When Will America’s Crumbling Roads, Bridges, Dams and More Be Fixed?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
infrastructure.jpg

We send billions of dollars to broken down foreign governments that hate our guts and we can’t find the money to fix things to save American lives?

What kind of politicians have we elected?

Let’s see some high mucky-muck driving in his or her post limousine end up in the hospital for hitting a massive pot hole or going off a broken bridge. I wonder what their attitude would be then,

There’s been wide bipartisan support for updating and fixing America’s infrastructure, despite a lack of a more comprehensive solution. President Donald Trump has even proposed a $1.5 trillion project to update and fix the national infrastructure and create jobs.

He’s also encouraged lawmakers to send him a clean bill with a solution.

I think we have a real opportunity to address the vital question which is improving our infrastructure, creating jobs and strengthening the economy,” said Sam Graves (R-Mo.), ranking member of the Transportation and Infrastructure committee. “I think there is widespread agreement within the House, within the Senate and [within the] White House that we do need to act. We saw the president urge Congress to send him bipartisan infrastructure legislation that he can sign into law. And more importantly, most of our constituents want this as well.”

Things can get done if they will only remove the regulations that keep from doing them.

More of this
@ When Will America's Crumbling Roads, Bridges, Dams and More Be Fixed?

infrastructure.jpg

We send billions of dollars to broken down foreign governments that hate our guts and we can’t find the money to fix things to save American lives?

Let’s see some high mucky-muck driving in his or her post limousine end up in the hospital for hitting a massive pot hole or going off a broken bridge. I wonder what their attitude would be then,

There’s been wide bipartisan support for updating and fixing America’s infrastructure, despite a lack of a more comprehensive solution. President Donald Trump has even proposed a $1.5 trillion project to update and fix the national infrastructure and create jobs.

I think we have a real opportunity to address the vital question which is improving our infrastructure, creating jobs and strengthening the economy,” said Sam Graves (R-Mo.), ranking member of the Transportation and Infrastructure committee. “I think there is widespread agreement within the House, within the Senate and [within the] White House that we do need to act. We saw the president urge Congress to send him bipartisan infrastructure legislation that he can sign into law. And more importantly, most of our constituents want this as well.”

Things can get done if they will only remove the regulations that keep from doing them.

More of this

The reason why some states don't have good infrastructure is very simple.

Taxes.

It's more important to give the filthy rich and business tax cuts. Both at the state and federal level.

It's more important to conservatives to not pay taxes and have others pay it for them.

You can have better infrastructure. You don't need the federal government to do it either. In fact, you should pay for the infrastructure in your state. Don't make people thousands of miles from you pay it for you.

My state increased our gas tax by 9 tenths of a penny per gallon. We voted on it in the bush boy years and it passed with a very good margin. We have new roads, new infrastructure.

We voted in 2016 to impose new taxes on our property and cars. To build new infrastructure. New light rail, new transit and other 21st century mass transit.

We aren't depending on the federal government. We know we'll never get it. We already only get about 80 cents to every dollar we send to DC.

So if you want good roads and infrastructure. No one is stopping you. All you have to do is pay for it yourselves.

Like we do in my state.

infrastructure.jpg

More of this

Taxes.

It's more important to give the filthy rich and business tax cuts. Both at the state and federal level.

It's more important to conservatives to not pay taxes and have others pay it for them.

You can have better infrastructure. You don't need the federal government to do it either. In fact, you should pay for the infrastructure in your state. Don't make people thousands of miles from you pay it for you.

My state increased our gas tax by 9 tenths of a penny per gallon. We voted on it in the bush boy years and it passed with a very good margin. We have new roads, new infrastructure.

We voted in 2016 to impose new taxes on our property and cars. To build new infrastructure. New light rail, new transit and other 21st century mass transit.

We aren't depending on the federal government. We know we'll never get it. We already only get about 80 cents to every dollar we send to DC.

So if you want good roads and infrastructure. No one is stopping you. All you have to do is pay for it yourselves.

Like we do in my state.
Bullshit.

At least 20% of federal highway trust fund monies are being pirated for money-sucking urban mass transit and light rail choo-choo scams.

The infrastructure is "crumbling" on purpose.

infrastructure.jpg

More of this

Taxes.

Like we do in my state.
Bullshit.

At least 20% of federal highway trust fund monies are being pirated for money-sucking urban mass transit and light rail choo-choo scams.

The infrastructure is "crumbling" on purpose.
Oh federal money is being spent on where money is actually made. I'm fine with that.

infrastructure.jpg

More of this
In the year of 1992 "No new taxes Bush" sign a Democrat tax to fix roads and etc. I never happened but Bush was voted out of office because of it. So Democrats where are the road repairs.?

infrastructure.jpg

More of this

Taxes.

Like we do in my state.
We have paid since 93 for roads and repairs.

Republicans don't believe in spending money on roads and bridges.

We have needy billionaires that we need to spend trillions on.

It's the American way.

Republicans don't believe in spending money on roads and bridges.

We have needy billionaires that we need to spend trillions on.

It's the American way.

So your saying, Billionaires are not paying their fair share of tax? they are not paying Trillions in tax money?? I'm assuming this is what you mean by we are spending trillions on them. They are not Trillionaires unless I missed something....
You know, just tax the rich until there are no more rich to tax.. then get your money from somewhere else. People with your thinking cause starvation and rioting in the streets eventually. If you ever had your way.

Forum List

Back