Where is the Christian compassion for immigrant children?

Has anybody else noticed that PMH never really says anything?

He's reminding me of a couple of other posters in that...

Sorry, that link doesn't work for me.
I'm sure that it doesn't since it's not a work of right-wing fiction, even though it is written by right-wingers.

Yeah, I managed to get to it..and of course there's absolutely nothing in it that supports your statement.

Which is why you didn't quote it.

I doubt you read past the first couple of sentences, in fact.

The Congress shall have Power To ...raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years....
Article I, Section 8, Clause 12

And I didn't need to read it, I know it. A Standing Army is unconstitutional.

This will help you: What Would A Constitutional Military Look Like? | Peace . Gold . LOVE

Hell. Where's the Christian Compassion for we taxpayers who will get hosed to support these non-Americans who have no business in the US??

I'm sick of paying for the military. Big deal...

The one thing that taxes are specifically supposed to fund.
Did you know we aren't supposed to have a Standing Army? It's unconstitutional.

Guide to the Constitution

The Congress of the Confederation officially created the United States Army on 3 June 1784.
Our Constitution - 1787.
I'm sure they knew if it was unconstitutional or not since they wrote it.

After the Revolutionary war, the Continental Army was quickly given land certificates and disbanded in a reflection of the republican distrust of standing armies. State militias became the new nation's sole ground army, with the exception of a regiment to guard the Western Frontier and one battery of artillery guarding West Point's arsenal.

Because of continuing conflict with Native Americans, it was soon realized that it was necessary to field a trained standing army. The Regular Army was at first very small, and after General St. Clair's defeat at the Battle of the Wabash, the Regular Army was reorganized as the Legion of the United States, which was established in 1791 and renamed the "United States Army" in 1796.

I'm sure that it doesn't since it's not a work of right-wing fiction, even though it is written by right-wingers.

Yeah, I managed to get to it..and of course there's absolutely nothing in it that supports your statement.

Which is why you didn't quote it.

I doubt you read past the first couple of sentences, in fact.

The Congress shall have Power To ...raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years....
Article I, Section 8, Clause 12

And I didn't need to read it, I know it. A Standing Army is unconstitutional.

This will help you: What Would A Constitutional Military Look Like? | Peace . Gold . LOVE

That is not what it says.. Though it doesn't surprise me that you would draw that conclusion.

I can't believe he actually admitted he didn't read the article that he cited as evidence of his stupidity.

Hell. Where's the Christian Compassion for we taxpayers who will get hosed to support these non-Americans who have no business in the US??

There is no compassion for the American taxpayer, or your children, or your grandchildren.

I've said the "Christians" here are ignoring the teachings of Jesus. That should be enough for you.

Really??

I would love to see where the scripture says that we are suppose to aid those who have broken the law.
Where's the scripture that says such a thing matters? Is that in the Gospel of Fuck You Child of God?

And you aren't aiding them, although you are supposed to, your tax dollars and your government are, neither of which are any business of a Christian according to Jesus.

I've said the "Christians" here are ignoring the teachings of Jesus. That should be enough for you.

Really??

I would love to see where the scripture says that we are suppose to aid those who have broken the law.
Where's the scripture that says such a thing matters? Is that in the Gospel of Fuck You Child of God?

And you aren't aiding them, although you are supposed to, your tax dollars and your government are, neither of which are any business of a Christian according to Jesus.

"Render unto Caesar........" about covers all that.

Really??

"Render unto Caesar........" about covers all that.

That covers payment to the government not payment back to it's poor citizens who aren't Caesar.

Huummmm......Seems there is a christian group that is going to the border to help the children.
I've just donated...What have you done today to help the children???

Glenn Beck on Tuesday announced that he will be bringing tractor-trailers full of food, water, teddy bears and soccer balls to McAllen, Texas on July 19 as a way to help care for some of the roughly 60,000 underage refugees who have crossed into America illegally in 2014.

Beck said he will be joined by Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah), Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), and a number of pastors and rabbis.

“Through no fault of their own, they are caught in political crossfire,” Beck said of the children. “And while we continue to put pressure on Washington and change its course of lawlessness, we must also help. It is not either, or. It is both. We have to be active in the political game, and we must open our hearts.”

?We Must Open Our Hearts?: Glenn Beck Announces Major Border Event in Texas | Video | TheBlaze.com

I'll donate to deport them all.
I want them deported also. Beck has been very clear that he wants All Of them sent back. But they are here and we cannot harden out hearts as difficult as it is.

It's easy to be charitable when you agree with the cause. It's growth when you give even when you don't want to but know it's the Right thing to do.
I am in NO WAY willing to budge on letting these kids stay. But they are here and in need. I'm willing to help them and send them back to wherever they came from.
And I'll donate even more to the fund that sends them home ASAP :lol:

Obama and his supporters OWN this. Do Not try to lay this on the conservatives...
You built this ~ Now own it ~~~

Really??

Can't find the scripture to support your claim?

Why am I not surprised? So far today you've made other claims that have been proven wrong. What's one more?

Seriously, where the hell is it? America is a nation of immigrants. America is also a Christian nation according to many rightwingers. So, where is that Christian compassion?

Sounds like you're the one to answer the questions in this OP:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/363973-what-about-the-children.html
There are many asking, regarding the border crisis, "what about the children?"

Fair question. But these questions cannot be reduced to new obligations on the part of the people of the United States without asking the below questions to those quick to condemn the rest of us:

1. Did the parents of the migrant children ask, "what about the children", when they abandoned many of them at the border?

2. Did President Obama ask, "what about the children" of America's struggling parents just trying to survive this awful recession, before he decided to unilaterally and unconstitutionally change immigration law and divert our resources to the citizens of other countries?

3. Did congressional Democrats and Republicans ask "what about the children" of Baltimore, whose government has broken every promise to them of safety, security, and access to economic opportunity, before they sought to house illegal immigrants in their community, using their scarce tax-dollars, and against their wishes?

4. And, finally, has anyone asked "what about the children", if we continue to pretend that an open-ended welfare state without secure borders, will eventually collapse under a mountain of debt, leaving the children with nothing but a history lesson about what America once was?

Remember, immigration is a process and what is happening on the southern border is not immigration, it is policy-induced chaos.

What do you say?

Well, Lakhota? Still waiting for your answers. Seriously.

Last edited:

There is an army of Christians who want to help.
The administration is not letting them help.
'Army of Christians' Ready to Help Migrant Children - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

At the annual meeting of the Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas this month, leaders from 1,100 congregations expressed concern for the safety and salvation of these children, as well as frustration over their lack of access.

Although Baptist leaders have worked with the Obama administration for weeks, they've not received any clear guidance as to what role churches will be able to play in ministering to the unaccompanied children

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Unless of course they are Latino and smelly...:eusa_hand:

The inscription is not a suicide note.

There is an army of Christians who want to help.
The administration is not letting them help.
'Army of Christians' Ready to Help Migrant Children - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

At the annual meeting of the Hispanic Baptist Convention of Texas this month, leaders from 1,100 congregations expressed concern for the safety and salvation of these children, as well as frustration over their lack of access.

Although Baptist leaders have worked with the Obama administration for weeks, they've not received any clear guidance as to what role churches will be able to play in ministering to the unaccompanied children
Those are something like actual Christians, not those here.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Unless of course they are Latino and smelly...:eusa_hand:

The inscription is not a suicide note.
Suicide? What utter drama queens you guys are.

Forum List

Back