When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

That ruling does not and cannot apply to personal relationships.
What exactly are you talking about? And BTW, I don't believe that you could be a cat lover. I AM a cat lover.
I love cats. Even tipsy cats, they are the best kind. I have no cats now and the name was assigned to me, I didn't choose it.

There has been no court ruling nor legislation that mandates a universal acceptance of same sex relationships or marriages.
Gee thanks for telling me that the law can't force "acceptance" Dah......I knew that. Acceptance is a mental state that happens between your own two ears. Of course it can't be forced unless by lobotomy or brain washing. However, the law can and does force tolerance and that is what most LGBT people want-but you knew that already, so your post was trite and pointless.

Not convinced that you love cats. Cat people are kind and caring. There is a high correlation between how people treat other people and how they treat animals.
If people were cats or dogs, I would treat them well too.
I love cats. Even tipsy cats, they are the best kind. I have no cats now and the name was assigned to me, I didn't choose it.

There has been no court ruling nor legislation that mandates a universal acceptance of same sex relationships or marriages.
Gee thanks for telling me that the law can't force "acceptance" Dah......I knew that. Acceptance is a mental state that happens between your own two ears. Of course it can't be forced unless by lobotomy or brain washing. However, the law can and does force tolerance and that is what most LGBT people want-but you knew that already, so your post was trite and pointless.

Not convinced that you love cats. Cat people are kind and caring. There is a high correlation between how people treat other people and how they treat animals.
The law cannot even enforce tolerance. If I have a gay couple living next door, I do not have to tolerate them. I could tell them they are intolerable. What the law does enforce is endurance. I don't have to tolerate them. I can move. If I stay, I do have to endure them.
Do you really want to split hairs regarding the issue of what tolerance means? To me tolerance means your behavior with respect to others. The law says that you cannot harass them, intimidate them or discriminate against them. You can tell them that they are intolerable, but if you do it enough times you may well be subject to criminal and civil consequences. You do indeed have to shut the fuck up and deal with the fact that they live there and that under the law, they have every right to do so free of interference by you or anyone else. Is there any part of that you don't get.?
Well you can discriminate against them. And there are no civil or criminal penalties. If I give a party and invite the whole neighborhood but the Gay couple down the street, I have discriminated and there's nothing anyone can do. I can tell my child that all their friends are welcome but Heather who has two mommies. That's discrimination and I can do that.
You have a completely erroneous idea of how far the law can go.
Well, if you think so, go and harass and intimidate some gay people and you might learn something about the law. The hard way. Yes you're ignorant ass has the the right to exclude them for you garden party and to teach you children to be hateful and cruel, but you have to leave them alone! THAT is my point!

What exactly are you talking about? And BTW, I don't believe that you could be a cat lover. I AM a cat lover.

If people were cats or dogs, I would treat them well too.

The law cannot even enforce tolerance. If I have a gay couple living next door, I do not have to tolerate them. I could tell them they are intolerable. What the law does enforce is endurance. I don't have to tolerate them. I can move. If I stay, I do have to endure them.
Do you really want to split hairs regarding the issue of what tolerance means? To me tolerance means your behavior with respect to others. The law says that you cannot harass them, intimidate them or discriminate against them. You can tell them that they are intolerable, but if you do it enough times you may well be subject to criminal and civil consequences. You do indeed have to shut the fuck up and deal with the fact that they live there and that under the law, they have every right to do so free of interference by you or anyone else. Is there any part of that you don't get.?
Well you can discriminate against them. And there are no civil or criminal penalties. If I give a party and invite the whole neighborhood but the Gay couple down the street, I have discriminated and there's nothing anyone can do. I can tell my child that all their friends are welcome but Heather who has two mommies. That's discrimination and I can do that.
You have a completely erroneous idea of how far the law can go.
Well, if you think so, go and harass and intimidate some gay people and you might learn something about the law. The hard way. Yes you're ignorant ass has the the right to exclude them for you garden party and to teach you children to be hateful and cruel, but you have to leave them alone! THAT is my point!
Sure. I have to leave them alone and endure. No one ever said anything else. Why would I intrude on the peace of anyone not bothering me. I have the right to discriminate and THAT was my point.

The real question here is whether the government should have the power to conduct social engineering, to pass and enforce laws targeting certain ideas and opinions for suppression. THAT's what's going on. It has nothing to do with equal protection of our rights. And the 'commerce' angle is merely a convenient vehicle, a constitutional loophole blown open by the corporatists.

And it's all a result the most egregious flaw of the original Constitution - that it accommodated slavery.

Most people would argue that it should. If you need a reason why, look to games theory. Most people have an innate sense of fairness. And gross abuses of the powerless by the powerful is something that most people would agree shouldn't happen. And when you have a general consensus that something shouldn't happen, codifying that into our laws is predictable....as all laws are is codified moral and ethical consensus.

You may feel that the government shouldn't But you're outnumbered by the people that believe it should.

LOL... yeah, I have no delusions about what most people would argue. I just think they're wrong. I don't think they've really thought it through.

The idea that popular opinion should be imposed by law is what got us into this mess. It's the reason slavery wasn't outlawed in the first place. It's the reason so many minorities have been deprived of their rights. It's the reason why we're still fighting for basic rights like the freedom of any two people to get married.

The only protection we have from codifying the biases of the majority into law is a Constitution that strictly limits the role of government to protecting our rights. More importantly, we need a society that recognizes the dangers of using government to dictate the "right way to live".

The very worst abuses of minorities always come via government, and it's vital that we reign in its power to do that - even when we might be happy with the immediate effects.

Last edited:
More insanity from the right wing nut job bigots and fear mongers:

Anti-LGBT Activists Mobilize To Protest 'Satanic' Day Of Silence Submitted by Brian Tashman on Thursday, 4/7/2016 11:25 am When the Day of Silence takes place one week from tomorrow, Religious Right groups are urging parents to keep their children home from school if students decide to participate. During the Day of Silence, sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN), students take a vow of silence in solidarity with closeted and bullied LGBT youth. The groups organizing the “DOS Walkout” include the American Family Association, Liberty Counsel, state chapters of Concerned Women for America and the Coalition of African-American Pastors, a front group for the National Organization for Marriage. They have joined forces with smaller groups such as Scott Lively’s Abiding Truth Ministries, Brian Camenker’s MassResistance, Peter LaBarbera’s Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, Janet Porter’s Faith 2 Action and Linda Harvey’s Mission America in urging parents to “actively oppose this hijacking of the classroom for political purposes” by “calling your child out of school if your child's school allows students and/or teachers to refuse to speak during instructional time on the Day of Silence.” Harvey penned a WorldNetDaily column warning that the Day of Silence is a Satanic (and Marxist!) plot to destroy America: - See more at: Anti-LGBT Activists Mobilize To Protest 'Satanic' Day Of Silence

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I support equal rights for gays, and when it comes to marriage they already have them. Marriage is, and for the most part always has been defined as the union between a man and a woman. Them just facts. There is no legal requirement in marriage for love, there is no legal requirement in marriage for sexual orientation. If a gay guy and a lesbian woman want to get married they can. Remember, equal rights. My guess it has problem happened. And if we decide to alter the traditional definition for marriage- allow gay men or lesbian women to marry one another- then that right must be extended to all people, not just the LGBT crowd. Yep, any dude can marry any dude, or any chick can marry any chick. It doesn't matter a great deal to me either way, but let's be clear on what we have now, and what we will have if we alter the definition of marriage.

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

I support equal rights for gays, and when it comes to marriage they already have them. Marriage is, and for the most part always has been defined as the union between a man and a woman. Them just facts. There is no legal requirement in marriage for love, there is no legal requirement in marriage for sexual orientation. If a gay guy and a lesbian woman want to get married they can. Remember, equal rights. My guess it has problem happened. And if we decide to alter the traditional definition for marriage- allow gay men or lesbian women to marry one another- then that right must be extended to all people, not just the LGBT crowd. Yep, any dude can marry any dude, or any chick can marry any chick. It doesn't matter a great deal to me either way, but let's be clear on what we have now, and what we will have if we alter the definition of marriage.
Sounds like you haven't hear about the Obergefell ruling, leave alone read it. Your screen name is well chosen.

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

Sounds like you haven't hear about the Obergefell ruling, leave alone read it. Your screen name is well chosen.

In other words, the law that changed the heretofore definition of marriage. Your point is?

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

In other words, the law that changed the heretofore definition of marriage. Your point is?
The point is that your entire post was poorly written jiberish that indicates to me that you understand little about love, marriage, and imparticular LGBT issues. Only a buck toothed moron would still be ranting about "if we alter the definition of marriage" and " how a gay man can marry a lesbian:" I have delt with that sort of horseshit way to many times before to bother myself with the likes of you.

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

The point is that your entire post was poorly written jiberish that indicates to me that you understand little about love, marriage, and imparticular LGBT issues. Only a buck toothed moron would still be ranting about "if we alter the definition of marriage" and " how a gay man can marry a lesbian:" I have delt with the sort of horseshit way to many times before to bother myself with the likes of you.

I have delt with the sort of horseshit way to many times before to bother myself with the likes of you.[/QUOTE] Evidently not - since you just bothered yourself with the likes of me. A bit touchy are we? I guess in a perfect world only gays can express themselves without fear of public ridicule. Tell me, if you and your husband owned a bakery, would you piss in the batter before you bake the cake for the Evangelical wedding, because you know you will be fined if you don't deliver the cake?

NAACP plans to hold sit-ins if House Bill 2 isn’t repealed

N.C. NAACP president William Barber says his group will hold a “mass sit-in” at the legislature if a controversial LGBT law isn’t repealed by April 21.

Barber, whose Forward Together Moral Movement has organized numerous Moral Monday protests and acts of civil disobedience, plans to announce more details about the event at a news conference Saturday morning.

Read more here: NAACP plans to hold sit-ins if House Bill 2 isn’t repealed

NAACP plans to hold sit-ins if House Bill 2 isn’t repealed

N.C. NAACP president William Barber says his group will hold a “mass sit-in” at the legislature if a controversial LGBT law isn’t repealed by April 21.

Barber, whose Forward Together Moral Movement has organized numerous Moral Monday protests and acts of civil disobedience, plans to announce more details about the event at a news conference Saturday morning.

Read more here: NAACP plans to hold sit-ins if House Bill 2 isn’t repealed

Peaceful protest are all good.

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

When you figure out which bathroom to use? Maybe?

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

Thank you for that witty, sensitive, brilliant and helpful comment on a serious top that has a profound impact on human lives. No go and fish your atrophied brain out of the toilet. Must be why you're obsessed with bathrooms - eh sparky?

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

Thank you for that witty, sensitive, brilliant and helpful comment on a serious top that has a profound impact on human lives. No go and fish your atrophied brain out of the toilet. Must be why you're obsessed with bathrooms - eh sparky?
I

Why is it so important that you gays use women's bathrooms?

North Carolina:

And South Carolina:

I

Why is it so important that you gays use women's bathrooms?
I would try to explain why it’s important for TRANSGENDER people to use the bathroom associated with the gender that they identify with. I could try to impart to you the complexities of transgenderism and all that we know and don’t know about. However, quite frankly, your posts so far indicate to me that you are not bright enough to grasp any of it. One indication of that is that you don’t seem to understand that gay is different than transgender-although related. Another indication of your low level of functioning is that you stupidly made an assumption about my sexual orientation. It would appear that you are just here to flame-troll and have no desire to learn anything or to contribute anything useful, even if you were capable of learning-which I doubt.

Government by mob rule. Just what we always wanted.

Interesting, that is EXACTLY what the anti-LBGT crowd was saying a decade ago in the throes of passing all those State bans on SSCM. That the majority vote should have government by mob rule. That equal treatment under the law should be able to be denied by a 50%+1 vote of the people.

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back