When was the last time America defaulted on it's debt?

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
Once again we have Democrats bleating that we will DEFAULT ON OUR DEBT if the debt ceiling isn't raised without any attempt to get concessions on the profligate spending we have.

I googled it for a link, but couldn't find any debt defaults on our debt despite the yearly bleating on this by Democrats.

Can someone else help me out with a link?

Once again we have Democrats bleating that we will DEFAULT ON OUR DEBT if the debt ceiling isn't raised without any attempt to get concessions on the profligate spending we have.

I googled it for a link, but couldn't find any debt defaults on our debt despite the yearly bleating on this by Democrats.

Well, FDR's mandatory gold grab is the closest thing we've had to a default.

Tried duckduckgo.com as well.

No results.

The problem we have today is that Sleepy Joe refuses to negotiate with the Loyal Opposition to get things done.

All he has to do is to work with MTG , Boebert and other top Republicans to eliminate the deficit. Biden has raised interest rates so high, that its just impractical not to reduce spending on Government Waste.

No one is saying to get rid of all Waste. But Biden needs to negotiate on this.

BTW, its a hoot the way the libs were such deficit hawks when the adults were in charge and now want to spend like drunken sailors.

It is just stupid to do so. We need to continue to invest in our nation or give up the title as the worlds super power to china. china will steam role over our shores within decades.

Time to pass the bill

I thought I made it crystal clear, Troll.

I can't post in crayon, so move along.
Ah. I see. Aside from your crayon phobia, your point seems to be “it hasn’t happened yet so it won’t”. Let’s hope so since the grownups seem to have abandoned the Republican Party.

The problem we have today is that Sleepy Joe refuses to negotiate with the Loyal Opposition to get things done.

All he has to do is to work with MTG , Boebert and other top Republicans to eliminate the deficit. Biden has raised interest rates so high, that its just impractical not to reduce spending on Government Waste.

No one is saying to get rid of all Waste. But Biden needs to negotiate on this.

BTW, its a hoot the way the libs were such deficit hawks when the adults were in charge and now want to spend like drunken sailors.
The problem is that the debt ceiling is not the place for these fights and why should Biden negotiate with a minority of political brats who seem to have no clue about what tbe debt ceiling? They just want to hold it hostage in order to get their way.

The problem is that the debt ceiling is not the place for these fights and why should Biden negotiate with a minority of political brats who seem to have no clue about what tbe debt ceiling? They just want to hold it hostage in order to get their way.
Well, why do we have "these fights"?

Are you referring to partisan fights for control of the three branches of government, and then maybe, retaliation strategies???

Is that what you are talking about?

When is the place for such a fight? The Biden Regime pushed through an absurd spending bill in advance to avodi the GOP led House.

Never,
The Democrat Media Bubble Cult weaves its Cult nonsense and the weak Republicans cave.

Ah. I see. Aside from your crayon phobia, your point seems to be “it hasn’t happened yet so it won’t”. Let’s hope so since the grownups seem to have abandoned the Republican Party.
You halfwits bleat the same thing every time the debt ceiling deadline comes up, which is often. Even if we have a "government shutdown" they send home the 40% of the "non-essential workers" (which means they should be fired for not being needed), and a few days later they come back to work and get paid. Basically, they get a paid vacation.

We bring in enough to service our debt even if a shutdown was prolonged, Troll.

So, you morons shit yourselves for the next few days while I LMFAO while you do it.

You halfwits bleat the same thing every time the debt ceiling deadline comes up, which is often. Even if we have a "government shutdown" they send home the 40% of the "non-essential workers" (which means they should be fired for not being needed), and a few days later they come back to work and get paid. Basically, they get a paid vacation.

So, you morons shit yourselves for the next few days while I LMFAO while you do it.

You can't reason with cultists.

You have no clue how disruptive all that is, but that’s to be expected.

Link?

^^the grownups have left the party and the children are running amuck.

You have no clue how disruptive all that is, but that’s to be expected.

Link?

^^the grownups have left the party and the children are running amuck.

You really are clueless. But then, you are a Dimwinger so that is expected.

According to Strategas Research Partners, the federal government collects about $4 trillion in revenue and has only $350 billion in interest costs. The federal government can fund defense, veterans, Medicare, Social Security, and health programs from cash flow alone. If the Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on terms to raise the debt ceiling, the federal government would eventually be forced to prioritize spending to avoid default and continue servicing the U.S. debt. In the end, Congress will raise the debt ceiling, but it may not happen before the government is forced to shut down for a period.

You really are clueless. But then, you are a Dimwinger so that is expected.

According to Strategas Research Partners, the federal government collects about $4 trillion in revenue and has only $350 billion in interest costs. The federal government can fund defense, veterans, Medicare, Social Security, and health programs from cash flow alone. If the Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on terms to raise the debt ceiling, the federal government would eventually be forced to prioritize spending to avoid default and continue servicing the U.S. debt. In the end, Congress will raise the debt ceiling, but it may not happen before the government is forced to shut down for a period.

Can't reason with Cult members.
Especially ones as deeply deluded as her.

Forum List

Back