"Whataboutism" - the new cowardly sprint from being held to a standard

You see the left calling any attempt to establish a standard as a "whataboutism".

Well, yes. "What about.." matters.

If your candidate and you denounce X openly, and you accuse the candidate you oppose of X while it's proven your own candidate has also done X...

You'd say me bringing up you and your candidate's hypocrisy is a "whataboutism"... which is just a defense mechanism to deflect and avoid your lack fo standards.

That's all is. If you're running around saying "Whataboutism".. you're an intellectual and philosophical coward..

Toughen up and set consistent, uniform standards for all people.
Lol, this is just sad.

The defense is so weak you feel the need to defend it.

Conservatives are the masters of the red herring fallacy, engaging in failed attempts to deflect when they can't defend the indefensible.
149785435_4399377603410742_353835053013553636_n.jpg

What we are dealing with.

You see the left calling any attempt to establish a standard as a "whataboutism".

If your candidate and you denounce X openly, and you accuse the candidate you oppose of X while it's proven your own candidate has also done X...

You'd say me bringing up you and your candidate's hypocrisy is a "whataboutism"... which is just a defense mechanism to deflect and avoid your lack fo standards.

That's all is. If you're running around saying "Whataboutism".. you're an intellectual and philosophical coward..

Derp...
The standards already exist. False equivalencies in no way alter or mitigate those standards. Deflection and projection do nothing to address the matter at hand. But that’s really the point.

Agreed, somewhat.

"whattabout" doesn't exonerate a given party, but when we're talking about a co-equal branch of government prosecuting another for supposed actions and their own members have been guilty of far worse, it definitely calls into question the legitimacy of any legal proceeding that does not, by default, demand similar charges for similar actions.

If we're so bent about rhetoric that may have contributed to violence that tree needs to bend both ways, no question, no doubt.

Without that basic standard of equality under the law, the "whattabout" defense certainly undercuts a given parties' credibility as they seek to forward charges against literally anyone while refusing to even consider the similar actions of their own and/or their members as similarly chargeable, as then we are saying these actions either aren't chargeable or are relatively unimportant and then why are we bothering.....

Whataboutisms are bullshit. They're mostly for people who have no reply to an inquiry. Whataboutisms are stupid because they're usually good examples of why two wrongs don't make a right. A was having sex with underage kids - yeah but B went on the Lolita express 29 times. Neither one makes the other less disgusting.

I personally wish that on Jan 6th, those people didn't do what they did...Because it gave you leftists an out,
So you found the attack on the Capitol EMBARRASSING?

THAT is your problem with it?

Lol, this is just sad.

It's not a matter of defending what went on Jan 6th...It's about people like you on the left excusing, and continuing to excuse what went on out west this past summer, and what is still ongoing...Then fabricating motives, and intentions on a man that no longer is in office because he so upset you that you just can't let him go....

It's about how you want to punish not only him, but anyone that supported him, or voted for him, and that means 74 million people you want to impose retribution, in revenge on....That is so anti American as to be detestable....

Look, I didn't, and don't agree that Joe Biden actually won the election of 2020 in a fair and open process that I can have confidence in going forward, but, he is certified, and whether I like it or not, he IS the President of the United States...In that capacity, as I did with Obama, I pray every day that he is safe, and is successful in the respect that he doesn't do enough damage as to destroy our country...Not many of you people can say the same considering how you spoke, and still speak of what you want for Trump....

I think we can both agree that what makes our country great is our capacity to allow differing opinions to be spoken in the open. That we don't go after former leaders to imprison them, or worse. That we maintain checks and balances that allow for those differing ideas to go forward, through consensus...These are things that as of now progressives want to do away with in our country, and when that happens, you bring Trump's predictions to truth, because it won't be America anymore...

So, one problem Democrats have had for the past thirty years or more is that when they achieve power, they invariably overplay their hands, and I emplore you people NOT to do that this time, because it may not be reconcilible if you do...And that would be a shame...

I personally wish that on Jan 6th, those people didn't do what they did...Because it gave you leftists an out,
So you found the attack on the Capitol EMBARRASSING?

THAT is your problem with it?

Yes, I did...I thought it was horrible that these people lowered themselves to what progressives consider acceptable...And it gave progressives an excuse to turn away from their ongoing destruction out west...

Deflection isn't any standard.

Guess what. I've been on here for 4 years. Every single time something happened that Trump did that was unprecedented behavior, people on here in defense of him simply laughed it off. Most of the time saying things like it's not illegal, or it's just Trump being Trump, or calling me just names. So forgive me when I'm a bit skeptical when precedent is the excuse now for making what are in general false equivalencies.

You will not find a candidate X,Y or Z on the Democratic side that has conducted himself the way Trump has. Not legally or morally.
With all due respect, Fork...there has never been a political couple in the history of this nation that has conducted themselves in a sleazier manner than the Clintons...actions that literally stretched over decades. Your claim is laughable!
Oh? I gave concrete examples of behaviors. Feel free to do the same. By the way. How does what you claim the Clintons did change what I observed by the people on this board the last 4 years?

Last edited:

Exactly.

Like when Trump's cult were called to account after they stormed the Capitol, the response was "What about the summer riots?"

That sort of thing.

Toro, it is not illegitimate to bring up "the summer of love" because that is a situation where the double standard applies is that during last summer, there was ongoing rioting, and destruction throughout the summer, including an actual insurrection where leftists took over part of a city, including a police station....

I personally wish that on Jan 6th, those people didn't do what they did...Because it gave you leftists an out, to the damage you've done on the west coast, and continue to do...

The comparrisons are relevant....
That is a false equivalency. "Leftist" didn't take over police stations or a city. The people who did so identified with BLM. They did so in response to police brutality. No Democratic lawmaker told them to do it and them doing it wasn't to further the interests of Democrats. What happened on the 6th was done because the president of the United States told people directly to try to stop the certification of the election results.

Last edited:

Exactly.

Like when Trump's cult were called to account after they stormed the Capitol, the response was "What about the summer riots?"

That sort of thing.

Toro, it is not illegitimate to bring up "the summer of love" because that is a situation where the double standard applies is that during last summer, there was ongoing rioting, and destruction throughout the summer, including an actual insurrection where leftists took over part of a city, including a police station....

I personally wish that on Jan 6th, those people didn't do what they did...Because it gave you leftists an out, to the damage you've done on the west coast, and continue to do...

That is a false equivalency. "Leftist" didn't take over police stations or a city. The people who did so identified with BLM.

Do you not see the contradiction in your thought here...."Leftists didn't take over...But, the people who did do that Identified with a leftist supported group"....Really?

They did so in response to police brutality. No Democratic lawmaker told them to do it and them doing it wasn't to further the interests of Democrats. What happened on the 6th was done because the president of the United States told people directly to try to stop the certification of the election results.

Um, no, and nothing offered by House managers this past week proved that true either....All they did was offer emotional arguments strung together with highly edited snipets of footage produced by Hollywood, that would have never passed the standards of proof in a court of law...Then they closed with the usual liberal threat of 'do what we want or we will label you in the future'....

Now, I have already said multiple times that what those protestors did on Jan 6th was wrong on every level, something you as a leftist have not to date done, nor will you ever do in the face of groups you support doing far worse for longer periods of time....

Exactly.

That sort of thing.

That is a false equivalency. "Leftist" didn't take over police stations or a city. The people who did so identified with BLM. They did so in response to police brutality. No Democratic lawmaker told them to do it and them doing it wasn't to further the interests of Democrats. What happened on the 6th was done because the president of the United States told people directly to try to stop the certification of the election results.

Burn loot murder is a self proclaimed marxist group so you are wrong from the start.

Lol, this is just sad.

It's not a matter of defending what went on Jan 6th...It's about people like you on the left excusing, and continuing to excuse what went on out west this past summer, and what is still ongoing...Then fabricating motives, and intentions on a man that no longer is in office because he so upset you that you just can't let him go....

It's about how you want to punish not only him, but anyone that supported him, or voted for him, and that means 74 million people you want to impose retribution, in revenge on....That is so anti American as to be detestable....

Look, I didn't, and don't agree that Joe Biden actually won the election of 2020 in a fair and open process that I can have confidence in going forward, but, he is certified, and whether I like it or not, he IS the President of the United States...In that capacity, as I did with Obama, I pray every day that he is safe, and is successful in the respect that he doesn't do enough damage as to destroy our country...Not many of you people can say the same considering how you spoke, and still speak of what you want for Trump....

I think we can both agree that what makes our country great is our capacity to allow differing opinions to be spoken in the open. That we don't go after former leaders to imprison them, or worse. That we maintain checks and balances that allow for those differing ideas to go forward, through consensus...These are things that as of now progressives want to do away with in our country, and when that happens, you bring Trump's predictions to truth, because it won't be America anymore...

So, one problem Democrats have had for the past thirty years or more is that when they achieve power, they invariably overplay their hands, and I emplore you people NOT to do that this time, because it may not be reconcilible if you do...And that would be a shame...
He incited an insurrection. In our capitol. The first time in our history there has ever been a threat to the peaceful transfer of power.

That is inexcusable. And while far from being the only inexcusable thing he has done over the last four years it is far and away the worst. In my opinion he should be hanged and fed to the dogs for that alone.

Lol, this is just sad.

He incited an insurrection. In our capitol.

Wrong....And will be aquitted post haste....

The first time in our history there has ever been a threat to the peaceful transfer of power.

You mean the leftist mob that was threatening 'America will burn should Trump be re elected'???

That is inexcusable. And while far from being the only inexcusable thing he has done over the last four years it is far and away the worst. In my opinion he should be hanged and fed to the dogs for that alone.

Spoken like a faithful Communist partisan from the WWII era....Disgusting sentiment in today's day and age though....Put's you on the list to be dismissed without consideration.

Lol, this is just sad.

He incited an insurrection. In our capitol. The first time in our history there has ever been a threat to the peaceful transfer of power.

No, he didn’t. The only people engaged in sedition are YOUR fucking Chinese stooges. Including you.

Whataboutisms are bullshit. They're mostly for people who have no reply to an inquiry. Whataboutisms are stupid because they're usually good examples of why two wrongs don't make a right. A was having sex with underage kids - yeah but B went on the Lolita express 29 times. Neither one makes the other less disgusting.
You don't seem to grasp the issue! What would be disgusting is if A charged B with sex crimes! That's what's going on right now with this sham impeachment. Democrats are charging Trump with "incitement" when by same standard THEY are just as guilty if not more than Trump!

Lol, this is just sad.

What was REALLY a greater threat to the peaceful transfer of power...a protest that lasted a few hours or a coordinated effort by a group of people to undermine the Presidency of an incoming administration with a smear campaign about Russian "collusion" that was paid for by the DNC and the losing campaign. A campaign that misled our FISA Court repeatedly! A campaign that utilized high ranking members of the FBI, the CIA and the NSA? A smear campaign that lasted for YEARS!

Lol, this is just sad.

What was REALLY a greater threat to the peaceful transfer of power...a protest that lasted a few hours or a coordinated effort by a group of people to undermine the Presidency of an incoming administration with a smear campaign about Russian "collusion" that was paid for by the DNC and the losing campaign. A campaign that misled our FISA Court repeatedly! A campaign that utilized high ranking members of the FBI, the CIA and the NSA? A smear campaign that lasted for YEARS!
Ok, now you're off into wacky conspiracy theories.

Have a nice day.

Forum List

Back