🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

When it comes to politics, is honesty the best policy?

g4racer

May 7, 2014
In order to make the headway they want they need to attract more middle class, women and Mexicans. The GOP and the Tea Party in particular have started making the switch to wine, dine and romance groups they prefer do not exist. I don’t think the action they proclaim they talk about will ever happen. The GOP and especially the Tea Party have raised the standard for dishonesty and lack of ethics to a new high. How many times this year this year have you heard them say, “We have reached an agreement with the Democrats on . . .”? The next day they vote against the thing they had just said they agreed to.
The Koch script writers have been busy preparing their next major task. Interestingly, I made a post two years ago about this action. It had to happen. They will talk about this for the next two years. They will make sure no progress is made and then blame the Democrats for the lack of progress and then just let it drop again.
“Koch-backed group is selling immigration reform:” I wish I could do the post with the voice of Rex Harrison as he spoke in “My Fair Lady”. We will wine them and we will dine them, we will romance them if we must. We will tell them what they want to hear, then they‘ll vote for us.”
How long did the Koch’s keep the issue of President Obama’s birth certificate going? Actually I have heard a few comments within the past few weeks. I guess the script writers will be working late as time slips by and they must prepare their Lemmings for the next course of action.
I really don't consider the Democrats as being all that honest, it is a matter of degree. I wonder how the Christian element can justify the NT teachings with dishonesty?

It appears that the title of the above post should be expanded. This comes from a AP press release:
The Supreme Court is allowing an anti-abortion group to challenge the Ohio ban on campaign lies. The challenge is against a law designed to stop people from telling lies about political candidates during a campaign. The grounds for the challenge is that it violates "Freedom of Speech Rights".
What is going on here? Both liberals and conservatives have been against the law. What is wrong with accepting people to be honest? We might as well get rid of laws that deal with perjury. I can see this challenge coming soon. Would a law that required a person to tell us when they are lying and when they are telling the truth be better? As a society we are not an honest group, telling the truth only when we will get something from that action. I know why most on this site will not want to comment.

Forum List

Back