Where's the Crash?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I have been writing calls, raising money so I could buy when either the Brexit or trade war went south crashing the market. And now the trade war has gone south so where is that damned crash that we were promised?

I have been writing calls, raising money so I could buy when either the Brexit or trade war went south crashing the market. And now the trade war has gone south so where is that damned crash that we were promised?
/——/ Piglosi and Upchuck Schumer failed to deliver the crash.

The markets & the economy will tank right before the next guy strolls into The White House ala G. W. Bush's gift to Obama.

Trump will do the same; Trump will hand off a smelly turd to the next guy walking in the door.

It's the new GOP tradition. Thanks George ........

Nancy and Chuck and the media are working on it....just give em some time....

The markets & the economy will tank right before the next guy strolls into The White House ala G. W. Bush's gift to Obama.

Trump will do the same; Trump will hand off a smelly turd to the next guy walking in the door.

I've been saying the same for the longest.

It's how Republican policies tend to manifest.

Here I was hoping for a chance to buy really cheap. I've got 15 issues in my watchlist with dividend yields in the double digits and I am 25% in cash waiting for the crash I am officially bummed out.

happy news all markets are declining. Given the amount of money fleeing China and Europe for here that's a big deal.

Here I was hoping for a chance to buy really cheap. I've got 15 issues in my watchlist with dividend yields in the double digits and I am 25% in cash waiting for the crash I am officially bummed out.
IMO the crash is still far away. Follow the economic data and the jobs data. Both are strong now, when those start to turn, especially the jobs, the crash is coming.

Jeffrey Gundlach has a system of using unemployment moving averages to predict crashes.

Trumps policies of massive insane government borrowing to create a debt fueled pop in the economy are doing just that, this is unsustainable and will result in a big crash just like Bush. For now enjoy the pop while it lasts.

Bush did the same thing. Bush inherited a surplus and he squandered it on stupidity leaving a country/economy in ruin with massive permanent deficits.... and a lot of excuses from the GOP as to why it wasn't their fault when it 100% was.

Great question.

IMO, it’s not gonna happen for many years.

So long as the markets have confidence in the Fed...they can keep bailing out the economy for many years.
Just look at Japan - their central bank is MUCH farther down the ’prop up’ road. They have been buying stocks directly through ETF’s for years. So the Fed has a LONG WAY TO GO.

Remember, the Fed basically bought AIG rather then let their buddies fail. So them buying up corporations, printing trillions and trillions of dollars and/or negative interest rates are still in their arsenal.

And since Congress is fine with the Fed - I predict you will not see a true crash for at least 5-10 years...if then.

The Fed simply won’t let it happen.

Contrary to popular belief - the government has not run the economy since 2007/8 - the Fed has.

BTW - I DESPISE the Fed. What they are doing is propping up a bubble that when it collapses will probably make the Great Recession look like a picnic.

Last edited:

Great question.

So long as the markets have confidence in the Fed...they can keep bailing out the economy for many years.
Just look at Japan - their central bank is MUCH farther down the ’prop up’ road. They have been buying stocks directly through ETF’s for years. So the Fed has a LONG WAY TO GO.

Remember, the Fed basically bought AIG rather then let their buddies fail. So them buying up corporations, printing trillions and trillions of dollars and/or negative interest rates are still in their arsenal.

And since Congress is fine with the Fed - I predict you will not see a true crash for at least 5-10 years...if then.

Contrary to popular belief - the government has not run the economy since 2007/8 - the Fed has.

BTW - I DESPISE the Fed. What they are doing is propping up a bubble that when it collapses will probably make the Great Recession look like a picnic.

BTW - I DESPISE the Fed. What they are doing is propping up a bubble

The Fed hasn't grown their balance sheet since Oct 2014.
Since October 2017, the balance sheet is down $600 billion.

What are they currently doing to prop up a bubble?

IMO the crash is still far away. Follow the economic data and the jobs data. Both are strong now, when those start to turn, especially the jobs, the crash is coming.

Jeffrey Gundlach has a system of using unemployment moving averages to predict crashes.

Trumps policies of massive insane government borrowing to create a debt fueled pop in the economy are doing just that, this is unsustainable and will result in a big crash just like Bush. For now enjoy the pop while it lasts.

Bush did the same thing. Bush inherited a surplus and he squandered it on stupidity leaving a country/economy in ruin with massive permanent deficits.... and a lot of excuses from the GOP as to why it wasn't their fault when it 100% was.

The 2008 global currency correction was a whole hell of a lot bigger than one party or even one country....it was also more or less inevitable and was forecast accurately for several years apolitically by astute economists. We aren't anywhere near such a condition presently.

Jo

Great question.

BTW - I DESPISE the Fed. What they are doing is propping up a bubble

The Fed hasn't grown their balance sheet since Oct 2014.
Since October 2017, the balance sheet is down $600 billion.

What are they currently doing to prop up a bubble?

For a change the FED is actually doing a pretty good job of looking after the connection between Fiat and real asset.

Jo

I've been saying the same for the longest.

It's how Republican policies tend to manifest.

What did Obama do besides failed ACA and the stimulus scam?

Or are you just arguing that non intervention (otherwise) into markets is the way to go?

Forum List

Back