White Football coach fired for "racism" for letting players celebrate win with a watermelon!!

Do any of you honestly feel that the only black athlete on the team would have been just blithely accepted the actions of his team recent post-game ritual if they were acting in a racist or malicious fashion? I sure as hell don't.

Its happened before so yes I do feel the only black athlete on the team would remain quiet.

Do any of you honestly feel that the only black athlete on the team would have been just blithely accepted the actions of his team recent post-game ritual if they were acting in a racist or malicious fashion? I sure as hell don't.

Its happened before so yes I do feel the only black athlete on the team would remain quiet.

No doubt, I am sure it has happened in past.That being said, is there any evidence that this is the case concerning this incident? In this case you have the only black athlete and his mother coming out in support of the post-game ritual and the coach. He even started the petition to get the coach reinstated. Do you think he would go through all that trouble if he really felt this incident was racially motivated? I don't.

Sound to me like it was a faux-racism cry from a parent of player on a team the coach beat.

School Board member Michael Miller reported the team's tradition to the school district on Oct. 13. He raised concerns about the racial overtones of the tradition after hearing from a parent of a Military Magnet Academy student who was offended by the ritual, which the team performed following its defeat of Military Magnet on Sept. 5.

McGinley offers fired Academic Magnet coach his job back effective Thursday - Post and Courier

Eating watermelon is not racist.

Imagine the outrage if the coach had also bought them bananas!

Which raises the question of which would have been eaten first.....

It's entertaining and not surprising that the stupid racists on this board can't read at a fourth grade level.
They keep braying about the supposed Black racism in the article and it slips right past their intellectual understanding that the Coach got his job back because of the actions of a Black student.

No doubt, I am sure it has happened in past.That being said, is there any evidence that this is the case concerning this incident? In this case you have the only black athlete and his mother coming out in support of the post-game ritual and the coach. He even started the petition to get the coach reinstated. Do you think he would go through all that trouble if he really felt this incident was racially motivated? I don't.

I was just pointing out that the lack of complaint from the sole black athlete on the team is not proof it was not racist. In any population you have people that do things that don't really make sense. Black people are not immune to doing such things as there are famous stories of Black slaves tipping of slave owners of an impending uprising or escape attempt. If he was the one that started the petition and his parents were behind him I would have to hold out hope it was not a racist thing but again I was not there.

As long as good people stand around and do nothing then this kind of asshattery will continue. If I were a student on that football I would organize a walk out of the student body from school demanding the coach be reinstated.

So a lab goes after government food research grants.

Which project would more likely attract the big bucks:

Water mellon flavoured bananas?
Banana flavoured water mellons?

Ape sounds
+
Watermelon

Don't you think that's pushing it just a LITTLE bit?

So apparently they have reinstated him, but there's a catch.

The school district superintendent invited him back Wednesday only after Walpole submitted a written commitment to focus more on diversity and sensitivity training, according to a statement.

Football coach reinstated after watermelon ritual - CNN.com

Sorry, but that would be a no go for me. You never capitulate to this kind of bullshit.

Forum List

Back