When This War Is Over - Palestine Will Be Free

To devalue the quality of Palestinian life. They are treating the Palestinians just like the Nazis treated the Jews in the early '30's. Israel is deliberately trying to make Palestinian daily life a living hell.

And because Israel is a fascist, apartheid state.

It's very, very sad. But, the European Zionists, the refugees seeking sanctuary, behaved that way from the 1920s.

To devalue the quality of Palestinian life. They are treating the Palestinians just like the Nazis treated the Jews in the early '30's. Israel is deliberately trying to make Palestinian daily life a living hell.

And because Israel is a fascist, apartheid state.

Such a reasoned rational and well thought out response.

Not. :itsok:

It's very, very sad. But, the European Zionists, the refugees seeking sanctuary, behaved that way from the 1920s.
Ahead Ha-am, a famous Zionist Humanist, said just that!

"...only language the Arabs understand is that of force ..... [They] behave towards the Arabs with hostility and cruelty, trespass unjustly upon their boundaries, beat them shamefully without reason and even brag about it, and nobody stands to check this contemptible and dangerous tendency." (Expulsion Of The Palestinians, p. 7)

After the IDF/Mossad "pick" those leaders,
"Free Palestine" can pick its leaders elsewhere.

Apparently "Free Palestine" must be made free of itself first.
With their Palestinian leadership that is so very true.

What was your point?
Are you brain dead?

You said "--- Is that why there are over 400 roadblocks and checkpoints in the West Bank restricting Palestinian movement"

And I said ---"No worries. Palestinians already have great leadership to help Israel take care of business."

I don't think you have understood my position. Of course, it should be a single political entity in a permanent peace treaty. I have advocated for a sovereign, contiguous Palestine in the territory known as the "West Bank", preferably with Jews and Arabs living peacefully side-by-side and fully co-operating with each other for mutual prosperity. Contiguity with Gaza is a little more difficult, but not impossible, should Palestine and Gaza want to work together (not convinced that they do).

And yes, I did deliberately refrain from posting about Jerusalem. I wanted to see if we could at least reach some agreement on the easy stuff before we tackled the hard stuff. Because I do agree that Jerusalem is going to be sticky. I don't think Israel will give it up or divide it. Certainly, not to the extent of giving up the Old City and the Temple Mount. Still, I don't think it has to be an unsurmountable problem.

So, back to getting the Palestinian Arabs to accept self-governance and self-determination in a newly formed State of Palestine. How do we accomplish this?
Jerusalem was supposed to be directly under UN control. The Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians rejected that and went to war to seize all of Israel instead. The “Palestinians” are the only permanent refugees on planet earth. Every other refugee population has integrated into its host country. The Palestinians have tried to destroy or destabilize every country that has given them refuge. No one will have them and instead of blaming themselves, they blame the USA and Israel,

Jerusalem was supposed to be directly under UN control. The Arabs/Muslims/Palestinians rejected that and went to war to seize all of Israel instead. The “Palestinians” are the only permanent refugees on planet earth. Every other refugee population has integrated into its host country. The Palestinians have tried to destroy or destabilize every country that has given them refuge. No one will have them and instead of blaming themselves, they blame the USA and Israel,
Yep. Hard agree. And the extent to which Israel is treated differently than any other sovereign nation on the planet is evidence of ... you know, that thing that we are not supposed to talk about.

An "international" city? Under UN control? :rolleyes: :oops::auiqs.jpg:As though the UN has teeth or limbs to actually do anything but spout wordy words.

Eternal refugees? Under an entirely separate system, as though the existing system was irrelevant because ... Israel.

I don't think you have understood my position. Of course, it should be a single political entity in a permanent peace treaty. I have advocated for a sovereign, contiguous Palestine in the territory known as the "West Bank", preferably with Jews and Arabs living peacefully side-by-side and fully co-operating with each other for mutual prosperity. Contiguity with Gaza is a little more difficult, but not impossible, should Palestine and Gaza want to work together (not convinced that they do).

And yes, I did deliberately refrain from posting about Jerusalem. I wanted to see if we could at least reach some agreement on the easy stuff before we tackled the hard stuff. Because I do agree that Jerusalem is going to be sticky. I don't think Israel will give it up or divide it. Certainly, not to the extent of giving up the Old City and the Temple Mount. Still, I don't think it has to be an unsurmountable problem.

So, back to getting the Palestinian Arabs to accept self-governance and self-determination in a newly formed State of Palestine. How do we accomplish this?
How do we accomplish this. A very interesting question that deserves three Noble Peace Prizes in a row.

Ironically, I see Gaza as a far lass complicated issue than the West Bank and Jerusalem. Resolving the Gaza issue is quite 'simple' - elimination of Hamas (at least its military part), interim international governing body with its peacekeeping force, and then in say 5 years open and free elections. Lifting all blockades of course and opening it to the world.

The West Bank. It should be a single political entity with Arab and Jewish populations. I don't know what internal political 'boundaries' it should have. To divide it on Arab and Jewish areas with their respective governing bodies and autonomy (I think it won't be accepted by the Arabs); or to make it as unitary state (won't be accepted by the Jews, given the numbers). As a whole, I think that the Jews there should accept that it is 'the Arab state', though having wide and protected rights.

One more complex question that seems to be out of a public discourse is Palestinian refugees in neighboring countries. Without resolving that, any peace agreement isn't possible.

Forum List

Back