Which House will have authorized the most spending...the 115th or the 116th?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
Remember..."the House controls the purse strings" and that whole bit.
I'm curious, does anyone have the projections handy?

That is just a bullshit excuse you Trump worshipers use to avoid Trump getting any blame the more than 3 trillion added to the deficit under his watch.

Not a dime gets spent without the Senate's consent and the President's approval.

That is just a bullshit excuse you Trump worshipers use to avoid Trump getting any blame the more than 3 trillion added to the deficit under his watch.

Not a dime gets spent without the Senate's consent and the President's approval.

I blame Trump for signing the bill. He should have shut down the government and fired all NON ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES.

It’s the cword Dimm House who passed the fucking Bill.

I say it all the time, spending should be cut in half immediately, but that serves the long term, in the short term, the fat greedy fuck politicians on both sides of the aisle have strapped on the feed bag and many in this country love the free shit from our welfare state.

When you blame Trump for signing the budgets, I wonder if HIllary would have rejected the budgets.

I blame Trump for signing the bill. He should have shut down the government and fired all NON ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES.

I say it all the time, spending should be cut in half immediately, but that serves the long term, in the short term, the fat greedy fuck politicians on both sides of the aisle have strapped on the feed bag and many in this country love the free shit from our welfare state.

When you blame Trump for signing the budgets, I wonder if HIllary would have rejected the budgets.

Yes, the Dems House passes the Bill, but so does the Repub Senate. Nothing get to Trump till both of them pass it.

Have you noticed that Trump no longer even pretends to complain about the bills, he just signs them and brags about them.

Of course Hillary would not have,but when your best defense of Trump is "well, Hillary would have done it also..." that should tell you something.

Oh come on...one of our resident bean counters has to have the numbers...no?
g5000 Mac1958 Golfing Gator where ya at?

upload_2019-12-27_7-12-40.png

Yes, the Dems House passes the Bill, but so does the Repub Senate. Nothing get to Trump till both of them pass it.

Have you noticed that Trump no longer even pretends to complain about the bills, he just signs them and brags about them.

Of course Hillary would not have,but when your best defense of Trump is "well, Hillary would have done it also..." that should tell you something.

It tells me I was 100%correct not to vote for that corrupt evil bitch.

What are you even arguing? You should be glad Trump signed the bill. Are you trying to convince conservatives to be mad at Trump? What’s the goal here? Do you think any conservatives wish they voted for HIllary?

What’s your solution to eradicating the debt? Lay it out for us.

2019 Federal Budget $4.04T (excluding off-budget war spending of ~$525b) or ~$4.529T

Mandatory spending $2.74T
Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b
Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

The 2020 Federal Budget looks like a projected $4.746T adding $1.1T to the Debt

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BUDGET-2020-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2020-BUD-24.pdf
upload_2019-12-27_8-10-47.png

The rosy predictions of the deficit always dropping NEVER happens.

[QUOTE="ColonelAngus, post: 23748661, member: 53683"

What are you even arguing? You should be glad Trump signed the bill. Are you trying to convince conservatives to be mad at Trump? What’s the goal here? Do you think any conservatives wish they voted for HIllary?

What’s your solution to eradicating the debt? Lay it out for us.[/QUOTE]

Why should I be glad Trump is spending my kids and grand kids money so that people like you will be happy with him?

We have no conservatives on this broad and a scant few in the country.

I have two solutions, not that either would ever get enacted.

First is a 3% budget cut across the board for 5 years straight, let each agency choose what to cut but no exemptions and not excuses.

Once we get the 15% cut we then start to make more targeted cuts.

Or my more radical way....

Make it mandatory by law that the budget be signed by a certain day, and once the budget is set determine the difference between the amount to be spent and the projected revenue for the year. Then adjust all taxes on everybody to cover the cost of all spending plus 10% to start paying down the debt. Let people feel the pain of what we are spending instead of kicking it down the road to our kids. Do that once or twice and a shit ton more people would be screaming for spending cuts.

But that will never happen as people like you are ok with spending other people's money.

2019 Federal Budget $4.04T (excluding off-budget war spending of ~$525b) or ~$4.529T

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

View attachment 296880

I wonder what their projected GDP growth is out to 2025.

[QUOTE="ColonelAngus, post: 23748661, member: 53683"

What’s your solution to eradicating the debt? Lay it out for us.

Why should I be glad Trump is spending my kids and grand kids money so that people like you will be happy with him?

We have no conservatives on this broad and a scant few in the country.

I have two solutions, not that either would ever get enacted.

First is a 3% budget cut across the board for 5 years straight, let each agency choose what to cut but no exemptions and not excuses.

Once we get the 15% cut we then start to make more targeted cuts.

Or my more radical way....

Make it mandatory by law that the budget be signed by a certain day, and once the budget is set determine the difference between the amount to be spent and the projected revenue for the year. Then adjust all taxes on everybody to cover the cost of all spending plus 10% to start paying down the debt. Let people feel the pain of what we are spending instead of kicking it down the road to our kids. Do that once or twice and a shit ton more people would be screaming for spending cuts.

But that will never happen as people like you are ok with spending other people's money.[/QUOTE]

People like me, huh?

I advocate shutting down the government, firing all non essential workers den cutting the budget in half.

Your plan is a step in the right direction, but it’s not nearly aggressive enough.

When the music stops, the party in power will be left without a chair and they will be blamed for the depression that follows.

People like me, huh?

I advocate shutting down the government, firing all non essential workers den cutting the budget in half.

Your plan is a step in the right direction, but it’s not nearly aggressive enough.

When the music stops, the party in power will be left without a chair and they will be blamed for the depression that follows.

That is what you say, but your unwavering support of Trump shows a different story.

If Trump wins in 2020 it will happen under him, will you blame him?

1/3 of the country will blame the Dems no matter what.
1/3 of the country will blame the Repubs no matter what.
The rest will blame both as they should.

In the end it does not matter, even the party that gets the blame will be back in power with in a few years...that is the joy of the duopoly.

People like me, huh?

That is what you say, but your unwavering support of Trump shows a different story.

If Trump wins in 2020 it will happen under him, will you blame him?

1/3 of the country will blame the Dems no matter what.
1/3 of the country will blame the Repubs no matter what.
The rest will blame both as they should.

In the end it does not matter, even the party that gets the blame will be back in power with in a few years...that is the joy of the duopoly.

I blame Washington in its entirety. Almost all politicians are corrupt I greedy fucks who work in their own self interests.

Lifetime statists are also an issue. Someone who has worked at the State Department for 40 years is a real problem. Of course they want big government.

Trump isn’t a lifetime POS politician who never had a real job. I don’t mind him breaking some shit in his 8 years. He already exposed of Washington flaws.

I blame Washington in its entirety. Almost all politicians are corrupt I greedy fucks who work in their own self interests.

Lifetime statists are also an issue. Someone who has worked at the State Department for 40 years is a real problem. Of course they want big government.

Trump isn’t a lifetime POS politician who never had a real job. I don’t mind him breaking some shit in his 8 years. He already exposed of Washington flaws.

I agree 100% with your first line.

I do not agree with the second like. I know a lot of Fed employees and have known a lot during my time in the Corps, and most that I knew are just people doing their job trying to provide for their family just like the rest of us.

A funny story...we spent time over Christmas with my wife's family. They are far right wing, hard core Trump supporters who think like you do of government workers. He is an engineer that designs phone and data systems for organizations. He did it for ATT for years and then when they went contractors he got fired and hired the next day by his old boss who was now owned a company that did contracting work for ATT. Turns out for the last 6 months and for the foreseeable future all of his work is for the USDA, which now has a contract with his company. I asked him if it bothered him that his job was now basically that of a fed employee. Of course he did not see it that way, but it is essentially what he is.

Trump may not be a lifetime politician, but he sure as hell has adapted well. With each pass day he acts and talks more and more like. In 2018 we got "I will never sign another bill like this again"...in 2019 we got "this is a great bill that I am proud to be a part of".

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

View attachment 296880

The numbers for GDP are there if you crunch the percent adders.
Looks like a very rosy 4.7% average GPD growth between 2020 and 2025.

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

View attachment 296880

A number we have matched or beaten twice in the 55 years of my life.

This is the problem with government projections.

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

View attachment 296880

A number we have matched or beaten twice in the 55 years of my life.

This is the problem with government projections.

EXACTLY!
The coxuckers keep lying about GDP growth because if they cut entitlements the voters kill them, and if they raise taxes their donors abandon them. So we keep heading for the fiscal cliff. If Medicare goes bankrupt they all get booted.
Maybe we need a ballot survey how to fix the Deficit to give the pols some cover?

Forum List

Back