Where were the Republicans in 2004, when the NAACP was audited?

Basically these organizations come out with ads that attack candidates.

That DOES run AFOUL of the threshold and does become the PRIMARY focus.

Then let the IRS audit their operations once they have some reason to suspect they have "run afoul of the threshold", just as they did with the NAACP. That doesn't excuse them from delaying their formation for what appears to be purely partisan reasons.

You're really grasping at straws, aren't you?

There were very few "delays". These folks were up and running attack ads all through the Presidential campaign.

This might even turn into something beneficial for the country, if these 501(c)s are eliminated or sharply curtailed..and citizen's united is repealed. :clap2:

I admit I am not aware of the ads, but living in Miss we don't have political ads. We're voting gop. (-:

Lol, you mean the same ncaacp that continued a boycott on south carolina. After they got the confederate flag off the state house? Well it failed, ad they lost all creditbility after that.

And that merited an audit?

:eusa_hand:

They don't deserve anything, the organization isn't needed, and no longer looks after the advancement of colored people. They are a joke.

Applying your concept, the NRA is no longer needed either.....

Basically these organizations come out with ads that attack candidates.

That DOES run AFOUL of the threshold and does become the PRIMARY focus.

Then let the IRS audit their operations once they have some reason to suspect they have "run afoul of the threshold", just as they did with the NAACP. That doesn't excuse them from delaying their formation for what appears to be purely partisan reasons.

There were very few "delays". These folks were up and running attack ads all through the Presidential campaign.

This might even turn into something beneficial for the country, if these 501(c)s are eliminated or sharply curtailed..and citizen's united is repealed. :clap2:

Yes, because limiting freedom of speech to those groups you agree with is certainly beneficial to the country.:cuckoo:

I have no problem with having a national discussion about the propriety of 501 (C) (4) entities in general - but I do have a problem with preventing the formation of one subset of entities because of their political ideology, whether left or right.

Yes, because limiting freedom of speech to those groups you agree with is certainly beneficial to the country.:cuckoo:

I have no problem with having a national discussion about the propriety of 501 (C) (4) entities in general - but I do have a problem with preventing the formation of one subset of entities because of their political ideology, whether left or right.

Totally and absolutely agree.

After their president chairman Bush?

USATODAY.com - NAACP in hot water over speech

Feel free.

I am sure the conservatives were in an uproar about that!

:eusa_eh: Right?

You left out the part that NAACP made a possible endorsement of John Kerry.
IRS did drop the case.
Big difference from what has just happened.
IRS did not ask the NAACP members for their personal informantion like they just did to Tea Party and Patriots organizations.

They investigated for 2 years. And you know they didn't ask for private information, how, exactly?

I don't remember liberals giving a rat's ass about that then. Well that is until now.

IRS did drop the case.
IRS did not ask the NAACP members for their personal informantion like they just did to Tea Party and Patriots organizations.

They investigated for 2 years. And you know they didn't ask for private information, how, exactly?

I don't remember liberals giving a rat's ass about that then. Well that is until now.

I just googled "IRS investigates NAACP" LOTS of liberals talking about it in forums back then. But......if YOU didn't see it, I guess it didn't happen, eh?

Feel free.

IRS did drop the case.

The issue was about politics and money.
NAACP IRS Audit | Center for Effective Government
It wasn't just NAACP at the time either.
Of the 131 cases the PIP committee reviewed, 10 were dismissed because they did not involve partisan political activities. Of the remaining 121 cases, the committee found that 80 warranted further investigation based on a reasonable belief that a violation may have occurred or that examination would lead to discovery of a violation. Of these 80 organizations, 34 are religious. The report found that slightly more pro-Republican groups than pro-Democratic groups were in the pool selected for further investigation.

NAACP never brought up that their members who contributed money to them wanted their personal information like they did here.

black POTUS and black DOJ pull dirty tricks on white political action group that the sitting POTUS stated were his political enemies.

stop the presses

no racism here.

move along

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the tax-exempt status of the nation's oldest civil rights organization, saying criticism of President Bush at the NAACP's national convention in July may have violated rules against partisan activity.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond says about the IRS probe: "We intend to fight this with every resource we have."
By Henry Koshollek, The Capital Times file

In a letter dated Oct. 8, the IRS said it had "received information" that NAACP Chairman Julian Bond "condemned the administration policies of George W. Bush on education, the economy and the war in Iraq" in a July 11 speech.

Feel free.

How are they tax exempt? It's an arm of the democrat party. Hell even the NRA supports democrats, the NAACP wont even support black republicans

black POTUS and black DOJ pull dirty tricks on white political action group that the sitting POTUS stated were his political enemies.

stop the presses

no racism here.

move along

Are you saying those PACs only had white people in them?

I'm sure they dressed in their finest white robes while attending the weekly cross-burning and discussed it. <-----Sarcasm intended.

You do know the KKK was started by Dems ..:cuckoo:

Defeated southern soldiers formed it's first incarnation in response to the Reconstruction Acts. Once the Union Armies left the South it faded away as the new social order of seperate and unequal evolved. When it was revived in the early 1900's White folks of both parties joined in huge numbers.

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service is reviewing the tax-exempt status of the nation's oldest civil rights organization, saying criticism of President Bush at the NAACP's national convention in July may have violated rules against partisan activity.

NAACP Chairman Julian Bond says about the IRS probe: "We intend to fight this with every resource we have."
By Henry Koshollek, The Capital Times file

In a letter dated Oct. 8, the IRS said it had "received information" that NAACP Chairman Julian Bond "condemned the administration policies of George W. Bush on education, the economy and the war in Iraq" in a July 11 speech.

Feel free.

How are they tax exempt? It's an arm of the democrat party. Hell even the NRA supports democrats, the NAACP wont even support black republicans

Never ever?

I'm sure they dressed in their finest white robes while attending the weekly cross-burning and discussed it. <-----Sarcasm intended.

Yes it was....a long time ago because the Republicans were the Party of Lincoln and Reconstruction.

BUT...in the 1960s, when the Democrats supported and LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, Southern Segregationists ditched the Democrats and joined the Republicans. Their love of Segregation overrode their loyalty to political party.

You didn't know this?

Yes it was....a long time ago because the Republicans were the Party of Lincoln and Reconstruction.

BUT...in the 1960s, when the Democrats supported and LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, Southern Segregationists ditched the Democrats and joined the Republicans. Their love of Segregation overrode their loyalty to political party.

You didn't know this?

Nope, we already had a thread on this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODaxZSz3Awg]Obama faces racism in West Virginia -- Finally the truth!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Still pretty confused about this.

Where was the outrage back then?

There is a big difference b/w the NAACP and the Tea Party. One, the Tea Party never endorsed anyone for political office and the NAACP has, which is a violation of the Charitable tax exemption law.

If Citizen United is repealed the Democrats will lose 95% of Union contributions and 48% of corporate contributions. Just who will get hurt the most?

And that merited an audit?

:eusa_hand:

They don't deserve anything, the organization isn't needed, and no longer looks after the advancement of colored people. They are a joke.

:lol:

Quite obviously they still are needed.

Since you have folks like Rand Paul questioning the validity of the civil rights act. :cuckoo:

The only reason the NAACP is needed is to shore up the egos of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Beyond that they are very racist by nature.

You didn't know this?

To be fair it was passed with a combination of Northern Democrats and Northern Repubicans. Southern Democrats and Southern Republicans voted against it, mostly.

I'm sure they dressed in their finest white robes while attending the weekly cross-burning and discussed it. *<-----Sarcasm intended.
yes it was....a long time ago because the Republicans were the Party of Lincoln and Reconstruction.BUT...in the 1960s, when the Democrats supported and LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, Southern Segregationists ditched the Democrats and joined the Republicans. * Their love of Segregation overrode their loyalty to political party.
You didn't know this?

Bullshit. The democrats were dead set against the original civil rights act written by republicans. But they saw the riots and the turmoil so they then drafted their own bill. Kennedy LBJ were racists.

And the myth that the Dixiecrats became republicans is false as well.*

Out of the 26 Dixiecrats only 3 became republicans 23 of them went back to being democrats.*

Democrats were smart politicians and have always been better at catch phrases and re writing history but the facts are that republicans have helped blacks 1000% more than racist democrats.*

And look where blacks are now since becoming democrats.*

Before becoming democrats

From 1900 to 1954, blacks were more active than whites in the labor market. Until about 1960, black male labor force participation in every age group was equal to or greater than that of whites.

After *becoming democrats has helped blacks.*

" Black unemployment has been double that of white Americans for more than 50 years. The black youth unemployment rate is more than 40 percent nationally. In some cities, unemployment for black working-age males is more than 50 percent.

Walter E. Williams Column: Black Unemployment | NewsBusters

I will re post this all night long.*

Learn some history, or quit lying, the clan was all about democrats.

How about you up your 8th grade education and understand it was the southern democrats, who are now represented by the republicans. Ignorance leads to bad things and when you think like you do, you might as well be brain dead. If the Kkk was democrats why do all Kkk members align with the current Republican Party and why is the Kkk platform the same as the republican platform and also why is the south not solid blue? Get a brain you dumb fuck. I bet you can't explain or answer any of the things I just pointed out.

Forum List

Back