When was the last time America defaulted on it's debt?

It is true

Defaulting on our debt does irreparable harm to our country and our credit.

Republicans continually attempt it
If they cared about our country, they wouldn’t put their party over our country
How many times have we defaulted on the debt during the previous 22 government shutdowns?

ZERO.

So why do you insist and posting this shit that does nothing but confirm you are a dumbass troll?

I don't understand the point of bringing us to the brink when they will just cave anyway at the end. It accomplishes nothing but making Republicans look bad. It doesn't even appease their base if they say they tried and then caved.

Why Republicans keep playing the debt default card makes zero sense.

But their base loves it

They most likely will. If they don't the only thing that will happen is the 40% of the unnecessary govt employees will be sent home for a 3-4 day paid vacation.
They are doing this to try to get spending concessions from the Senate. A futile play because Turtle might as well have a (D) after his name.

We won't default, the economy won't crash, just like the 22 previous shutdowns.

But brainless Dimwingers like rightwinger sealybobo et al around here, in Congress, and in the media will continue to whine and cry about the impending doom.
Mindless dumbasses all of them.

But it gives them something to distract from Traitor Joe's crimes, so it's stupid on that front as well.
The 2011 S&P downgrade was the first time the US federal government was given a rating below AAA.

You Republicans suck. Really you do. And you don't even realize it.

......an expression of how likely the assigning CRA thinks it is that the U.S. will pay back its debts. A credit rating assigned to U.S. sovereign debt also influences the interest rates the U.S. will have to pay on its debt;

The 2011 S&P downgrade was the first time the US federal government was given a rating below AAA.

You Republicans suck. Really you do. And you don't even realize it.

......an expression of how likely the assigning CRA thinks it is that the U.S. will pay back its debts. A credit rating assigned to U.S. sovereign debt also influences the interest rates the U.S. will have to pay on its debt;
Show me where it mentions a debt ceiling showdown Simp? The rating dropped right after a spending bill was signed into law.

Holy cow you are one stupid Dimtard.

S&P cut the long-term U.S. credit rating by one notch to AA-plus on concerns about the government’s budget deficit and rising debt burden. The action is likely to eventually raise borrowing costs for the American government, companies and consumers.

“The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government’s medium-term debt dynamics,” S&P said in a statement.

United States loses prized AAA credit rating from S&P

The United States lost its top-tier AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's on Friday in an unprecedented blow to the world's largest economy in the wake of a political battle that took the country to the brink of default.

Show me where it mentions a debt ceiling showdown Simp? The rating dropped right after a spending bill was signed into law.

Holy cow you are one stupid Dimtard.

S&P cut the long-term U.S. credit rating by one notch to AA-plus on concerns about the government’s budget deficit and rising debt burden. The action is likely to eventually raise borrowing costs for the American government, companies and consumers.

“The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government’s medium-term debt dynamics,” S&P said in a statement.

United States loses prized AAA credit rating from S&P

The United States lost its top-tier AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's on Friday in an unprecedented blow to the world's largest economy in the wake of a political battle that took the country to the brink of default.
What's your point? You caused interest rates to go up, the market to slow, stocks to go down, instability in the market. Foreign investment to slow because they didn't trust us.

I could see if Trump won a 2nd term him trying to get the Federal Gov to file bankruptsy and default on the debt. We owe China how much? Not any more. LOL. That would have been brilliant. Of course it would have fucked all of us.

EB2D065C-559D-47B4-ADEE-1B7A40F4AE0F.jpeg

Once again we have Democrats bleating that we will DEFAULT ON OUR DEBT if the debt ceiling isn't raised without any attempt to get concessions on the profligate spending we have.

I googled it for a link, but couldn't find any debt defaults on our debt despite the yearly bleating on this by Democrats.

Can someone else help me out with a link?
2011 .. under Obama, and the credit rating was dropped to AA+

What's your point? You caused interest rates to go up, the market to slow, stocks to go down, instability in the market. Foreign investment to slow because they didn't trust us.

I could see if Trump won a 2nd term him trying to get the Federal Gov to file bankruptsy and default on the debt. We owe China how much? Not any more. LOL. That would have been brilliant. Of course it would have fucked all of us.
Bankruptcy has been the solution to most of Trumps financial problems

Ah. I see. Aside from your crayon phobia, your point seems to be “it hasn’t happened yet so it won’t”. Let’s hope so since the grownups seem to have abandoned the Republican Party.
It seems that the grownups have abandoned our government in general. Forget pointing fingers at one another.

I did?

Gotta link to where I caused all that? :cuckoo:

It seems that the grownups have abandoned our government in general. Forget pointing fingers at one another.
I don't disagree, but when it comes something like the debt ceiling, which isn't about spending but about paying for what you already spent, the Republicans have taken it too far, repeatedly. This used to a routine by partisan vote. Now, it's being used to grandstand or force the opposition to concede. This is not the platform to do things like force cuts in our safetynet programs.

And a government shut down is much more disruptive then a few people not getting paid on time.

I don't disagree, but when it comes something like the debt ceiling, which isn't about spending but about paying for what you already spent, the Republicans have taken it too far, repeatedly. This used to a routine by partisan vote. Now, it's being used to grandstand or force the opposition to concede. This is not the platform to do things like force cuts in our safetynet programs.

And a government shut down is much more disruptive then a few people not getting paid on time.
Who do they disrupt? I have never noticed anything during a shutdown. But then, I don't wake up every morning waiting for Daddy DC to take care of me.

This is pure bullshit and it is because of statements like this that no one takes you seriously.
republicans care about Our Country, but to clarify, they ONLY care about certain parts and ONLY about selected people.
(R) divide the Country.
trump led the Division, now his kkkult follows.

Who do they disrupt? I have never noticed anything during a shutdown. But then, I don't wake up every morning waiting for Daddy DC to take care of me.
Of course you never notice. You’re an elitist. As long as it doesn’t directly effect you personally, who cares.

Of course you never notice. You’re an elitist. As long as it doesn’t directly effect you personally, who cares.
I’m an “elitist” because I don’t wake up every morning waiting for the Government to tell me what to do?

What a colossal moron Troll you are Coyote

Forum List

Back