Which Side Are You On?

Well given there are only two choices Private and Public, since you seem to hate the idea of Private that leaves only public. So I guess that assumption came from some idiot who listens to madcow all day.

Jones and Lauglin Steel. Bethlehem Steel. Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel. US Steel. Rubbermaid. Sterling China Co. Louthan Foundry.

Just some of the privately owned corporations which have abandoned America. They took the works. The factories, the jobs, the opportunities for working families to make a good future here and sent them all to Asia and Mexico.

That's why I don't trust corporatations. They get the best from American workers and then fold up their tents and steal away in search of greater profits. I wonder how they (the corporations) can still imagine having paying customers when they take the jobs away.
What drove those companies away?
Greed.

The same thing driving the US occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.
The same thing driving Israel's occupation of Area C and Gaza.
The same thing driving "Government" Sachs.
The same thing driving the wealth inequality in the US.

Which side are you on?

Jones and Lauglin Steel. Bethlehem Steel. Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel. US Steel. Rubbermaid. Sterling China Co. Louthan Foundry.

Just some of the privately owned corporations which have abandoned America. They took the works. The factories, the jobs, the opportunities for working families to make a good future here and sent them all to Asia and Mexico.

That's why I don't trust corporatations. They get the best from American workers and then fold up their tents and steal away in search of greater profits. I wonder how they (the corporations) can still imagine having paying customers when they take the jobs away.
Greed.

Those greedy bastards, greedily refusing to give you any of their stuff! :cool:

Wrong answer, but completely in character.
Which side are you on?
Not yours. That's because I'm normal.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of Corporate Crime Reporter, I present to you the Top 20 Things You Should Know About Corporate Crime.

With a tip of the hat to David Letterman

twenty061207

Greed.

Those greedy bastards, greedily refusing to give you any of their stuff! :cool:

Wrong answer, but completely in character.
Which side are you on?
Not yours. That's because I'm normal.
Wrong.
You're corporate.

Anxious for a return of the Robber Barons?

"The Robber Baron Era was a period of misery for the millions of Americans who worked in factories before child labor laws, the eight-hour day and 40-hour work week, workplace safety laws (think of the 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire), or recognition of collective bargaining rights.

"It was a time of widespread political corruption, with officeholders in cahoots with the chiefs of monopolies and near-monopolies. Laissez-faire capitalism was mostly unchecked by the power of unions or by government regulation. It ended with a period of widespread labor unrest and the reforms of the Progressive Era (1890s through the 1920s)."

Which Side Are You On? New Language for a New Political Reality | Common Dreams

Wrong.
You're corporate.

"The Robber Baron Era was a period of misery for the millions of Americans who worked in factories before child labor laws, the eight-hour day and 40-hour work week, workplace safety laws (think of the 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire), or recognition of collective bargaining rights.

"It was a time of widespread political corruption, with officeholders in cahoots with the chiefs of monopolies and near-monopolies. Laissez-faire capitalism was mostly unchecked by the power of unions or by government regulation. It ended with a period of widespread labor unrest and the reforms of the Progressive Era (1890s through the 1920s)."

Common Dreams? They should rename that site to Common Drug-Fueled Paranoid Fantasies.

Neocons! Booga booga! :lol:

Wrong.
You're corporate.

Common Dreams? They should rename that site to Common Drug-Fueled Paranoid Fantasies.

Neocons! Booga booga! :lol:
Which should make it relatively easy for a "proud" conservative to explain why neo-cons embrace the Second Amendment yet decline to apply the Constitution to the denial of habeas corpus? Is it pride, vanity or stupidity that enables neo-cons to defend the 2010 Citizens United ruling "even though the Constitution grants no rights to corporations and the Founding Fathers warned against the excessive power of monied interests."

Do you personally think it's coincidental Corporate personhood was enshrined at the same time Jim Crow and the Robber Barrons reared their rich, white conservative heads?

See if you can refute the message and not the messenger, for once.

Is it pride, vanity or stupidity that enables neo-cons to defend the 2010 Citizens United ruling "even though the Constitution grants no rights to corporations and the Founding Fathers warned against the excessive power of monied interests

and that's the real root of the matter George, we the people, or they the corporatists....

We have to pass a constitutional amendment to end [the] Citizens United ruling that brings forth the radical opinion that a Corporation is not a person and a handful of billionaires cannot pollute and take over the political system by spending unlimited sums of money in secret to elect candidates who support their agenda,”

Sen. Sanders calls for constitutional amendment to overrule Citizens United | Raw Replay

the av Joe basically agreeing>
The Washington Current: Massive 6-to-1 Majority Favors Tougher Regulation of Wall Street

the math to get there elementary>

A Center for American Progress Action Fund analysis finds that the 48 senators who sided with Big Oil received over $21 million in career oil contributions, while 52 senators who sided with the American people received only $5.4 million in contributions. Each senator who voted for Big Oil received on average more than four times as much oil cash as those who voted to end the subsidies
ThinkProgress » Filibuster To Protect Big Oil Welfare Fueled By Oil Money

Sounds slightly circular.

"I like to say I'm more conservative than Goldwater. He just wanted to turn the clock back to when there was no income tax. I want to turn the clock back to when people lived in small villages and took care of each other." -- Pete Seeger"

Pete or Barry?

I actually agree with that. You and Pete Seeger want to turn the clock back to when people ate bugs and grass, starved on a regular basis and died horrible painful deaths from lack of modern medical care.

Which should make it relatively easy for a "proud" conservative to explain why neo-cons embrace the Second Amendment yet decline to apply the Constitution to the denial of habeas corpus? Is it pride, vanity or stupidity that enables neo-cons to defend the 2010 Citizens United ruling "even though the Constitution grants no rights to corporations and the Founding Fathers warned against the excessive power of monied interests."

Do you personally think it's coincidental Corporate personhood was enshrined at the same time Jim Crow and the Robber Barrons reared their rich, white conservative heads?

The Constitution doesn't protect enemy combatants caught on the battlefield without a uniform.

Mine, of course. That's why I don't support Democrats or Republicans - because they're not. They do what's best for them.

I don't know what happened to this nation and its people over the last 40 - 50 years, but this isn't the same America I grew up in. I've lived almost 3/4s of a century and look back on a nation that would have never backed a quitter under any circumstances. A nation that would have marched into Washington D.C. demanding the return of its billions of hard-earned tax dollars shamelessly given to criminals, shysters and other flim-flammers. A nation that would have flipped off the likes of bin Laden and his merry band of terrorists. And more importantly a nation of people who would have held themselves, their freedoms and their ideals far above the political machinations of any elected officials, career politicians or power-crazy madmen.

I'm on the side of those people - but damned if I can figure out where they went. :doubt:

Is it pride, vanity or stupidity that enables neo-cons to defend the 2010 Citizens United ruling "even though the Constitution grants no rights to corporations and the Founding Fathers warned against the excessive power of monied interests

and that's the real root of the matter George, we the people, or they the corporatists....

We have to pass a constitutional amendment to end [the] Citizens United ruling that brings forth the radical opinion that a Corporation is not a person and a handful of billionaires cannot pollute and take over the political system by spending unlimited sums of money in secret to elect candidates who support their agenda,”

Sen. Sanders calls for constitutional amendment to overrule Citizens United*|*Raw Replay

the av Joe basically agreeing>
The Washington Current: Massive 6-to-1 Majority Favors Tougher Regulation of Wall Street

the math to get there elementary>

A Center for American Progress Action Fund analysis finds that the 48 senators who sided with Big Oil received over $21 million in career oil contributions, while 52 senators who sided with the American people received only $5.4 million in contributions. Each senator who voted for Big Oil received on average more than four times as much oil cash as those who voted to end the subsidies
ThinkProgress » Filibuster To Protect Big Oil Welfare Fueled By Oil Money
Agreed, Sparky.

I just don't see how we'll ever accomplish a real Change of that magnitude by "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth.

Wall Street and the richest 1% of Americans control both major parties in this country through campaign donations primarily.

With the rare exception of a Senator Sanders or a Kucinich or Ron Paul (?) limiting change to Republican OR Democrat Changes Nothing fundamental about the class war.

FLUSH a hundred (or two or three) Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle and replace them with established third party candidates already on many ballots (primarily Greens and Libertarians) and Wall Street and the Pentagon have problems they have never seen before. (and so do the rest of us)

The internet makes it conceivable to motivate the 30 to 40 percent of eligible voters who usually don't see anything worth voting FOR to get involved and vote AGAINST the status quo.

Sounds slightly circular.

"I like to say I'm more conservative than Goldwater. He just wanted to turn the clock back to when there was no income tax. I want to turn the clock back to when people lived in small villages and took care of each other." -- Pete Seeger"

Pete or Barry?

I actually agree with that. You and Pete Seeger want to turn the clock back to when people ate bugs and grass, starved on a regular basis and died horrible painful deaths from lack of modern medical care.
While you and Barry want(ed) to turn Vietnam into Nagasaki.

Strictly for defoliational purposes, of course.

Instead of bugs and grass, how about returning to a time when the richest 1% of Americans controlled 9% of national income instead of today's 20%? What good is "modern medical care" when corporate death panels decide who's rich enough to benefit?

The Constitution doesn't protect enemy combatants caught on the battlefield without a uniform.

Or here, with their knickers down.....

The Constitution once protected US citizens from warrantless surveillance in their homes.

Remember?

Agreed, Sparky.

I just don't see how we'll ever accomplish a real Change of that magnitude by "choosing" between Democrat OR Republican in the voting booth.

a one party system, the $$$ party, cloaked in rhetorials engineered toward the illusion of choice George... This is why any 3rd party is usually demonized , and summarily dismissed btw...

Wall Street and the richest 1% of Americans control both major parties in this country through campaign donations primarily.

With the rare exception of a Senator Sanders or a Kucinich or Ron Paul (?) limiting change to Republican OR Democrat Changes Nothing fundamental about the class war.

they're painted radical for opting out of the status quo, the usual class envy canards follow them like ugly on an ape

FLUSH a hundred (or two or three) Republicans AND Democrats from DC in a single news cycle and replace them with established third party candidates already on many ballots (primarily Greens and Libertarians) and Wall Street and the Pentagon have problems they have never seen before. (and so do the rest of us)

well, we're talking epidemic proportions now, the rubicon's been crossed....

The internet makes it conceivable to motivate the 30 to 40 percent of eligible voters who usually don't see anything worth voting FOR to get involved and vote AGAINST the status quo.

agreed the 'net can be enlightening, for those who effectively utilize it's depth and breath.

in fact, were i wearing my tin hat, i'd lay claim it's actively monitored

The Constitution once protected US citizens from warrantless surveillance in their homes.

Remember?

political-pictures-joe-mccarthy-witchhunts-always-easier-than-addressing-real-issues.jpg

You say I have blinders on, but refuse to consider why your own view is so narrow.

I guess you missed the part where I said companies have had a role in their relocation. Can you admit that it's not always their choice?
Rubbermaid would not have moved by their own choice. But, if they want to market their product at the World's Largest Retailer, Rubbermaid had to dance to Wal*Mart's tune. The same dynamic was in play for Sterling China.

As for steel, the decision was made to ship the works off to Asia to take advantage of the dirt cheap labor there. As well as the lax environmental regulations. If you think we should roll our standard of living back to the standards set in Singapore just so a company can make steel here, I submit that this idea can not, under any circumstances be thought of as a good thing for America. A vibrant middle class is essential to maintaining our republic.

Otherwise, we have the rich and the poor and the company making the decision for society. Kind of like Rhodesia.

Okay, let's say the steel companies stayed here and had to pay high environmental costs and higher wages. How did you expect them to compete with foreign steel then and stay in business? Wouldn't the end result be the same? No more steel companies? Or are you deluding yourself that they could have just made a smaller profit and stay operational?
YES !
In theory,it's easy.
Under educated and highly overpaid murkins could have geared their little brains to say fuck foreign steel, cars, electronics and other and products and kept the show at home.
Instead ? Greed took over, as it always does.
A good drywall guy makes (or made) about $25/hr in the empire.
The same guy in Vietnam makes about $4.00-4.50, if he's good.
He has the same Samsung TV, washer and Dryer as his murkin counterpart and paid the same price.
The difference is he has one. The murkin has 4.
If the murkin would have bought a Zenith for $1000 ( only one), made in America ( the old country), he'd be on the same level as the Vietnamese guy.
He bought a jet ski and season tickets to NASCAR instead.
He dun good ! The poor bastards at the Zenith factory had to go to work as a cab driver.
FUCK'EM ! That's captalizzm !

Forum List

Back