Where Has This Obama Been Hiding??

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This is the Obama so many folks have yearned for.

Many of us wish for a different foreign policy Obama...or domestic, political Obama....but, the human being who spoke the following words is what we all wish for in our Presidents.

1." President Obama on Sunday summoned the graduates of historically black Morehouse College to “transform the way we think about manhood,” urging the young men to avoid the temptation to make excuses and to take responsibility for their families and their communities.

2. ...“special obligation” he feels as a black man to help those left behind.

3. “There but for the grace of God, I might be in their shoes,” Obama said. “I might have been in prison. I might have been unemployed. I might not have been able to support a family — and that motivates me.”

4. [He] reflected on the absence of his father growing up, noting that he was raised by a “heroic single mother” and urged the young graduates not to shrink from their family responsibilities.

a. “My whole life, I’ve tried to be for Michelle and my girls what my father wasn’t for my mother and me,” Obama said. “I want to break that cycle — where a father’s not at home, where a father’s not helping to raise that son and daughter. I want to be a better father, a better husband, a better man.”

5. He paid tribute to Martin Luther King Jr., a Morehouse alumnus, noting that King’s education there “helped to forge the intellect, the discipline, the compassion, the soul force that would transform America.”

6. “Laws and hearts and minds have been changed to the point where someone who looks just like you can somehow come to serve as president of these United States.”

7. Obama said that too many young black men make “bad choices.”

“Growing up, I made quite a few myself,” Obama said. “Sometimes I wrote off my own failings as just another example of the world trying to keep a black man down. I had a tendency to make excuses for me not doing the right thing.”

8. “We’ve got no time for excuses.”

9. ....with millions of young people from China and India and Brazil, many of whom started with a whole lot less than all of you did, all of them entering the global workforce alongside you, nobody is going to give you anything you haven’t earned,” he said. “Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was. Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination.”

10. ....whatever you’ve gone through, it pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured — and if they overcame them, you can overcome them, too.”
Obama gets personal about race and manhood in Morehouse speech - The Washington Post

Wonderful, inspiring speech....one we should all make to our children.

In it there is the promise so many saw in Barack Obama.

God bless.

I applaud the positives in his speech.

He should speak that way more often and lots more successful black people should join with him. Bang that drum often and loudly, beat the message home to young black kids over and over again. It's a battle for their minds between voices like these vs. voices of the race pimps and other scum peddling their lazy victimhood b.s. to the ignorant masses.

We as a so called Christian nation should learn to forgive those that have made wrong choices to inspire hope in society.

I applaud the positives in his speech.

He should speak that way more often and lots more successful black people should join with him. Bang that drum often and loudly, beat the message home to young black kids over and over again. It's a battle for their minds between voices like these vs. voices of the race pimps and other scum peddling their lazy victimhood b.s. to the ignorant masses.

Heck....that was a great speech to be directed to every race, everybody....

I heard a lot of that growing up....bet a lot of us did.

Forum List

Back