When are we going to get serious?

The funding that planned parenthood gets pales in comparison to the subsidies that oil companies get.....or the military support that Israel gets. And....none of it funds abortions. Even if it did....why is that part of your master plan? Abortion is legal in this nation.
I will happily add END ALL SUBSIDIES to the list.

Try again

Abolish welfare as we know it and restructure it to where you can only buy a select group of basic food.

Defund public television.

Defund planned parenthood & put the money into clinics that don't perform abortions.

Ban professional lobbyists from lobbying on government property.

Publicly fund campaigns.

Enact strict term limits

End mass legal & all illegal immigration

Ban all gifts given to public employees

Give inner city children a chance with school vouchers

Remove the D & the R from all ballots to force people to vote on issues not partisan bullshit.

Ban earmarks

Open presidential debates to ALL the major parties regardless of polls

Lower the corporate tax rate to give American workers a chance to compete against their underpaid foreign counterparts.

I got plenty more rolling around in my brain but you get the point.
That's just the GOP party platform

Glad to know you have a sense of priorities........
It's a waste of money. There are literally dozens of private children's & learning channels to fill the void.

In your opinion.

There are literally no private channels that accomplish what public television accomplishes.
Public television was needed when we had THREE FUCKING CHANNELS to choose from. Those days are long gone.

Your first item is a lame dog whistle. Correct me if I am wrong....but it appears that you think people who receive food assistance are taking advantage of taxpayers. You think they can use their "welfare" for creature comforts......and that is killing our economy. Right?
Shove your racism where the sun doesn't shine. Why should mom, grandma & the boyfriend eat steak or lobster while the kids are stuck with macaroni & doritos? If we have to pay for the shit let's at least make sure the children are actually getting what was intended for them & not left hungry for the last 7 days because mom took advantage of the system.

And that will be the one & only response to you on that topic. I'm not interested in your usual games. You have my opinion, I have yours, move on.

You think someone is eating lobster and steak while the kids starve? Can you prove that?

Lower the corporate tax rate to give American workers a chance to compete against their underpaid foreign counterparts.

I am really curious why you think that the two are related.

I can make a better case for single payer health insurance- foreign companies who don't pay healthcare costs are more competitive than American companies that have to pay health care insurance costs.

The funding that planned parenthood gets pales in comparison to the subsidies that oil companies get.....or the military support that Israel gets. And....none of it funds abortions. Even if it did....why is that part of your master plan? Abortion is legal in this nation.

Try again

No. I want to know what made your brain focus in on Planned Parenthood. That organization does MAGNIFICENT things for women in this nation. Defunding that organization doesn't stop a single LEGAL abortion. All it does is hurt poor women.

It's a stupid thing to have on your list. Why is it there? Is it a partisan hack leftover?

Seriously people. We never address the problems eating away at our system. They nibble around the edges now & then to placate voters but enough is enough. It is time to demand some damn accountability.

And END the pension system for politicians. It is supposed to be public service not a damn gravy train. Serve one or two terms and go back to the private sector. We are stuck in a rut and it stinks. If we took the garbage out once & awhile we might actually see some opportunities for positive change.

Somehow you left out end campaign financing by corporations and unions.

I can make a better case for single payer health insurance- foreign companies who don't pay healthcare costs are more competitive than American companies that have to pay health care insurance costs.

Exactly.

Corporations won't pass on tax savings to workers. And...they don't pay that much anyway. The "corporate rate is too high" line is horse shit.

Last edited:
Abolish welfare as we know it and restructure it to where you can only buy a select group of basic food.

Defund planned parenthood & put the money into clinics that don't perform abortions.

Publicly fund campaigns.

Enact strict term limits

Remove the D & the R from all ballots to force people to vote on issues not partisan bullshit.

Ban earmarks

List more and let see what is up there...
Tear down the fucking ghettos in all the major cities and rebuild smaller housing options all around the cities. Hire a general contractor for each project & require that 50% to 80% of the jobs used in both the demo & rebuilding phase be filled with the displaced residents to teach them new skills..

'displaced residents'- well its nice for you to acknowledge you would be increasing homelessness

That was called "Urban Development" in the 1960's- and generally resulted in lots of people displaced and left homeless.

I think your heart is in the right place- but I have seen where that was tried in San Francisco- and the attempt to 'remove the Ghetto' just resulted in urban blight.

Look at it like this.

Companies move to foreign nations who have very low tax rates & pay sub standard wages.
How do you suggest we compete with that? What can we do to at least TRY to entice the businesses to either stay here or come back?

Raise wages?
Raise their taxes?

Or are you content to watch the jobs continue to flee?

Glad to know you have a sense of priorities........
It's a waste of money. There are literally dozens of private children's & learning channels to fill the void.

In your opinion.

There are literally no private channels that accomplish what public television accomplishes.
Public television was needed when we had THREE FUCKING CHANNELS to choose from. Those days are long gone.

Why do "conservatives" hate NPR?

Publicly fund campaigns.

Enact strict term limits

Ban earmarks

Tear down the fucking ghettos in all the major cities and rebuild smaller housing options all around the cities. Hire a general contractor for each project & require that 50% to 80% of the jobs used in both the demo & rebuilding phase be filled with the displaced residents to teach them new skills..

'displaced residents'- well its nice for you to acknowledge you would be increasing homelessness

That was called "Urban Development" in the 1960's- and generally resulted in lots of people displaced and left homeless.

I think your heart is in the right place- but I have seen where that was tried in San Francisco- and the attempt to 'remove the Ghetto' just resulted in urban blight.

And....since schools are largely funded with property taxes....you'd better come up with a way to make those "projects" increase in value if you want the kids to get better education.

Redlining.........it is fucked up.

Publicly fund campaigns.

Enact strict term limits

Ban earmarks

It would have to be a long term plan that was implemented slowly. Create local tax incentives to businesses to locate on some of the empty lots.

We have seen a MAJOR change slowly taking place here in KC. It has yet to spread into the worst parts of town but it is inching there.

Seriously people. We never address the problems eating away at our system. They nibble around the edges now & then to placate voters but enough is enough. It is time to demand some damn accountability.

And END the pension system for politicians. It is supposed to be public service not a damn gravy train. Serve one or two terms and go back to the private sector. We are stuck in a rut and it stinks. If we took the garbage out once & awhile we might actually see some opportunities for positive change.

Somehow you left out end campaign financing by corporations and unions.
No I didn't. Public financing does not mean ceo's & unions.

Look at it like this.

Companies move to foreign nations who have very low tax rates & pay sub standard wages.
How do you suggest we compete with that? What can we do to at least TRY to entice the businesses to either stay here or come back?

Raise wages?
Raise their taxes?

Or are you content to watch the jobs continue to flee?

We could have universal healthcare- and then American companies would not spend so much on health care costs. And would be more competitive here and abroad.

Or American companies can pay American workers less- that would make them more competitive too.

But just lowering their taxes? How would lowering the taxes on say on Hilton properties keep more jobs in the United States?

Try again

No. I want to know what made your brain focus in on Planned Parenthood. That organization does MAGNIFICENT things for women in this nation. Defunding that organization doesn't stop a single LEGAL abortion. All it does is hurt poor women.

It's a stupid thing to have on your list. Why is it there? Is it a partisan hack leftover?
I do not believe in abortion. I do not want my tax dollars mixed into fungible accounts that murder babies. If that's partisan so be it.

Publicly fund campaigns.

Enact strict term limits

Ban earmarks

It would have to be a long term plan that was implemented slowly. Create local tax incentives to businesses to locate on some of the empty lots.

We have seen a MAJOR change slowly taking place here in KC. It has yet to spread into the worst parts of town but it is inching there.

I am all for practical plans that work.

The record of 'tearing down the ghettos' though has been really shitty. Usually the 'ghetto's that people want torn down just happen to be mostly minority- and tends to leave big holes empty for decades.

Try again

I do not believe in abortion. I do not want my tax dollars mixed into fungible accounts that murder babies. If that's partisan so be it.

I understand- and it is your list.

But its why those of us who disagree with you don't take your list seriously.

You mix your personal peeves- which are trivial amounts of money in terms of the economy- with other issues that might actually have an impact on the economy.

Forum List

Back