White Football coach fired for "racism" for letting players celebrate win with a watermelon!!

Semi off-topic question. Who celebrates winning a football game by eating a watermelon?
Sounds good to me. I would eat some regardless of if I won or not.
No doubt that watermelon is a delicious snack. I just find it strange that someone gives a football team a whole watermelon to eat after a game.
It is semi odd and potentially racist to make monkey sounds with it but football players do some very odd things in general.

So a lab goes after government food research grants.

Which project would more likely attract the big bucks:

Water mellon flavoured bananas?
Banana flavoured water mellons?
Ok i dont usually point out spelling mistakes but you do know melon is not spelled mellon?

If that coach has the ability to sue whoever fired him, in my opinion, he should.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Semi off-topic question. Who celebrates winning a football game by eating a watermelon?
No doubt that watermelon is a delicious snack. I just find it strange that someone gives a football team a whole watermelon to eat after a game.

So half of a watermelon would have been ok?
Maybe a container of sliced watermelon?

It is semi odd and potentially racist to make monkey sounds with it but football players do some very odd things in general.
True enough.

You're not real familiar with watermelons are you?

You're not real familiar with watermelons are you?
I've had watermelon probably a few hundred times in my life. You can slice them up in large wedges.

But they weren't "ape" sounds. They were common "whooo whooo whooo" sounds that are very normal in team sports, especially violent ones like football.

It was a black parent who decided she thought it sounded like an ape, and created this mess.

But they weren't "ape" sounds. They were common "whooo whooo whooo" sounds that are very normal in team sports, especially violent ones like football.

It was a black parent who decided she thought it sounded like an ape, and created this mess.
It was described as monkey sounds. If you werent there I would have to go with someone that was there.

Why are stores allowed to sell racist watermelons? The NAACP says that watermelons are the same as the Confederate flag. Stores no longer sell Confederate flags. Why are they still allowed to sell watermelons?

Does it matter that he was "offered" his job back? It was a stupid reason to fire him in the first place.

Better yet, as I was watching the news here, they reported that several parents have hired a lawyer because of the way the whole situation was handled. It seems that every member of the football team was pulled from class, detained in the auditorium for several hours, and each one "interviewed" in a closed room by two school board representatives. No notice was given to the parents, no student was allowed any sort of representation. It will most likely get ugly, soon...
They dont have to unless the student asks for representation.
I'm not certain on Juvenal law, but I think you are wrong. As a matter of fact when I took the class Juvenal law if the child was under 18 a parent or Guardian had to be present when they were being question.

Does it matter that he was "offered" his job back? It was a stupid reason to fire him in the first place.

Better yet, as I was watching the news here, they reported that several parents have hired a lawyer because of the way the whole situation was handled. It seems that every member of the football team was pulled from class, detained in the auditorium for several hours, and each one "interviewed" in a closed room by two school board representatives. No notice was given to the parents, no student was allowed any sort of representation. It will most likely get ugly, soon...

And how many high school students do you think know that?

I'm not certain on Juvenal law, but I think you are wrong. As a matter of fact when I took the class Juvenal law if the child was under 18 a parent or Guardian had to be present when they were being question.
Maybe its a state thing but where I live the child has to request an attorney if there is a crime or possible crime involved. I have made sure my children know to ask for an attorney and not us the parents.

And how many high school students do you think know that?
Most adults dont even know this so I would guess very little.

Forum List

Back