What's the end game for atheists?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
What if you convince everyone there is no God? What then.

Well, let's look at Russia and China as examples of what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

Most of the people in these countries are atheists.

Do we, Americans, want to be more like the Russians and the Chinese?

the religious are known for their amount of bloodshed too
is that really a good analogy?

Can anything Christians ever did compare to the horrors of the 20th century perpetuated by the atheistic Communist party?

I believe the toll is 94 million human beings murdered.

Can anything Christians ever did compare to the horrors of the 20th century perpetuated by the atheistic Communist party?

umm yeah lets go back 2k years

Sure lets.

You have the Inquisition and the Crusades, to say Christianity is bad.

I have 2000 years of loving acts Christians are responsible for: hospitals, orphanages, universities, high schools, elementary schools, adoption agencies, soup kitchens, etc. etc. etc.

Not to mention all the ordinary every day kindnesses Christians do out of love of God and neighbor.

Do atheists have anything good that compares to the good accomplished by Christians?

No.

Sure lets.

I have 2000 years of loving acts Christians are responsible for: hospitals, orphanages, universities, high schools, elementary schools, adoption agencies, soup kitchens, etc. etc. etc.

Not to mention all the ordinary every day kindnesses Christians do out of love of God and neighbor.

Do atheists have anything good that compares to the good accomplished by Christians?

No.
yea, all good stuff if you are also a christian.... kinda up the same boat as the statists you want to diminish

Well, let's look at Russia and China as examples of what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

It's funny how you expose how little you understand about atheists. The vast majority have no desire to proselytize, and have no interest in what others might choose to believe, unless you try to force your religion on everybody.

It's funny how you expose how little you understand about atheists. The vast majority have no desire to proselytize, and have no interest in what others might choose to believe, unless you try to force your religion on everybody.
The "vast majority" of atheists aren't who I'm talking about. Never said I was.

The "vast majority" of atheists aren't who I'm talking about. Never said I was.

Your Op covered more than just the vast majority. It covered all atheists. You don't understand that, dumb ass? If you want to discuss a subset. You've got to identify that subset. You must have been home schooled, right?

Your premise is flawed. Most people in Russia are Orthodox Christians (71% according to one account Christianity in Russia - Wikipedia). The commies tried to stamp out Christianity, but failed.

But to your point: the end game for an atheist (or as I prefer to call myself, a realist) is death. Isn't that the end game for everyone? Oh, wait -- a lot of you think that death is not the end, it's just a transition to another plane or some bullshit. NO, death is the end. You're born, you live, and then you die. That's it. It's not complicated. So get the most you can out of THIS life, because you don't get another one.

Your premise is flawed. Most people in Russia are Orthodox Christians (71% according to one account Christianity in Russia - Wikipedia). The commies tried to stamp out Christianity, but failed.

But to your point: the end game for an atheist (or as I prefer to call myself, a realist) is death. Isn't that the end game for everyone? Oh, wait -- a lot of you think that death is not the end, it's just a transition to another plane or some bullshit. NO, death is the end. You're born, you live, and then you die. That's it. It's not complicated. So get the most you can out of THIS life, because you don't get another one.
So nihilism and hedonism is your answer.

And you wonder why I don't trust atheists.

I can honestly say that if I didn't believe in God I'd probably be dead.

I wouldn't say that.

Russia is mostly Christian, Russian Orthodox, significant numbers of observant Jews, Ashkenazi, others.

China is home to Taoism, Buddhism, and other Eastern religions, a few Christians.

The mandatory abortion and birth control policies are horrible in China, and very atheist, sure, just like the Dems in the USA, but there are plenty of more conservative people in China who adhere to ancient religions.

They're not necessarily willing to enter into a religion discussion or argument with someone from another country. To cast pearls before swine and all that.

Sure lets.

No.
"Do atheists have anything good that compares to the good accomplished by Christians? No."
Asked and answered! Obviously, atheists never do anything kind to anyone else, because they believe that this is the only life any of us will ever get. Why bother to be kind? There can't be any retribution in a non-existant afterlife! Why be nice to people just because it makes life more pleasant? Who cares about that? And how can you have morals without an omnipotent God watching over you, ready to smite you the minute you step out of line? It's impossible to conceive of a morality that doesn't depend on a coercive God to enforce it. Right?

That's not what I said. You might be able to read hedonism into what I said (although you could read it another way), but where do you get nihilism? Death is a fact. I'm acknowledging that; I'm not reveling in it.

That's not what I said. You might be able to read hedonism into what I said (although you could read it another way), but where do you get nihilism? Death is a fact. I'm acknowledging that; I'm not reveling in it.
I believe that if I believe in Jesus Christ as my savior and try to imitate his life as much as possible, death will be a transition for me to a world where I will be happy for the rest of eternity.

What can you offer me better than that?

And don't tell me atheists offer the truth.

One of your fellow atheists claimed today that Jesus of Nazareth never really existed, he's just an imaginary character dreamed up by fishermen and a tax collector.

Do you really believe that could be true?

Think about this: If there is no God, there's no reason to die for God (or Allah). If you believe that THIS is the only life you'll ever get, wouldn't that life seem a lot more precious?

The fisherman Peter was many things, but he was not very smart. There is no way he could have led a conspiracy to invent a false Messiah and convince billions of people it was true.

Think about this: If there is no God, there's no reason to die for God (or Allah). If you believe that THIS is the only life you'll ever get, wouldn't that life seem a lot more precious?
You would think that, but the opposite is true.

Christians highly value human life, because each human life has enormous worth as a creation of God.

Atheists, on the other hand, are quick to embrace easy solutions that involve killing the inconvenient: euthanasia, assisted suicide, and abortion.

Forum List

Back