Where are the Republicans?

I'm sorry but this "we can't split up families" talking point is emotional nonsense. We split up families all the time to enforce the law.
Can anyone honestly say that if we catch a serial killer we can't send him to prison because it will take him away from his kids? Does anyone think that is acceptable?
We arrest people and throw them in jail over parking violations. I don't see you people complaining about their families being split up by the government.
Is sincerity really so hard practice?

Again...it's not the separation. That is going to happen. It's preventing kids from seeing their parents. One mother didn't see her child for 8 months. Serial killers usually aren't held without visitors for 8 months.

Can you appreciate the difference?

Serial killer gets visits
Illegal immigrant gets no visit for several months.
/——-/ don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time - Berretta

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Living in a dorm......how dreadful.

Now let's get these illegal aliens the fuck out of here, quickly.

Having your children taken

A child being separated from their parent & sibling

I guess to a low life total piece of shit like you, these are not cruel & unusual?
A shame we don't toss the whole family into prison with the criminal parent. Is that what you want?

First of all, the illegal crossing is a misdemeanor offense. Many requesting asylum.

These are not criminal parents. These are parents looking for a better life for their children.

Thank you. that what these imbeciles are too stupid to know. Plus, they keep saying that criminals are separated from their children, but these people haven't had a trial and declared guilty. they're just thrown into jail without even being charged for anything. Andlike you said, this is a misdemeanor, not a felony, so they should not be going to jail at all.

I want every one of them who think we're handling these children humanely to go down there and live in that tent for a few days in 100 degree weather, then come back and still say that.

So you go out to a bar tonight and get drunk. On the way home you get busted and charged with a DUI. Do you think the cops will take you home to be with your kids or do they throw you in jail?

Yes, the first time is a misdemeanor, the second time is a felony.

Well, I've never had that happen, but know some that have, and here, they let you go the same day/night as long as someone sober comes to get you.

Not from being separated from their parents, dope.
Unaccompanied children crossed without their parents,dope.

Obviously we need to house them.

Ohhhh. I get it now. You're not worried about kids being traumatized by being put in cages, you're just worried about them being traumatized by separation of their parents. That certainly makes sense.

It has nothing to do with a cage, dope.

Yes, the trauma comes from being separated from their families which makes total sense.
So you would prefer we stick the kids in the same prisons as their parents?

You & your fat little orange buddy need to get on the same page.

I thought is was just a short period of time. Now you infer it is like jailing a murderer.

Under Obama, families were not separated.

Trump is only doing it as a political tool to get his retarded wall.

'I am glad you assholes think it is OK to torture children so Trump can get his wall . This is how pathetic you people have become. Disgusting poor excuses of human beings & so fucking stupid that Trump dupes you with every lie out of his fat mouth.

He and Sessions have actually said this. And, what these idiots don't realize is it is their taxes that will go to build that useless wall that won't keep anyone out. How many of them are here daily whining about where their taxes are going, but now all of a sudden, they don't seem to care that it will be pissed away on something that has no chance of succeeding.
their taxes that will go to build that useless wall that won't keep anyone out.

Won't keep a single person out?
How do you know?

Christ, are you honestly this stupid?

Housing unaccompanied children is not the same in any way as separating families.

I look stupid? You're the idiot that doesn't realize they only take kids away from people that tried to sneak in illegally, can't answer questions correctly about their supposed children, or are on their second attempt to get into our country which is a felony.

If they come through a legal port, apply for asylum, their children are not taken away.

Absolutely, you look dumb as shit.

You tried to equate the housing of unaccompanied children with a policy that results in the separation of families.

I guess comprehension is not your thing. I didn't compare anything. I'm telling you that if they come through a legal port, have not been caught here before illegally, they will not be separated from their kids.

Ever watch the show COPS? When they get into a situation, what's the first thing they do? That's right, they separate everybody. Then they interview each suspect/ witness to see if their stories match up. If they do, fine. If they don't, somebody is lying.

If a so-called parent doesn't know the birthdate of their supposed kid, doesn't know who the father is, doesn't know where they lived before, it's reason to believe the adult is not the parent. In that case, it's reasonable for our border agents to believe the kid is not theirs and could be in danger.

And those children weren't traumatized, huh?

Ohhhh. I get it now. You're not worried about kids being traumatized by being put in cages, you're just worried about them being traumatized by separation of their parents. That certainly makes sense.

Yes, the trauma comes from being separated from their families which makes total sense.

I thought is was just a short period of time. Now you infer it is like jailing a murderer.

'I am glad you assholes think it is OK to torture children so Trump can get his wall . This is how pathetic you people have become. Disgusting poor excuses of human beings & so fucking stupid that Trump dupes you with every lie out of his fat mouth.
10,000 underage kids without their parents were picked up illegally crossing the border. What would you have us do with them? They were accompanied with unrelated smugglers. DNA test confer no relations. Should we allow them in because they are underage?

I guess to a low life total piece of shit like you, these are not cruel & unusual?
A shame we don't toss the whole family into prison with the criminal parent. Is that what you want?

First of all, the illegal crossing is a misdemeanor offense. Many requesting asylum.

These are not criminal parents. These are parents looking for a better life for their children.

Thank you. that what these imbeciles are too stupid to know. Plus, they keep saying that criminals are separated from their children, but these people haven't had a trial and declared guilty. they're just thrown into jail without even being charged for anything. Andlike you said, this is a misdemeanor, not a felony, so they should not be going to jail at all.

I want every one of them who think we're handling these children humanely to go down there and live in that tent for a few days in 100 degree weather, then come back and still say that.

So you go out to a bar tonight and get drunk. On the way home you get busted and charged with a DUI. Do you think the cops will take you home to be with your kids or do they throw you in jail?

Well, I've never had that happen, but know some that have, and here, they let you go the same day/night as long as someone sober comes to get you.

I don't know where you live, but over here, you need to stay in jail until at least the next day no matter if somebody picks you up or not. You also have to post bail first. A woman I lived with got a DUI. I couldn't just pick her up, and both her kids were in their early teens at the time. When I picked her up the next day, she had to get a bail bondsman to pay the bail before they even considered it.

He and Sessions have actually said this. And, what these idiots don't realize is it is their taxes that will go to build that useless wall that won't keep anyone out. How many of them are here daily whining about where their taxes are going, but now all of a sudden, they don't seem to care that it will be pissed away on something that has no chance of succeeding.

It's successful in many other places where walls or fences are built.

Taxes go up? Don't make me laugh. Do you know what the entire project would cost? It would cost less than one half of what we spend on food stamps in just one single year. That's it.

You are being manipulated by your own people. If the wall would not work, wouldn't the best thing for the Democrats to do is let Republicans have it to prove to the public it doesn't work and their money wasted? Of course it would. But there are two reasons they are so against it they were even willing to shut the government down:

One, it will work, and Democrats fear the great results after it's built.

Two, unlike policies that Democrats can change once in power again, a wall will be there forever. They can't change that, especially if the results are very positive. It would be political suicide for them to spend another 30 billion ripping it down if it was very successful.

That's the real reason they don't want the wall.

This plan Trump devised to take children away from those coming here is obviously the worst possible idea. To do this as a deterrent.

Where are the Republican Senators, Representatives?

Where are the any Republicans?

Sitting & doing nothing will reverberate in November.

They will let Donald Trump perform one of the worst acts a government has ever done to families & children. Done purposefully to force pain & despair onto infants & toddlers in order to enforce a policy.

Shame on easch & every one of the,. Shame on each & every one of the posters that agree with this disaster.

You will all rot in Hell in this afront against God, nature & the United States of America.

Fuck you people, Fuck those Republicans, Fuck Jeffv Sessions, fuck Donald Trump for lowering this country to the level of countries we used to rail against their human rights.
You tell 'em, little Snowflake...

We are sending a message to your little Beaner Buddies.

This plan Trump devised to take children away from those coming here is obviously the worst possible idea. To do this as a deterrent.

They will let Donald Trump perform one of the worst acts a government has ever done to families & children. Done purposefully to force pain & despair onto infants & toddlers in order to enforce a policy.

Shame on easch & every one of the,. Shame on each & every one of the posters that agree with this disaster.

You will all rot in Hell in this afront against God, nature & the United States of America.

Fuck you people, Fuck those Republicans, Fuck Jeffv Sessions, fuck Donald Trump for lowering this country to the level of countries we used to rail against their human rights.
Fuck you. We're a nation of laws. Blame the parents for putting their children in jeopardy by breaking our laws.

Our police ignore laws every day. Few (if any) get a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit; the feds have ignored states allowing the selling pot when it is against federal law, the President routinely signs "signing statements" stating that this law will not be enforced in some cases.

But for some reason, we want to put kids who are no threat to our nation in any way shape or form in lockdown for 22 hours a day?

Well, you've certainly now completely obliterated the lie that one way you're not a Democrat is you believe in border security ...

Ease that trauma.
Keep them with their parents while shipping them to Tierra del Fuego

That was the policy before. I have no problem with that. If they are denied asylum, the same.
That was the policy before. I have no problem with that.

Me neither. Fingerprint them. Take pictures and DNA and turn them right back around with their kids.
If they agree, they can be gone in 24 hours.
If they decide they still want asylum, sorry, kids are separate.

Why is the separation necessary?

I look stupid? You're the idiot that doesn't realize they only take kids away from people that tried to sneak in illegally, can't answer questions correctly about their supposed children, or are on their second attempt to get into our country which is a felony.

If they come through a legal port, apply for asylum, their children are not taken away.

Absolutely, you look dumb as shit.

You tried to equate the housing of unaccompanied children with a policy that results in the separation of families.

I guess comprehension is not your thing. I didn't compare anything. I'm telling you that if they come through a legal port, have not been caught here before illegally, they will not be separated from their kids.

Ever watch the show COPS? When they get into a situation, what's the first thing they do? That's right, they separate everybody. Then they interview each suspect/ witness to see if their stories match up. If they do, fine. If they don't, somebody is lying.

If a so-called parent doesn't know the birthdate of their supposed kid, doesn't know who the father is, doesn't know where they lived before, it's reason to believe the adult is not the parent. In that case, it's reasonable for our border agents to believe the kid is not theirs and could be in danger.

I guess comprehension is not your thing. I didn't compare anything.

You did, liar.

Open the quote boxes and note, in red, your dopey link in response to mine regarding trump policy.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Living in a dorm......how dreadful.

Now let's get these illegal aliens the fuck out of here, quickly.

First of all, the illegal crossing is a misdemeanor offense.

Let's up it to a felony.

Only a fool who is a fiscal conservative would seek to make this offense a fel
Did ya miss the statement from Trump this morning that "he hates it"??? Of course you don't. You were watching Morning Joe play footsie with Mika while she mugged pain for the cameras.

It started as a court decision that children had to be OUT of detention in less than 30 days. And the Obama administration wrote an order to comply. It's not a "trump thing".. He doesn't like it either.

But in reality, you'd need a Trump Resort and Golf course to HOLD them all "as families". Even if you didn't KNOW if they were REALLY family because they're showing up with NO documentation or paperwork. That's not MY FAULT. But to a bleeding heart, just hiking your ass over the border with no ID, no passport, no birth records, no photo ID, no real forwarding address isn't a problem..

Bleeding hearts are good, callous hearts are bad.

No amount of spin will ever make the Trump Doctrine good, Christian or moral, He is depraved, and his lips say one thing his feet won't do.

Bleeding hearts never trouble-shoot real human problems and do the hard work of finding the root causes. They tend to simply demand immediate band-aids get slapped on gaping nasty wounds. That's what our immigration policy is. A festering ignored self-inflicted wound and YOUR tribe just wants to dab at it around the edges with ribbons and bows and feel good gestures.

Once again.. The UNDERLYING problem is 1500 individuals (or family groups) being detained at the border EVERY DAY -- after waltzing their asses and possibly child asses over the border with NO documentation, no birth records, no passport, no picture IDs, and not "taking a number". THEN -- they need lawyers, court dates, investigations in a foreign land that could take 3 to 6 MONTHS to resolve.

That can't be sustained. FIX THE FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES. Don't feather the beds.

2 to 3 TIMES that number are actually crossing the border every day.

STATEMENT:

"Bleeding hearts never trouble-shoot real human problems and do the hard work of finding the root causes"

BULLSHIT

CALLOUS DISREGARD FOR WOMEN WITH CHILDREN IS IMMORAL AND DEPLORABLE. A BLEEDING HEART, I.E., HAVING EMPATHY, IS A NATURAL HUMAN REACTION TO TRUMP'S REIGN OF TERROR.

TRUMP, SESSIONS AND EVERY MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT WHO DO NOT STAND UP AND SAY "ENOUGH!" ARE CALLOUS & SELF SERVING, AS ARE EVERY MEMBER OF THE CONGRESS WHO DOES NOT OBJECT TO THIS FORM OF TERRORISM, AND THIS GOES FOR THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT TRUMP AND HIS DESPOTIC BEHAVIOR.

Not bullshit.. Building more hospital beds doesn't fix epidemics. Giving free rehab doesn't fix opium addiction. And upping the accomodations for immigration detention to CITY SCALE resorts --- is not gonna fix immigration problems.

Do you ever think before you post? Epidemics are contagious, and building more secure hospital beds and using quarantine methods will end them; separating small children from their parents is not the fix, simple solutions to complex issues may fool some of the same people all of the time, but not anyone who thinks sagaciously and panoptically.

You're just not getting it. The UNDERLYING issues are the cause of massive temporary detentions and sheer daunting numbers involved here. And the PERIPHERAL issues of how minors are detained are the SYMPTOMS of the disease. Not addressing the root causes. Only interested in pumping emotions over cases and conditions we don't truly understand. These children are being separated for ONLY 3 reasons.

1) There is an imminent danger to the kid. They've been dragged up from Cent. America in horrid and dangerous conditions. They may require medical or psych attention..

2) There is doubt about the custodial relationship between the kid and the "relative" and no paperwork. THOUSANDS of kids being kidnapped and sold to border crashers as their "golden ticket" into America. Testing and investigation is required before any "reunification".

3) The "guardian" is being prosecuted for legal offenses connected with this or previous entries into USA.

That's why only 500 or so incidents of this practice are recorded since Trump took office. And similar frequency under the Obama Admin.

FIX THE FUNDAMENTALS.. Change the law. Because the law going back to the mid 90s says (or has been interpreted in the courts as saying) that minors MAY NOT BE DETAINED in General Detention populations for more than 20 days. They are not even RETAINED by INS/ICE. They go off to HHS for temporary shelter.

Ease that trauma.

That was the policy before. I have no problem with that. If they are denied asylum, the same.

Me neither. Fingerprint them. Take pictures and DNA and turn them right back around with their kids.

Can't leave children with people who may not be their parents.
Can't leave children in custody with adults.

I don't know where you live, but over here, you need to stay in jail until at least the next day no matter if somebody picks you up or not. You also have to post bail first. A woman I lived with got a DUI. I couldn't just pick her up, and both her kids were in their early teens at the time. When I picked her up the next day, she had to get a bail bondsman to pay the bail before they even considered it.

I'm in NC

Of course it's not cruel & unusual. It's the law - same as what's been done for years, and the housing is very comfortable for the kids.

If you have a complaint with the LAW, call your Congressman. Don't go around stupidly blaming people in the Executive branch (who don't make these laws)

Kids were separated from their parents when Obama was president too. Only difference is they were treated lousy then, Now they are well cared for. Another triumph for Trump.

Well cared for? Have you seen the tents they put up to "care" for these children? It's on the TX, Mexico border where the temps are about 100 degrees outside and who knows inside.

No wonder he pardoned that sadist Joe, he's just like him. But these are innocent children and not criminals.

Those kids either were SENT by their parents -- ALONE -- from Central America to face all kinds of danger and suffering. Including riding the "Death Trains" thru Mexico with LITTLE provisions or ability to relax or sleep. Or a relative or a child smuggler brought them thru the same grueling process.

It's the most comfortable, stable, clean, safe place they've been in months.

If they are alone -- they should not have come. Uncle Sam is the world's WORST foster parent.

Ease that trauma.

but that destroys the narrative

Ease that trauma.

but that destroys the narrative

Logic often does that to liberal claims.

The "plan" that has been in place since 2006, you lying fuck?

You Communists are ugly and evil. You don't care about children, you never let out a peep while Barry Da Fairy was in office. You're just scumbag demagogues.
Your stupidity is endless.

There was no such plan.

Plan liar?

It's not a "plan" scumbag, it's US Law.

Remember last week when you Stalinist fucks circulated that picture of "Trump putting kids in cages?"

iu

Uh yeah, that was little gay Barry, you lying fuck.

Having WHO'S children taken, commie fuck? The Coyote's and Pimps?

You're outraged that children are being taken from the sexual exploitation of human trafficking?

Wonder if that ever actually happens, Herr Goebbels?

But you know what DOES happen, children in Guatemala and Nicaragua are sold as sexual slaves by their parents to pimps who bring them to America to traffic them - with the approval and praise of you democrats.

Not bullshit.. Building more hospital beds doesn't fix epidemics. Giving free rehab doesn't fix opium addiction. And upping the accomodations for immigration detention to CITY SCALE resorts --- is not gonna fix immigration problems.

So @wrycatcher -- Seems you think that ALL of those analogies are good effective SINGULAR solutions to complex solutions. Right?

City scale resorts ought to FIX the inhumanity of our massive triage at the border --- right? That way, mom and kid could learn how to dive at the pool while they are waiting 3 months for INS to play hide and seek with all their NON EXISTENT paperwork.

Forum List

Back