Where are the keep your laws of my body libs here? Forced chemo?

If she were 12 and pregnant libs would treat her as an emancipated minor. But if they are 17, liberals loving their control freakery.

okay, so it's really not the same as an abortion. It's a child trying to kill herself and the state stepping in to stop her.

Libs are for whatever makes them feel better about themselves. And to hell with everyone else.

The link works for me.

The mother is an IDIOT. She's the one who should be put in prison for being too stupid to parent.

Connecticut Teen Fighting State Over Forced Chemotherapy Treatments - Hartford Courant

These same liberals would throw shitfits if she had to get a sonogram for an abortion, but they will force her to take chemotherapy?
This fails as a straw man fallacy, there's no evidence the state's action has anything to do with 'liberals.'

This also fails as a false comparison fallacy, adult women are entitled to the right of privacy; the welfare of children is clearly the appropriate purview of the state, where no privacy rights are 'violated.'

Connecticut Teen Fighting State Over Forced Chemotherapy Treatments - Hartford Courant

These same liberals would throw shitfits if she had to get a sonogram for an abortion, but they will force her to take chemotherapy?

She is 17 years old- she is old enough to be go to a judge and ask to be emancipated.

Something is odd about this story- and I think we are not being told the whole thing. The girl ran away from home to avoid the treatments- and then was picked up as a runaway.

But who was forcing her into treatment? Until then she would have been under her mother's custody- so was her mother forcing her into treatment?

Anyway- she should be able to be legally emancipated and then make her own decision- I have known other 17 year old who gone through the process. The State has an obligation to protect minors- but I believe an emancipated 17 year old would be treated legally as an adult.

This is being worked out as it should.

from steve's link "The State Supreme Court will hear both sides of the argument on Thursday, Jan. 8."

By liberal standards it's her body and no one can tell her what to do with body. Mind your own business.

Forum List

Back