What’s Pelosi Going to Do Now?

The SOTU isn't an address to the government. It's an address to the American people.
Since Pelosi wants to screw America she wants to keep us in the dark as much as possible.

The SOTU is NOT an address to the American people, it's an address delivered to Congress. It's a road map of where the government is and what the administration hopes to accomplish in the coming year. This is the President's annual Report to CONGRESS. The SOTU address is mandated in the Constitution and was original delivered as a letter to Congress, not an actual speech.

The SOTU existed before radio or TV and so there is no requirement so that shoots down the idea that the SOTU is a speech to the American people.
Ms. Foreigner, Congress is our Representation. The SOTU is given to the citizens of the United States.

I was required to study American government in school. You should have taken a class or two before commenting on stuff you know nothing about. Over 40,000 posts in under 5 years. That makes you look like a professional poster. Even as a retired "foreigner", I don't have that kind of time. I have 1/3 of that number, and I spend way too much time here.
aren't you canadian?

Did you read my profile???? If you did you'd know the answer to that question.

Yes. Canadian children study governments in other countries. At least we did when I was in school. We studied about the government in the US and in GB and how our governments differ, and why. Imagine that! Children who are taught about other nations, differing forms of governments and how they function.

So that is why all of your citizens cross the southern border to come here! You actually teach them about your government and ours, so they can compare the two. No wonder we don't have to put a wall on the northern border too!

The SOTU isn't an address to the government. It's an address to the American people.
Since Pelosi wants to screw America she wants to keep us in the dark as much as possible.

The SOTU is NOT an address to the American people, it's an address delivered to Congress. It's a road map of where the government is and what the administration hopes to accomplish in the coming year. This is the President's annual Report to CONGRESS. The SOTU address is mandated in the Constitution and was original delivered as a letter to Congress, not an actual speech.

The SOTU existed before radio or TV and so there is no requirement so that shoots down the idea that the SOTU is a speech to the American people.
Ms. Foreigner, Congress is our Representation. The SOTU is given to the citizens of the United States.

Historically speaking that is simply not true.
Congress is not the representation of US citizens?

Originally the SOTU was a letter written to Congress. Pelosi invited Trump to provide them with a written SOTU, but he cannot give a speech to Congress. She will not allow the petulant child to come to her House, and give him a platform to defend this shutdown.

One never ever gives in to a child having a temper tantrum. Trump pitched a fit and walked out of the negotiations, and he hasn't spoke to Nancy since. It appears that Trump recognizes that he's been totally outmanouevered. It's a smart man who knows he's made a fool of himself. Usually Trump isn't that self-aware.

Your news coverage must be missing something for you to believe all of that BS you just posted!

Making history by denying the President to give his SOTU is done. She can’t make herself look like a child on that for another year. And all she accomplished was to give Trump free advertising to give him a huge audience when he does give it.

She refuses to negotiate. Trump will simply continue to offer deals and act like the adult in the room to the American people. And Nancy will continue to stomp her feet saying no no no as we hear more negative news on how the shutdown is affecting government employees.

Trump has played Pelosi like a bongo. He’s got her in a corner with no way for her to come out of this without kissing Trump’s ass.

You have it backwards. Nancy just kicked Trump in the balls and he went down crying for his mama.

Pelosi has completed defeated Trump on this matter. Trump walked out of the negotiations. That means until HE comes back to the negotiations, he has NOTHING.

How can he negotiate is Pelosi refuses to even consider funding of a wall?

The only offers have come from his side.

Her only response is "my way or the highway"

You have spun this so much I am surprised you aren't vomiting.

What will Pelosi consider funding? What do the Democrats want? What will Pelosi give? We don't know because Dumb Donald didn't LISTEN to her.

Trump is the WORST negotiator I've ever seen. This isn't spin. I worked in big money real estate for 30 years. Donald Trump's world. I've sat in on the negotiations between these sides, and saying Trump is the worst I've ever seen isn't hyperbole. That's really not surprising considering that Trump negotiates from the "gut" and doesn't believe in preparation. A successful negotiation is all about the preparation - knowing what the other side wants being the primary piece of information you need.

Donald wants a wall. We all KNOW that. What is Pelosi prepared to offer instead? We don't know because Trump hasn't bothered to ask.

She doesn't need Trump to tell the American people what she wants.
Fact is she's refused to negotiate at all.

Gee if Nancy has refused to negotiate, why did she go to the meeting at the White House? Why did she pass legislation to re-open the government. Why has she said that she'd be willing to negotiate border security once the government is re-opened?

Trump shut down the government by refusing to sign the legislation he promised Mitch McConnell that he would sign before the Senate recessed for the Christmas break. And Trump did that because of criticism by Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh. Now he's refusing to re-open the government until he gets $5 billion for the wall. That's not a negotiation. That's a demand.

So don't try to pretend that Pelosi is the problem here. It's not Pelosi who has said one thing and done another. Backed out of deals around funding the wall, more than once. And generally behaved like a petulant child. So Pelosi is doing what any good grown up does when dealing with a petulant child. NEVER EVER GIVE IN TO A TANTRUM.

Do it once and you will have to deal with this shit every time the kid doesn't get his way.

Oh, please! Your post is so full of lie that even you could not keep them straight!

Trump has never received any bill to sign! If the Senate passed it at the end of the term, which they didn't, you should be able to provide a link. But you can't because it only exists in your deluded mind!

Catch a fucking clue!

Making history by denying the President to give his SOTU is done. She can’t make herself look like a child on that for another year. And all she accomplished was to give Trump free advertising to give him a huge audience when he does give it.

She refuses to negotiate. Trump will simply continue to offer deals and act like the adult in the room to the American people. And Nancy will continue to stomp her feet saying no no no as we hear more negative news on how the shutdown is affecting government employees.

Trump has played Pelosi like a bongo. He’s got her in a corner with no way for her to come out of this without kissing Trump’s ass.
I figure her nails. While watching Trump's polls continue to crater and waiting for him to accept one of the deals already floated by House leaders.

No wall money = no deal. Live with it!

Again, as usual, Weatherman shows his ignorance of what is going down today and tomorrow in Congress..

You know what is happening tomorrow? When did you become clairvoyant?
the vote on bills in the Senate to reopen the govt. Do you not get around anymore?

The Democrats will never go for it. Chuckie has them all lined up to stomp their feet and scream, "No!!!!!!!!!!!!" Do you think anything different will happen?

You are so stupid that you think the Dems are going to cave?

The Democrats aren't stomping their tiny feet and saying "No". They haven't said "No" to anything except the shutdown. And they didn't walk out of the meeting, Trump did.

Trump continues to paint himself into corners with his "my way or the highway" ultimatums, and his poll numbers decline every single day. The Art of the Deal isn't walking out of the first negotiating meeting and waiting until the other side caves in. The Art of the Deal is getting everything you want while giving up as little as possible. But you must always be prepared to give up something.

If Trump gives the DACA kids a path to citizenship, his base will turn on him. If Trump gives up his wall, his base will turn on him. If Trump refuses to give up anything, everyone else who voted for him will turn on him.

If an airplane crashes as a result of the issues raised in the letter from the pilots, controllers and flight attendants, or deaths occur from other issues raised by the former heads of Homeland Security (extreme winter storms for example), then Trump will lose everyone but his most ardent base, and all of the Russian posters here.

14,000 Americans have died of opioid abuse since Trump started focusing on the Souther Border, and the overwhelming evidence is that this is prescription opioid abuse, not drugs coming in from Mexico. Trump has totally ignored this very real crisis, while he his entire attention is focused on the Southern Border.

And even if he just stopped with all of this nonsense tomorrow, what about the 10,000 people the Trump administration has imprisoned in tent cities run by the for-profit prison companies who donated so generously to his "inauguration fund"?

I was required to study American government in school. You should have taken a class or two before commenting on stuff you know nothing about. Over 40,000 posts in under 5 years. That makes you look like a professional poster. Even as a retired "foreigner", I don't have that kind of time. I have 1/3 of that number, and I spend way too much time here.
aren't you canadian?

Yes. Canadian children study governments in other countries. At least we did when I was in school. We studied about the government in the US and in GB and how our governments differ, and why. Imagine that! Children who are taught about other nations, differing forms of governments and how they function.

So that is why all of your citizens cross the southern border to come here! You actually teach them about your government and ours, so they can compare the two. No wonder we don't have to put a wall on the northern border too!

There's 35 million of us who stay here, and what 70,000 who go to the US. Every year, your companies send recruiting teams to Canada to poach our best and our brightest to go work for you. Your hospitals and corporations come to our universities to hire our best and our brightest to go to the US, after our nation has invested the hundred thousand or so dollars to provide them with an education that ranks in the top 5 in the world. This has been happening since I was in high school. We used to call it the "brain drain".

Now it's the other way around. I have a lot of American friends, or friends who have one parent who is American. Our quality of life is much higher than yours, and ours middle class is growing, not shrinking. Our tax dollars are reinvested in infrastructure, education, health care, and research: things that both help our people and create jobs. People have more rights than corporations, and we have more unions, protecting middle class workers. We rank much higher than Americans on the personal freedoms index. Abortion is not illegal, but carrying a handgun is. Life is good.

Every time I cross the border, I'm shocked at how run down and shabby your country looks. Your highways are in the same shape as our country roads.

You really are in denial. Trump just caved to Pelosi and you come up with a thread like this. Trump quakes under his blonde locks every time Pelosi's name is mentioned. Pelosi has outsmarted Trump at every turn and Trump's knows it.

How do you come to that conclusion? While democrats are whining about the shutdown people paying attention have not forgot Pelosi had planned on being out of the country for the week until TRUMP forced her to stay.

Like Pelosi or not, she won that round.

Trump tried to bully her and she stood her ground and he caved.
He caved? How? She denied him in like a child.

The SOTU does not have to be given in front of congress, Trump could have given it anywhere at any time, but instead he gave into her request that it be delayed till the shutdown is over.

Right now Trump is the one is the corner, he lost his pissing match over the SOTU and every week more and more people blame him for the shutdown.
He can write it and send it out tomorrow if he wants. It doesn't have to be in front of a huge audience, but this is Trump.....

Again, as usual, Weatherman shows his ignorance of what is going down today and tomorrow in Congress..

You know what is happening tomorrow? When did you become clairvoyant?
the vote on bills in the Senate to reopen the govt. Do you not get around anymore?

The Democrats will never go for it. Chuckie has them all lined up to stomp their feet and scream, "No!!!!!!!!!!!!" Do you think anything different will happen?

You are so stupid that you think the Dems are going to cave?

The Democrats aren't stomping their tiny feet and saying "No". They haven't said "No" to anything except the shutdown. And they didn't walk out of the meeting, Trump did.

Trump continues to paint himself into corners with his "my way or the highway" ultimatums, and his poll numbers decline every single day. The Art of the Deal isn't walking out of the first negotiating meeting and waiting until the other side caves in. The Art of the Deal is getting everything you want while giving up as little as possible. But you must always be prepared to give up something.

If Trump gives the DACA kids a path to citizenship, his base will turn on him. If Trump gives up his wall, his base will turn on him. If Trump refuses to give up anything, everyone else who voted for him will turn on him.

If an airplane crashes as a result of the issues raised in the letter from the pilots, controllers and flight attendants, or deaths occur from other issues raised by the former heads of Homeland Security (extreme winter storms for example), then Trump will lose everyone but his most ardent base, and all of the Russian posters here.

14,000 Americans have died of opioid abuse since Trump started focusing on the Souther Border, and the overwhelming evidence is that this is prescription opioid abuse, not drugs coming in from Mexico. Trump has totally ignored this very real crisis, while he his entire attention is focused on the Southern Border.

And even if he just stopped with all of this nonsense tomorrow, what about the 10,000 people the Trump administration has imprisoned in tent cities run by the for-profit prison companies who donated so generously to his "inauguration fund"?

You took all of that time to post all of those lies. It must be terrible to live in Canada where that is your only hobby.

aren't you canadian?

There's 35 million of us who stay here, and what 70,000 who go to the US. Every year, your companies send recruiting teams to Canada to poach our best and our brightest to go work for you. Your hospitals and corporations come to our universities to hire our best and our brightest to go to the US, after our nation has invested the hundred thousand or so dollars to provide them with an education that ranks in the top 5 in the world. This has been happening since I was in high school. We used to call it the "brain drain".

Now it's the other way around. I have a lot of American friends, or friends who have one parent who is American. Our quality of life is much higher than yours, and ours middle class is growing, not shrinking. Our tax dollars are reinvested in infrastructure, education, health care, and research: things that both help our people and create jobs. People have more rights than corporations, and we have more unions, protecting middle class workers. We rank much higher than Americans on the personal freedoms index. Abortion is not illegal, but carrying a handgun is. Life is good.

Every time I cross the border, I'm shocked at how run down and shabby your country looks. Your highways are in the same shape as our country roads.

That has nothing to do with what I posted. Do you feel better now that you have gotten that rant off your chest?

The point is that unless you are a US citizen living in the US, you have no right to comment any more than I have to tell you and your fellow Canadians how screwed up in the head you are! It is sad that criticizing a foreign country is at the top of your "to do " list every day.

The SOTU does not have to be given in front of congress, Trump could have given it anywhere at any time, but instead he gave into her request that it be delayed till the shutdown is over.

Right now Trump is the one is the corner, he lost his pissing match over the SOTU and every week more and more people blame him for the shutdown.
He can write it and send it out tomorrow if he wants. It doesn't have to be in front of a huge audience, but this is Trump.....

Dems are afraid of what Trump will say that they can't defend.
It's really that simple.

Good spin. You run with that.
That's not spin it's fact.

Just in case you're unfamiliar with the term that means what actually happened.
where exactly did trump storm out of? was it the WH, he lives there. too fking funny.
This was just a week or so ago, did you forget already?

but that isn't what happened, it's what your MSM party said happened, and it was a lie. just saying.

LOL!!

you are deep in denial aren't you.

nope, I believe in facts. that isn't factual. next!

why should he address the congress when he has shut the government down? all he has to do is stop his little bitch fit and open the government and pay the workers
Yes, talking when there are differences is the LAST thing that should be done.

Dumbass.
The Democratic leaders tried talking. tRump stormed out like a spoiled teenager.

Do you give your kids the opportunity to rant unopposed in public?

Naw, that's spin. Trump didn't storm out. He walked out. He also didn't slam his fist per Schumer. You're liars.

It's really that simple.

We just had an election a couple of months ago after hearing what Trump said.

You lost. Bigly

It's really that simple.

You lost. Bigly

You mean barely.
Smallest midterm pick up in recent history.

Why is Pelousy so afraid of what Trump has to say?

It's really that simple.

You lost. Bigly
yep and trump won the senate. and what?

why should he address the congress when he has shut the government down? all he has to do is stop his little bitch fit and open the government and pay the workers
Yes, talking when there are differences is the LAST thing that should be done.

Dumbass.
The Democratic leaders tried talking. tRump stormed out like a spoiled teenager.

Do you give your kids the opportunity to rant unopposed in public?

Naw, that's spin. Trump didn't storm out. He walked out. He also didn't slam his fist per Schumer. You're liars.

Still juvenile, and a losing strategy, either way. How's it working out for him?

isn't that a condition of our union? Why wouldn't he need to talk about it? why do you need it squelched exactly? you aren't making any sense junior.

Forum List

Back