Which Party Is Out Of Touch?

nope, I would also ban all forms of lobbying (legalized bribery), and cut congressional salaries and staffs by 50% and eliminate the congressional retirement program.

It should be a sacrifice to be in congress, and then you return to your real job.

Dewd..... There HAVE to be lobbyists. Have to be.

Is there nothing in your field of endeavor that couldn't benefit from a government action or inaction?

Of course there is. And I'll tell you what else..... No matter what you do, there is a lobbying group on K Street that is representing your interests.

There HAVE to be lobbyists, otherwise the really, really, really rich, and the really, really, really powerful would be the only ones being heard.

With a lobbyist, everybody gets a chance.

BTW, a lobbyist might represent 20 or more groups of people in one or more industries.

They're not (all) the evil you make them out to be. They are an absolute necessity to a Free People.

Lobbyists are a blight on the American political landscape because only the rich and powerful can afford to grease the skids so to speak. It's one thing to have a paid mouthpiece but when they come bearing expensive toys and vacations it's another. Edit: and don't forget truckloads of cash.
Yeah, we really need to do something about those unions.

Which Party is Out of Touch?

Well, I'd ask "what do "the people" want? What do the polls say? Which party is more likely to support what "the people" want?

Fairly certain that's what we were already talking about . . . unless by "the people" you mean "the stupidest, laziest 5% of the population, and all the Democrats in Washington".

No, I'm talking about polls and what people want our legislators working on. Do you know?

you are going to say the Democrats....i say they will too....as long as there is something in it for them...otherwise you get how they are with you....but it never seems to get done....

I didn't say, I asked. What do people want, who has tried to accomplish what they want and who hasn't?

like you dont mean the Democrats?.....right?....come on Wytch this is Harry your talking too.....and like i said....they will tell you they tried....if they get something out of it....they will do...

So you're saying most people agree with what Democrats want to do? How come it's not happening?

Both parties have rigged the system in order to keep stray voices from being heard. Over the last 100 years they have diligently ensured the extent of their reach.

Both parties must be done away with, and the linear political spectrum Americans have been embroiled into thinking with it. Our modern times call for modern politics, with up to date policies that ensure the basic rights granted in the constitution.

All of which vague blather means . . . what, exactly?

Well, I'd ask "what do "the people" want? What do the polls say? Which party is more likely to support what "the people" want?

Fairly certain that's what we were already talking about . . . unless by "the people" you mean "the stupidest, laziest 5% of the population, and all the Democrats in Washington".

No, I'm talking about polls and what people want our legislators working on. Do you know?

About polls? Yeah, I know a lot about polls, which is why I pay very little attention to them. Not only can an experienced pollster shape the questions to get whatever result they wanted, but it only takes a few minutes of contact with people in modern-day America to realize just how crude and rudimentary their communications skills are, which means their ability to comprehend what they're being asked OR the subjects they're being asked about creates severe limitations.

It DOES, however, create a bright side for politicians in the fact that they're incredibly easy to lie to and fool.

What are the reasons people vote for each party?

People vote for the Democrat party because they want entitlements.

People vote for the Republican party because the country needs the change that the Republican party can give them, cutting spending and lowering the deficit.

So which party is out of touch? The Democrats are so self centered they do not see the big picture of the needs of the country. The Republicans see balancing the budget and lowering the deficit is the answer to the problems.

There is the magic solution which is going to be very hard: protect entitlements (SS and medicare are paid for by taxpayers); lowering the deficit.

Begin with the military industrial complex.

You are a comedy writer aren't you? Tell you what, why don't you list the last Republican president that accomplished the goals you indicated that the Repubs try and follow.

Repubs, lowering the deficit and balancing the budget. LMFAO.

We live in a plutocracy. Deal with it. What you and I want don't matter. Unless it coincides with what the plutocracy wants. And that's doubtful if you understand what a plutocracy is. And isn't.

About polls? Yeah, I know a lot about polls, which is why I pay very little attention to them. Not only can an experienced pollster shape the questions to get whatever result they wanted, but it only takes a few minutes of contact with people in modern-day America to realize just how crude and rudimentary their communications skills are, which means their ability to comprehend what they're being asked OR the subjects they're being asked about creates severe limitations.

It DOES, however, create a bright side for politicians in the fact that they're incredibly easy to lie to and fool.

Ah, so all the polls (and I do mean all of them) saying that people want our legislators to work on jobs and the economy were manipulated for that result eh?

:cuckoo:

Obama has been a massive failure, but the dem/libs will never admit it, they will follow him over the cliff like a bunch of coke sniffing mice.

Hey, how about another "history lesson" -- tell us all about "history" as you understand it.

Both parties have rigged the system in order to keep stray voices from being heard. Over the last 100 years they have diligently ensured the extent of their reach.

Both parties must be done away with, and the linear political spectrum Americans have been embroiled into thinking with it. Our modern times call for modern politics, with up to date policies that ensure the basic rights granted in the constitution.

That he's bored with standing beside the express check-out lane making sure that no one has more than 10 items in their shopping cart.

I love how these people frequent political boards just to tell us that politics doesn't work.

Heard about this poll on Rush. Credit where credit is due.

IBD/TIPP Poll: Democrats Are the Out-of-Touch Extremists - Investors.com

Politics: We keep hearing about how the Republican Party is full of radical Tea Party crazies. But our latest IBD/TIPP Poll shows that it's Democrats who are out of touch with reality and well outside the mainstream.

The public overwhelmingly believes the country is headed in the wrong direction, that current economic policies aren't working, that President Obama is doing a bad job, that government should be smaller and that ObamaCare should be repealed. But not Democrats.

On issue after issue, in fact, Democrats are the outliers by wide margins, according to an analysis of the December IBD/TIPP survey.

They are, by and large, Pollyanna-ish about the economy, they can see no evil when it comes to Obama or ObamaCare, and they are extremists when it comes to the size and role of the federal government.

To get a sense of just how out to lunch Democrats are these days, consider:
The economy is barely moving after four years of Obama's "recovery," there are millions who've given up looking for work, household incomes are down and poverty is up.
Not surprisingly, 64% of the public says the country is headed in the wrong direction — 71% of independents say this. But those who identify themselves as Democrats are positively upbeat. Two-thirds, in fact, are perfectly satisfied with the country's direction.

Edge:

More at the link. Much more

democrats won't acknowledge this. Anybody surprised?

hey it is all good

the prezbo just instructed the bar owners

to have obamacare happy hours

--LOL

While I don't place any stock on polls, I found this rather amazing.....and considering the venue of the polling.......The fact that the left doesn't think Obama is in trouble calls into question their perceptions of the world.

Harvard poll: 57% of Millennials disapprove of Obamacare

Story Highlights

• Support among 18- to 29-year-olds slips as Obama organizes White House youth summit.
  • Poll shows Millennials fear health care law means they will have to pay more
  • Less than a third currently without health insurance say they're likely to enroll in the exchange

While I don't place any stock on polls, I found this rather amazing.....and considering the venue of the polling.......The fact that the left doesn't think Obama is in trouble calls into question their perceptions of the world.

Story Highlights

• Support among 18- to 29-year-olds slips as Obama organizes White House youth summit.
  • Less than a third currently without health insurance say they're likely to enroll in the exchange

Ask 'em if they want the ACA repealed or expanded...

That he's bored with standing beside the express check-out lane making sure that no one has more than 10 items in their shopping cart.

I love how these people frequent political boards just to tell us that politics doesn't work.

You're both obviously right. With laws like the Patriot Act and NDAA I can see now how all your left vs right squabbling over taxes and health care has really shaped the political process by the members of congress.

I mean, it's not like congress could randomly put people in prison without trial and seize all of their assets is it?

I'll just go to the polling booth and cast my vote for one of the next two idiots that are going to place more restrictions on freedom through bi partisan legislation. But please tell me more about how the Democrats want social rights and Republicans are fiscally conservative. We haven't restricted rights or ran up debt by both parties on some kind of war on terror or anything. So I'm just gonna go back to my corner and play hop scotch with my one good side of my brain. All this politics stuff is just way over my head. Thank you both of you for clearing that up for me.

Neither party is out of touch. Both have similar objectives but with completely different sentiments onhow to best achieve those objectives.

The problem is spin. That's it. Spin. Both parties spin the objectives of the opposing party in an effort to make the opposing party look "bad" in the eyes of the majority of the electorate who don't pay attention to politics.

The democratic party isn't trying to buy votes. They are not trying to take over the country. They simply believe government regulation is the best way to achieve success for the majority of the people.

Republicans don't hate the poor. They don't hate the elderly. They are not racists. They simply believe that less government allows for greater success for people.

Spin is the problem. Not the ideologies.

Story Highlights

they already have:

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose

Story Highlights

1333563035_patriots_facepalm_combo.gif

Yeah.....

Forum List

Back