who believed he was fighting for his country? And these are the same things. Botj sides be;ieved they were supreme and both sides scapegoated a group of human beings and oppressed them.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
The confederacy is not to be respected. Do you respect the braveness and spirit of the young nazi soldier who believed he was fighting for his country? And these are the same things. Botj sides be;ieved they were supreme and both sides scapegoated a group of human beings and oppressed them.

I am a respecter of soldiers past and present, good or bad. I grew up in a family that had served in every war since my family existed, since the medieval times, through the revolutionary war, the Civil War, WWI and WWII, Vietnam and so one. I appreciate fighting men. I am a respecter of the millions of young Germans who were drafted unwillingly after 1943, but fought bravely despite the horrible situation they were in. Forget the SS though, fuck those guys.

But now you'll call me a nazi, which is to be expected. Whatever.

Does that argument fly for Nazi soldiers?

It depends on your definition of the word, "Nazi"

The nazis were a political party, not a people. Shitler only received 30% of the vote in 1933, and the ideology was forced onto the people. The Germans that tried to speak out, sabotage and fight against nazi rule were executed by the nazi strong arms, aka the SS. The SS was totally devout to the ideology, and that's why when Americans captured SS soldiers, they just shot them without mercy. There was no helping them.

The German armed forces had mixed feelings about shitler. The Luftwaffe couldn't stand the nazi party, as they would be totally used and abused by the party and treated poorly. Franz Stigler, and several other German aces would meet in private to try and have conversations without the party officials listening in. Stigler went on to save the lives of an American bomber crew, I highly suggest reading the book "A Higher Call" by Adam Makos.

Gunter Koschorrek, a Wehrmacht soldier, was young when he joined early in the war. His unit was fresh from the homefront full of the propaganda that was given them at their training camp. Gunter said that as soon as the bullets started flying, the entirety off his unit immediately forgot about nazism and focused on survival. As the war dragged on, they began blaming shitler for their situation and turned their backs on him and his ideology. They even rebelled against SS and police units whenn it came time to ration food out, and after the war Gunter was a staunch anti-nazi.

There were many others in the Panzers, the ground troops, the navy, the airforce, completely against what was going on in Germany. There were those who refused to shoot un-armed prisoners, and they themselves were shot. I respect those men for the soldiers they were and nothing else. The American soldiers at the time held the same views about them that I do. "They're weird, but they can fight".

In no way, shape or form do I support the nazis, nazism, hitler, the third reich, etc.

I am a respecter of soldiers past and present, good or bad. I grew up in a family that had served in every war since my family existed, since the medieval times, through the revolutionary war, the Civil War, WWI and WWII, Vietnam and so one. I appreciate fighting men. I am a respecter of the millions of young Germans who were drafted unwillingly after 1943, but fought bravely despite the horrible situation they were in. Forget the SS though, fuck those guys.

But now you'll call me a nazi, which is to be expected. Whatever.
You are the typical product of a white supremacist system. You are self centered and cannot understand how I can equate a group of people who wanted to form a government based on the enslavement of people like me with Nazis. The confederacy is not to be respected. You don't respect BLM and they are legitimstely fighting for justice. You oppose an academic idea, Critical Race Theory on the basis it oppresses whites, but you respect soldiers who fought to create a nation that would enslave people and that's noble.

You're screwed up.

It depends on your definition of the word, "Nazi"

The nazis were a political party, not a people. Shitler only received 30% of the vote in 1933, and the ideology was forced onto the people. The Germans that tried to speak out, sabotage and fight against nazi rule were executed by the nazi strong arms, aka the SS. The SS was totally devout to the ideology, and that's why when Americans captured SS soldiers, they just shot them without mercy. There was no helping them.

The German armed forces had mixed feelings about shitler. The Luftwaffe couldn't stand the nazi party, as they would be totally used and abused by the party and treated poorly. Franz Stigler, and several other German aces would meet in private to try and have conversations without the party officials listening in. Stigler went on to save the lives of an American bomber crew, I highly suggest reading the book "A Higher Call" by Adam Makos.

Gunter Koschorrek, a Wehrmacht soldier, was young when he joined early in the war. His unit was fresh from the homefront full of the propaganda that was given them at their training camp. Gunter said that as soon as the bullets started flying, the entirety off his unit immediately forgot about nazism and focused on survival. As the war dragged on, they began blaming shitler for their situation and turned their backs on him and his ideology. They even rebelled against SS and police units whenn it came time to ration food out, and after the war Gunter was a staunch anti-nazi.

There were many others in the Panzers, the ground troops, the navy, the airforce, completely against what was going on in Germany. There were those who refused to shoot un-armed prisoners, and they themselves were shot. I respect those men for the soldiers they were and nothing else. The American soldiers at the time held the same views about them that I do. "They're weird, but they can fight".

In no way, shape or form do I support the nazis, nazism, hitler, the third reich, etc.
But you support the confederacy because you support the memory of confederate soldiers and that is the same thing.

You are sure of what I am, a racist, but if you meet me face to face, we would get along well I assure you. Look beyond the name, and the imagery. Look into actions and morals and convictions.
The trouble is you do name yourself after one who fought to support a government that proudly boasted it was based on the inferiority of the Black man.

You can see how confusion could occur...

Do you respect the braveness and spirit of the young nazi soldier who believed he was fighting for his country?
I tend to do so. The young German soldier anyway. Our troops certainly respected them as soldiers. But then our country wasn't invaded/occupied by SS divisions. A few executions of our civilians pour encourager les autres might have changed matters. Not that the SS were the only troops to carry out reprisals, ect.. I wouldn't respect a descendent today who identified as a Nazi soldier. That would mean he identified as a member of the Master Race.

Last edited:
Ah no. You did it to yourself. You identified as belonging to the slave holding class.

edit...Because, you know, you could have called yourself American Soldier.

Do you think out of the tens of thousands of Southern men, they all owned slaves? Give me a break. The rich planter class started the war, the poor man fought in it. Ever hear of a rich mans war, a poor mans fight?

I do not identify with the rich elites, I identify with young men like Daniel Knight, Company H 19th Virginia Infantry. He came from a middle class family, opposed slavery, and joined in 1862 when his elder brothers went of to fight. He participated in many battles, was wounded once in the foot and sent home on furlough. He rejoined his company in time for Gettysburg, where he died in Picketts Charge.

I identify with men like L.D. Young, a lieutenant that fought in the 4th Kentucky Infantry. He came from a very poor family, and served from the ranks on up. He fought in every major battle in the Western Theater without complaint, only praying to God that he would return home so he could start a family.

I identify with Sam. R. Watkins, a private from the 1st Tennessee Infantry, another anti-slavery confederate that fought bravely throughout the entire war from Shiloh to Perryville, to the Seven Days Battles through Chattanooga to Lookout Mountain. His bravery alongside his friends was parallel to none.

You fellas are all about revenge, not equality. What the fuck are your end goals? I am willing to try and be a better person, better than I am, but if it is to become a self righteous apologist, than that's not me. I am not a racist, never have, never will be. You accuse and you accuse, but you are not willing to look past a name to see the human on the other side. We are flawed, you and I. No man is perfect for we all fall short of the grace of God. No matter how hard we try, nothing will be to perfection, or each others standards for that matter.

Just out of curiosity, list out what you would like me personally to do, as a white southern male, to do to make things better. All I ask is that I keep my name.

Forum List

Back