While Teen Rots in Jail for Making Facebook Joke

Soulless65

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2011
Washington DC
Cop Who Talked About Killing Michelle Obama Gets Slap on the Wrist

While Teen Rots in Jail for Making Facebook Joke, Cop Who Talked About Killing Michelle Obama Gets Slap on the Wrist - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Justin Carter, 19, has been in jail since March 27, when the Comal County (Texas) teen was arrested for making an off-color joke to a friend about a MOBA* computer game they were playing. "You're crazy," the friend told Carter. "I think I’ma shoot up a kindergarten. And watch the blood of the innocent rain down. And eat the beating heart of one of them," Carter replied, adding "lol j/k."

For this transgression, Carter was not just investigated, but arrested. He's been in jail for months now, held on $500,000 bail. His attorney says he's been beaten several times and placed on suicide watch; suicide watch, in case you didn't know, translates to "placed naked in solitary confinement."

Across the country, in Washington, D.C., a very similar situation has had a very different outcome. D.C. Police Officer Christopher Picciano, "a 17-year veteran who was a member of the elite presidential motorcade detail," will be suspended without pay for a little over a month after joking about killing the first lady, threatening to go on a shooting spree, and calling Pres. Obama a communist:

Apparently, power matters.

I think the better comparison would be Black Mob violence against Whites & Latinos being advertised on Facebook & Twitter and giving locations for where they are meeting next to commit acts of violence. The posts containing vows to riot, kill whitey, kill every white person they see, etc is inciting violence and calling others to murder innocent civilians.

Add to this the call for Zimmermans murder and I'd say these type social media sources are facing a major class action lawsuit should anything happen.

Facebook is responsible for that boy being jailed while those writing about Zimmerman are permitted to continue. Anyone who has a Facebook or Twitter account should cancel as a form of protest. Maybe if they lose alot of members they'll wake up and obey the law ( and their own rules )

When the government has decided to police video game chat and text, you know it's beyond tyrannical, it's hell.

Christ your tinfoil hat must be bolted to your head.

NO ONE WAS POLICING OR SPYING on a video game chat. This kid made PUBLIC threatening comments on the internet and a concerned CANADIAN woman saw the threat and reported it.

One would think that with all the school violence this would be a good thing. Had no one said a word and this kid made good on his stupid threats everyone would be bitching that we missed the red flags.

As to the cop, I don't know the story but either way it's not relevant to this individials stupidity

While Teen Rots in Jail for Making Facebook Joke, Cop Who Talked About Killing Michelle Obama Gets Slap on the Wrist - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Justin Carter, 19, has been in jail since March 27, when the Comal County (Texas) teen was arrested for making an off-color joke to a friend about a MOBA* computer game they were playing. "You're crazy," the friend told Carter. "I think I’ma shoot up a kindergarten. And watch the blood of the innocent rain down. And eat the beating heart of one of them," Carter replied, adding "lol j/k."

For this transgression, Carter was not just investigated, but arrested. He's been in jail for months now, held on $500,000 bail. His attorney says he's been beaten several times and placed on suicide watch; suicide watch, in case you didn't know, translates to "placed naked in solitary confinement."

Across the country, in Washington, D.C., a very similar situation has had a very different outcome. D.C. Police Officer Christopher Picciano, "a 17-year veteran who was a member of the elite presidential motorcade detail," will be suspended without pay for a little over a month after joking about killing the first lady, threatening to go on a shooting spree, and calling Pres. Obama a communist:

Or Obama doesn't like his wife anymore.

When the government has decided to police video game chat and text, you know it's beyond tyrannical, it's hell.

NO ONE WAS POLICING OR SPYING on a video game chat. This kid made PUBLIC threatening comments on the internet and a concerned CANADIAN woman saw the threat and reported it.

One would think that with all the school violence this would be a good thing. Had no one said a word and this kid made good on his stupid threats everyone would be bitching that we missed the red flags.

As to the cop, I don't know the story but either way it's not relevant to this individials stupidity

???

Yes, that means they are policing internet/video-game chat, they made the decision to act on it.

I would strongly advise any parents with kids on facebook to cancel that account immediately. Facebook and Twitter are both social media that should be sued for what they are doing right now.

???

Yes, that means they are policing internet/video-game chat, they made the decision to act on it.

They acted on a complaint from another individual. That's what police do ya know. Or is the internet somehow exempt from police investigations?

This board is getting nuttier by the day.

I would strongly advise any parents with kids on facebook to cancel that account immediately. Facebook and Twitter are both social media that should be sued for what they are doing right now.

My kids were not allowed on any social media under my roof. And that was before Facebook existed. Too many dangers

I thought you said he made a joke? What was the joke?

???

They acted on a complaint from another individual. That's what police do ya know. Or is the internet somehow exempt from police investigations?

The kid is in jail on $500,000 bail.

Loyalist Statist pig.

those fucked up Canadian idiots :rolleyes: and even more idiotic supporters of the all-government control on this board ( and the police, obviously)

it was not a threat.

???

The kid is in jail on $500,000 bail.

Loyalist Statist pig.

Ahh, since you can't argue the validity of my point you move the goalposts to his bail.

Yeah the bail seems high and he should have had his day in court much sooner BUT... that changes nothing about the point I made and how foolish you look.
Next?

The "teen" who is "rotting" in jail is an adult. An adult who made a very stupid comment to some people online. One of those people reported it to the authorities.

So let's get that much straight. The authorities were not monitoring his communications. They were not eavesdropping in on the converstation. The conversation was reported to them.

Another fact: The authorities who arrested the adult who made the comments are not the same authorities who did not arrest the cop who made a comment about Michelle Obama.

Do you want states rights, or not? Do you want the authorities on one side of the country to follow the exact same laws and procedures as authorities on the other side of the country? If so, then you are not for states rights.

Talk about a reach! Trying to link two entirely unrelated situations separated by thousands of miles and completely different jurisidictions!

A false analogy.

All that aside, it looks to me like the case of the 19 year old is one of extreme overreaction on the part of the authorities.

But that's Texas for you. Yeeeeee-haaaaawwwww! Gotta love them law-and-order rednecks.

Too bad the Secret Service wasn't all police state-like toward the DC cop, like those Texans, eh?

Last edited:
So we've got a young man who after playing some on-line combat game where I assume he's simulated killing several enemies or targets or whatever made some off the cuff remarks, I mean internet posts(remember nothing is ever really deleted from internet posts) about a school shooting spree. Wow what a shock, he gets busted by some over zealous cops. 500 thousand dollar bond? that's nuts.

Dumb and dumber.

I just heard about this young man's plight a few days ago. I don't have a Facebook account or Twitter, whatever the hell that is. I live a rather mundane, probably boring life. I just don't see why I would need to share that boring life on the Internet with probably other equally boring folks. Heck, I didn't even get a cell phone until about 3 years ago, and that was because I needed one to keep in touch with my team members on my job. Now, that I have retired, I hardly use my prepaid phone. I just keep it up to date and carry it for emergencies. Where I live Internet and cell phone reception is next to nothing. With what happened to this young man, no one needs to be on Facebook.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back