When the Potus gets too much power!!

Scalia railed against all this -- and the Supreme Court often struck down power transfers from Congress to the president. It did so not to preserve the institutional integrity of Congress but to uphold the principle of the separation of powers that Madison crafted as a bulwark against tyranny. The constitutional allocation of power among the branches is not for them to alter.

Its equilibrium was intended to maintain tension and even jealousy among the branches -- and thereby undergird personal liberty. Madison's articulated fear was "a gradual concentration of the several powers in the same" branch. Scalia called this gradual concentration of power in the presidency a wolf in sheep's clothing that became a bare naked wolf.

After years of faithless Congresses legally but unconstitutionally ceding power to the presidency, we have arrived where we are today -- a president who spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes, defies courts and changes immigration laws on his own. I have written before that the Republicans who rejoice in this will weep over it when a Democrat is in the White House. No president should have unconstitutional powers.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump violates Constitution – Spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes on own
------------------------------------------------
I am aware you republicans do not like Napolitano anymore since he talks about Tramp, but I do hope some of you still have some respect for the late Antonin Gregory Scalia.

Seems like I remember Obama picking and choosing which immigration laws he wanted to enforce.

Obama's policy strategy: Ignore laws

Please link me to your post about that where you demonstrate equal outrage. Because without, you're a partisan hack and this thread isn't worth the bandwidth it's taking up.

Thanks in advance.

Reagan did over 100 more executive orders than Obama. Admit it, you know tramp is acting like he is above the law, obstruction higher than ever before, enriching himself, using the courts, suing congress, and unvetted nepotism.

What does this have to do with Reagan? Reaching?

Unable to show you gave a fuck about Obama ignoring the laws our land?

That's what I thought.

Game. Set. Match.

Thanks for playing.

Take your faux outrage and shove it up your twat.

Reagan did over 100 more executive orders than Obama. Admit it, you know tramp is acting like he is above the law, obstruction higher than ever before, enriching himself, using the courts, suing congress, and unvetted nepotism.
Child... The number of Executive Orders is irrelevant. The content of the Executive Order is all that matters.

And you have no actual examples of these actions... Just whining and stomping your feet.

Scalia railed against all this -- and the Supreme Court often struck down power transfers from Congress to the president. It did so not to preserve the institutional integrity of Congress but to uphold the principle of the separation of powers that Madison crafted as a bulwark against tyranny. The constitutional allocation of power among the branches is not for them to alter.

Its equilibrium was intended to maintain tension and even jealousy among the branches -- and thereby undergird personal liberty. Madison's articulated fear was "a gradual concentration of the several powers in the same" branch. Scalia called this gradual concentration of power in the presidency a wolf in sheep's clothing that became a bare naked wolf.

After years of faithless Congresses legally but unconstitutionally ceding power to the presidency, we have arrived where we are today -- a president who spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes, defies courts and changes immigration laws on his own. I have written before that the Republicans who rejoice in this will weep over it when a Democrat is in the White House. No president should have unconstitutional powers.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump violates Constitution – Spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes on own
I am aware you republicans do not like Napolitano anymore since he talks about Tramp, but I do hope some of you still have some respect for the late Antonin Gregory Scalia.

Seems like I remember Obama picking and choosing which immigration laws he wanted to enforce.

Obama's policy strategy: Ignore laws

Please link me to your post about that where you demonstrate equal outrage. Because without, you're a partisan hack and this thread isn't worth the bandwidth it's taking up.

Thanks in advance.

What does this have to do with Reagan? Reaching?

Unable to show you gave a fuck about Obama ignoring the laws our land?

That's what I thought.

Game. Set. Match.

Thanks for playing.

Take your faux outrage and shove it up your twat.

Like I said Obama was a saint compared to what Tramp is doing, and you know it.

Of course Scalia railed about it.. But YOU chose to ignore when Obama was doing it.. Why do you think the courts THREW OUT Obama's DACA rules... Same damn deal on making immigration law without the power to do so.,...

That's why the political system in this country is floundering under a mountain of hypocrisy... There is virtually no abuse to the laws and Constitution that hasn't already tried by BOTH sides. And way too often, they just get away with it..

Obama was a saint compared to tramp. Moscow Mitch is enabling him, well all the republicans are. Also Barr and the judges he put on the bench.

You ignored everything I said just to spew... I corrected your recollection of abusing Presidential powers. You want to ignore that. Just like any good "party animal".. These problems will NEVER GET SOLVED with folks like you just playing to win political power....

Of course Scalia railed about it.. But YOU chose to ignore when Obama was doing it.. Why do you think the courts THREW OUT Obama's DACA rules... Same damn deal on making immigration law without the power to do so.,...

That's why the political system in this country is floundering under a mountain of hypocrisy... There is virtually no abuse to the laws and Constitution that hasn't already tried by BOTH sides. And way too often, they just get away with it..

Obama was a saint compared to tramp. Moscow Mitch is enabling him, well all the republicans are. Also Barr and the judges he put on the bench.

You ignored everything I said just to spew... I corrected your recollection of abusing Presidential powers. You want to ignore that. Just like any good "party animal".. These problems will NEVER GET SOLVED with folks like you just playing to win political power....

Not so fast:
The conservative-majority Supreme Court will hear arguments and issue a ruling during its next term, which starts in October and runs through June 2020, meaning a decision could come in the thick of next year’s presidential race in which Trump is seeking re-election. Democratic presidential candidates including front-runner Joe Biden have pledged actions to protect the Dreamers and offer them citizenship.

Three federal district court judges issued orders halting Trump’s move to end DACA after lawsuits were filed by a group of states including California and New York, people protected by the program, civil rights groups and others challenging the legality of the Republican president’s move.
U.S. Supreme Court to hear Trump bid to ditch 'Dreamers' immigration program - Reuters

Tramp is a arsehole to send the Daca kids back. what about his wife and her family? Send them back, his 2 wives out of 3 were immigrants and through married got their citizenship.

So once again you prove your hypocrisy! You had NOTHING to say when Obama was doing it. But when Trump does it's a horrible thing. Then you call Obama a saint which tells us you were fine when he did it.

True constitutional believers don't like it when ANYONE does it. And you gave a good reason why. Because ANYONE can do it. Today it might be someone that supports our beliefs, tomorrow it may be someone who is the complete opposite. I rue the day when we get a Democrat in the office. We'll get everything Trump did overturned and every policy we hate put in place. All because Congress has sceeded it's power and enough of the courts are still liberal.

I am firmly against Trump using his pen when it should be Congress. I hope someday when a Democrat is in office you rail against him/her doing the same thing.

LOL... Flac...

You look silly....

2ezi8tN.gif

Especially considering the fact a parrot likely has more self awareness than Pinheadlope...

So once again you prove your hypocrisy! You had NOTHING to say when Obama was doing it. But when Trump does it's a horrible thing. Then you call Obama a saint which tells us you were fine when he did it.

True constitutional believers don't like it when ANYONE does it. And you gave a good reason why. Because ANYONE can do it. Today it might be someone that supports our beliefs, tomorrow it may be someone who is the complete opposite. I rue the day when we get a Democrat in the office. We'll get everything Trump did overturned and every policy we hate put in place. All because Congress has sceeded it's power and enough of the courts are still liberal.

I am firmly against Trump using his pen when it should be Congress. I hope someday when a Democrat is in office you rail against him/her doing the same thing.

Man you guys are blind when it comes to tramp. I guess what he said is true, he can shoot someone on 5th ave and you guys would praise him.

Like I said Obama was a saint compared to what Tramp is doing, and you know it.
And yet you still can't find examples 1/4 as bad as Obama's abuse of power and corruption.

Crying and stomping your feet is a child's substitute for an adults facts.

They call him Obama Bin Spying!

BTW, you may want to look in the mirror. There is a Putin Pube stuck in your teeth.

Who is 'tramp?'

So when a half-black democrat president abuses his power he's a saint. Show me where it states that a president can even CREATE DACA, and "defer" ANY ACTION taken on illegals brought here as kids?

But when a white republican stays within the law he's abhorrent to you.

Got it.

Penelope,

The point trying to be driven home to you is the fact you are excusing ex-President Obama overreach with his Immigration Orders which should have went through Congress.

As pointed out not just by me but by many you had no issue with any executive order by Obama no matter DACA to Fracking and felt he had the power to bypass the Congress but with Trump you believe he does not have the same right.

For me it is simple and if you never complained about Obama overreach then you have nothing to say about Trump at all.

But

You will complain and use Progressive Talking Points for your argument without understanding you are wrong because of the fact you enjoy abuse of power when it is done by your political party...

Just fingers pointed back at the other side and NO ACTION... Neither side cares about Exec abuse of power when THEY are in power.. So the situation is completely SNAFU'd and hopeless until we break up the 2 party duopoly...

And the Dems with their anti-BBQ, anti-nuclear, anti-aircraft, anti combustion engine, fracking, and plastic staws are doing a fine pyrotechnic melt-down... So MAYBE -- we'll get some credible Independents and make the Govt Function Again......

Last edited:
Three federal district court judges issued orders halting Trump’s move to end DACA after lawsuits were filed by a group of states including California and New York, people protected by the program, civil rights groups and others challenging the legality of the Republican president’s move.

You're not even understanding WHO "ended DACA" .. TRUMP did not end DACA.. A Federal judge did. GAVE CONGRESS 4 or 6 months to fix it or abandon it.. Trump was the one that included DACA fixes AND EXPANSIONS in about 3 or 5 border bills that the DEMS REJECTED...

You're woefully misinformed for a partisan shill with such strong "opinions"...

Forum List

Back