Whatever Happened to Our Moral Standards to Speak Truth?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This election has been a whirlwind of lies.

A friend told me that one news story was a lie. I admit, I believed the story because it was carried by a Christian website that advances the gospel.

Claim: Black Trump supporter shot and killed by Chicago protesters – HYPELINE

But the story is entirely made up.

FALSE: Black Trump Supporter Shot and Killed by Chicago Protesters

I had gone to the site, after quick look over it seemed a legit news site enough anyway, and yet it had passed on an entirely made up bullshit story.

News

Man, we have sunken very low when even these evangelical type organizations just pass on bullshit.

When we as a culture accept lying in behalf of a 'greater Truth', we make our truth to be a lie in doing so.

Truthful goals and concepts do not grow from lies, and so we flood our nation with self destructive themes and hatred.

This needs to stop.

i know that libtards will slam on me for buying into that sites veracity, but we all know that they fall for lies each and every day, so I dont feel ashamed for the occasional error., not at all.

Our society's morals have been eroding for a few decades now.

A friend told me that one news story was a lie. I admit, I believed the story because it was carried by a Christian website that advances the gospel.

I had gone to the site, after quick look over it seemed a legit news site enough anyway, and yet it had passed on an entirely made up bullshit story.

News

Man, we have sunken very low when even these evangelical type organizations just pass on bullshit.

When we as a culture accept lying in behalf of a 'greater Truth', we make our truth to be a lie in doing so.

Truthful goals and concepts do not grow from lies, and so we flood our nation with self destructive themes and hatred.

This needs to stop.

Seems the more passion involved, the more fabrication. We get made-up ISIS/Islam stories every day, and now with the erection campaign we have history revisionist doublethinkers being presented with direct contradictions to what they just posted, shrugging it off and repeating the same lies.

I've always said, this place needs a resident psychiatrist to figure this shit out. It baffles me how somebody can be proved wrong, and then turn around and go on as if that didn't happen.

Seems the more passion involved, the more fabrication. We get made-up ISIS/Islam stories every day, and now with the erection campaign we have history revisionist doublethinkers being presented with direct contradictions to what they just posted, shrugging it off and repeating the same lies.

I've always said, this place needs a resident psychiatrist to figure this shit out. It baffles me how somebody can be proved wrong, and then turn around and go on as if that didn't happen.
Well I hope and pray that I have never done that.

Lying is a mortal sin and I despise it. And there is no such thing as doing it for a 'good cause'.

Yes when the government takes God out of itself, nothing but trouble can become of it.

Where do you live? Saudi Arabia?
South Carolina.

Ah yes. Same thing only closer and with less oil.

There's a reason we have a wall between the states yanno. We've been trying to get Georgia to go in with us on a project that would saw off SC and let it float out to the Bermuda Triangle. And we'll make Rump pay for it.

When were journalists ever honest? When did they adhere strictly to the facts without giving it some kind of spin to tell a political narrative or a heart-wrenching story? When didn't they interject their own biases into their reporting, blurring the lines between facts and op-ed?

News

This needs to stop.

i know that libtards will slam on me for buying into that sites veracity, but we all know that they fall for lies each and every day, so I dont feel ashamed for the occasional error., not at all.
I don't think this campaign season is much than a natural progression of the dishonest vector our politics has been following for a long time.

Politicians, politicos and partisans lie regularly. They appear to think it's okay, as in "the end justifies the means".

They also don't mind when they're lied to by partisan ideologues on their "side". Same reason.

I have no idea how this gets fixed, so I guess I'll just keep observing the decay.

Yes when the government takes God out of itself, nothing but trouble can become of it.

Where do you live? Saudi Arabia?
South Carolina.

Ah yes. Same thing only closer and with less oil.

There's a reason we have a wall between the states yanno. We've been trying to get Georgia to go in with us on a project that would saw off SC and let it float out to the Bermuda Triangle. And we'll make Rump pay for it.
Beautiful places, smiling faces our motto. Great place to live and raise a family. We have mountains, beaches, and plenty of lakes. Best of all worlds.

There's a reason we have a wall between the states yanno.
Yeah and it is prevent the President from becoming the head of a state religion like they have in England.

IT was never meant to keep kids from praying in school.

There's a reason we have a wall between the states yanno.
Yeah and it is prevent the President from becoming the head of a state religion like they have in England.

IT was never meant to keep kids from praying in school.

It doesn't keep kids from praying. It keeps the school from leading the prayers. Little Johnny can still ask his imaginary sky daddy for all kinds of stuff while he's at school.

News

This needs to stop.

I don't think this campaign season is much than a natural progression of the dishonest vector our politics has been following for a long time.

Politicians, politicos and partisans lie regularly. They appear to think it's okay, as in "the end justifies the means".

They also don't mind when they're lied to by partisan ideologues on their "side". Same reason.

I have no idea how this gets fixed, so I guess I'll just keep observing the decay.

I remember a time when politicians caught in lies was a scandal. I guess that was because everyone knew their history and civics and realized that the natural proclivity of a politician is to lie instead of doing the honest hard work.

But we the voting public have started giving them a pass on this crap. These Super PACs have no moral bounds to them and can say whatever they want without accountability. Maybe Trump is right and we need to place some limitations on them of some kind.

I dont know; it used to be that public disdain was enough.

News

This needs to stop.

I've had similar thoughts.

What is puzzling is that there is no need to lie. The truth is more than ample to destroy the left. Lying only brings others down to their level.

Perhaps they are merely left wingers posing as right wingers. I don't know.

News

This needs to stop.

I remember a time when politicians caught in lies was a scandal. I guess that was because everyone knew their history and civics and realized that the natural proclivity of a politician is to lie instead of doing the honest hard work.

But we the voting public have started giving them a pass on this crap. These Super PACs have no moral bounds to them and can say whatever they want without accountability. Maybe Trump is right and we need to place some limitations on them of some kind.

I dont know; it used to be that public disdain was enough.
I've always felt that virtually all of our major problems are rooted in a culture in decay.

Lowered standards & expectations across the board, including our politics.

It doesn't keep kids from praying. It keeps the school from leading the prayers.

No, it has been used by school adminstrator to silence kids praying and also for banning prayer clubs, etc. You know this and are simply lying about it.

Little Johnny can still ask his imaginary sky daddy for all kinds of stuff while he's at school.

You really are a complete cretin. God is real and not reduced to your inability to grasp what He is, jack ass.

If the principal is telling kids they can't pray, the principal is in the wrong and the school board attorney will have a word with him as the school board writes a check.

Forum List

Back