When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

When you figure out which bathroom to use? Maybe?

Thank you for that witty, sensitive, brilliant and helpful comment on a serious top that has a profound impact on human lives. No go and fish your atrophied brain out of the toilet. Must be why you're obsessed with bathrooms - eh sparky?
I

Why is it so important that you gays use women's bathrooms?
I would try to explain why it’s important for TRANSGENDER people to use the bathroom associated with the gender that they identify with. I could try to impart to you the complexities of transgenderism and all that we know and don’t know about. However, quite frankly, your posts so far indicate to me that you are not bright enough to grasp any of it. One indication of that is that you don’t seem to understand that gay is different than transgender-although related. Another indication of your low level of functioning is that you stupidly made an assumption about my sexual orientation. It would appear that you are just here to flame-troll and have no desire to learn anything or to contribute anything useful, even if you were capable of learning-which I doubt.

Non answer! Typical leftward attack.

Government by mob rule. Just what we always wanted.

Interesting, that is EXACTLY what the anti-LBGT crowd was saying a decade ago in the throws of passing all those State bans on SSCM. That the majority vote should have government by mob rule. That equal treatment under the law should be able to be denied by a 50%+1 vote of the people.

>>>>

Throes dude, throes.

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

And South Carolina:

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??

Thank you for that witty, sensitive, brilliant and helpful comment on a serious top that has a profound impact on human lives. No go and fish your atrophied brain out of the toilet. Must be why you're obsessed with bathrooms - eh sparky?
I

I would try to explain why it’s important for TRANSGENDER people to use the bathroom associated with the gender that they identify with. I could try to impart to you the complexities of transgenderism and all that we know and don’t know about. However, quite frankly, your posts so far indicate to me that you are not bright enough to grasp any of it. One indication of that is that you don’t seem to understand that gay is different than transgender-although related. Another indication of your low level of functioning is that you stupidly made an assumption about my sexual orientation. It would appear that you are just here to flame-troll and have no desire to learn anything or to contribute anything useful, even if you were capable of learning-which I doubt.

Ya know what bubba? I don't have time for this equine excrement.

I

That's not my problem Theodore! You asked a question and don't like the responses aka no one is playing my game so I must attack conservatives. Hilarious.

I

That's not my problem Theodore! You asked a question and don't like the responses aka no one is playing my game so I must attack conservatives. Hilarious.
I tell you what Sparky....this is a test.

1. Read these two papers

2. See if you can learn something from them

3. See if you can make at least one intelligent and appropriate comment on each one.

4. See if you can formulate at least one intelligent question for each one

5. Do not come back until you have completed the assignment.......ready-set-go!

Public Accommodations Law Misconceptions and Trans Rights

Theories of the Causes of Transsexualism

If you don't like homosexuals or whatever, that's fine, but why would you want to make laws to deny them being treated like equal human beings? You must just be cruel, IMO.
If you don't like homosexuals or whatever, that's fine, but why would you want to make laws to deny them being treated like equal human beings? You must just be cruel, IMO.

Cruel? Not to let them pee beside the girls? Oh the horror.

You have to wonder if some of these on here support these perverted laws so they can pee beside the girls

I'm not talking about bathroom issues. I'm talking about the way conservatives treat them.

You have to wonder if some of these on here support these perverted laws so they can pee beside the girls

Well, you are kind of weird, so you would think that.

I'm not talking about bathroom issues. I'm talking about the way conservatives treat them.

How is that exactly?

Next question. What about women who wish not to share a bathroom with men. Do they have any rights? Or do they give those rights up to accommodate transgenders?

You have to wonder if some of the people on here are obsessed with peeing because the have pea brains.

You have to wonder if some of the people on here are obsessed with peeing because the have pea brains.

Shhhhhh pee wee puffer.....and yes it's clear you puff the pee wee

Forum List

Back