When a President Says He is "Not A Dictator..."

That's not the indication at all. It's that there is this stupid media narrative that the President can get anything done through sheer force of personality. It's a running media narrative across presidencies and it's completely moronic.

Somebody in the media thought Bush could get things done simply by force of his personality? What fucking planet do you live on?

Anyone that starts a sentence with "I am not a dictator" has serious problems, you just want to defend Obama because you are a racist who feels bad about your racism and he is black.

Bush once mused that things would be alot easier if he were a dictator..and joked he would like to be dictator.

Where were you folks when he said those things?

:confused:

That's not the indication at all. It's that there is this stupid media narrative that the President can get anything done through sheer force of personality. It's a running media narrative across presidencies and it's completely moronic.

Somebody in the media thought Bush could get things done simply by force of his personality? What fucking planet do you live on?

Anyone that starts a sentence with "I am not a dictator" has serious problems, you just want to defend Obama because you are a racist who feels bad about your racism and he is black.

Bush once mused that things would be alot easier if he were a dictator..and joked he would like to be dictator.

That different. As Quantum has made sure we all know, Obama is black so the rules aren't the same.

And for those that say there is no media bias whatsoever....

Where was the following question....

"You are saying that the GOP refuses to budge and it is up to them to agree to reforming the tax loopholes....and you are saying that the impass falls squarely on the shoulders of the GOP. But you also mentioned that there are many in the democratic caucus that wont budge on the entitlement reform side of it. So are you sayin gthat the Democratic party is equally to blame for the impasse; or do you still say it is all on the shoiulders of the GOP?"

Or....simply said this way...

"Based on what you said, It appears Boehner and McConnel refused to make a deal today. Was Reid and Pelosi willing to do so?"

Where is the bias in that question? They're taking a claim he made and asking him to explain it in light of other factors.

whatever.
You are as blind as the rest of them.

And for those that say there is no media bias whatsoever....

Where was the following question....

"You are saying that the GOP refuses to budge and it is up to them to agree to reforming the tax loopholes....and you are saying that the impass falls squarely on the shoulders of the GOP. But you also mentioned that there are many in the democratic caucus that wont budge on the entitlement reform side of it. So are you sayin gthat the Democratic party is equally to blame for the impasse; or do you still say it is all on the shoiulders of the GOP?"

Or....simply said this way...

"Based on what you said, It appears Boehner and McConnel refused to make a deal today. Was Reid and Pelosi willing to do so?"

Where is the bias in that question? They're taking a claim he made and asking him to explain it in light of other factors.

whatever.
You are as blind as the rest of them.

You realize running away doesn't make your point more valid, right?

After telling themselves for years that Obama is a dictator, despite having their "evidence" smashed to smithereens, when Obama says, "I am not a dictator", then is it really all that surprising the loons go into self-induced apoplexy and make a big deal out of it?

Pointing out that someone is being dictatorial is not the same as saying he is a dictator. Obama would love to have the power to ignore Congress, the Constitution, and the Supreme Court, and simply impose his vision on the rest of us. That does not make him a dictator, it does make him dangerous, and anti American.

The media believes that about every president in the modern era. It's part of the absurd mythology that's grown up around the office.

As for the rest, it's really not worthy of the response. You're just a blind partisan who would piss and moan if Obama cured cancer.

It that is true you should have no problem showing me examples of it happening when Bush was president. Until you do you will remain a hack.

The media believes that about every president in the modern era. It's part of the absurd mythology that's grown up around the office.

As for the rest, it's really not worthy of the response. You're just a blind partisan who would piss and moan if Obama cured cancer.

It that is true you should have no problem showing me examples of it happening when Bush was president. Until you do you will remain a hack.

Go back and read articles about the immigration reform debate. Or Social Security privatization.

And plenty of conservatives have called him on it.

That different. As Quantum has made sure we all know, Obama is black so the rules aren't the same.

It is different because I can site conservatives who went onto Fox News and challenged Bush and his policies. Want to point to all the people who go onto MSNBC and challenge Obama from the liberal side of the aisle?

It is different because I can site conservatives who went onto Fox News and challenged Bush and his policies. Want to point to all the people who go onto MSNBC and challenge Obama from the liberal side of the aisle?

Obama never gets challenged from the left? It would really help your argument if you picked up a newspaper occasionally.

Go back and read articles about the immigration reform debate. Or Social Security privatization.

Why? Did they go back and rewrite the narration to declare Bush should be able to get these things because his personality, when they usually described him as stupid and make fun of the way he spoke?

I want an example of anyone in the press saying Bush should be able to do anything simply because the force of his personality. That was your claim provide an example, or admit you are a hack.

Your choice.

Obama never gets challenged from the left? It would really help your argument if you picked up a newspaper occasionally.

Fox News is not a newspaper.

Personally, I just find it sad that after 4 pages of comments, no one has pointed out that there is no such thing as a "Jedi mind-meld". This just proves he's not really from this country; every real American knows only Vulcans have the power to mind-meld. Geeze!

Personally, I just find it sad that after 4 pages of comments, no one has pointed out that there is no such thing as a "Jedi mind-meld". This just proves he's not really from this country; every real American knows only Vulcans have the power to mind-meld. Geeze!

Sorry. My Geek-fu wasn't working.

Give him credit for a good save, though; From the White House Twitter account later:

BETCgX3CcAETg65.jpg:large

Obi-wan meets Spock; a "balanced" approach.

Last edited:
I have a great uncle who helped liberate the concentration camps at the end of WW II. HE could tell you what a REAL dictator is capable of doing.

And Obama's purchase of 2 billion bullets, thousands of Homeland armored vehicles, surveillance grid, domestic drone strikes, and indefinite detention could tell YOU what a real dictator is capable of.

Fox News is not a newspaper.

I never said Fox News is a newspaper. Though I think that statement does get at why you don't read newspapers...

Forum List

Back