WHITE granny '''assaulted''' by cop

You have claimed expertise on the subject. I'm genuinely interested in how you obtained that expertise.

Pray, tell.

Let's just get to it. Go on and tell me how difficult it is to restrain little old ladies. Obviously you have some experience you're trying to get at here.

I agree she was old, not so sure about the lady part. Are you claiming the woman in the video was 'little'?

If she seems little to you, I recommend you choose the salad bar next time.

You're not sure about the lady part? :confused-84:

Maybe not little. But not intimidating either way. Could you have restrained her without a weapon?

I wasn't there.

So go ahead and tell me how difficult it has been for your to restrain old women. That way we can compare it to your experience.

This isn't about me.

You made the claim that any officer who couldn't restrain someone without a non-lethal option (you said 'weapon') didn't deserve to be a cop.

I'm merely curious on what experience with arresting people you made your claim.

Let's just get to it. Go on and tell me how difficult it is to restrain little old ladies. Obviously you have some experience you're trying to get at here.

I agree she was old, not so sure about the lady part. Are you claiming the woman in the video was 'little'?

Maybe not little. But not intimidating either way. Could you have restrained her without a weapon?

I wasn't there.

So go ahead and tell me how difficult it has been for your to restrain old women. That way we can compare it to your experience.

This isn't about me.

You made the claim that any officer who couldn't restrain someone without a non-lethal option (you said 'weapon') didn't deserve to be a cop.

I'm merely curious on what experience with arresting people you made your claim.

I'm not a police officer. You obviously are. Now that you got your big 'GOTCHA' out of the way that we all saw coming a mile away, how about you answer the question?

You brought up my experience so I'm asking about yours. In your experience, how difficult has it been for you to restrain old women?

Was it really necessary to tase an unarmed grandma? C'mon now.

After initially refusing to sign the ticket, and before things spiraled out of control, grandma finally concedes to sign the ticket. "Oh we're beyond that", the cop says. What's the point of escalating the situation here by the cop? Just give her the ticket to sign and everyone carries on with the rest of their day.

Defuse the situation.

So had I refused to sign the ticket and just drove off and then assaulted the officer would you feel the same way? I seriously doubt it.

After initially refusing to sign the ticket, and before things spiraled out of control, grandma finally concedes to sign the ticket. "Oh we're beyond that", the cop says. What's the point of escalating the situation here by the cop? Just give her the ticket to sign and everyone carries on with the rest of their day.

Defuse the situation.

So had I refused to sign the ticket and just drove off and then assaulted the officer would you feel the same way? I seriously doubt it.

You're correct.

I wasn't there.

This isn't about me.

I'm not a police officer. You obviously are. Now that you got your big 'GOTCHA' out of the way that we all saw coming a mile away, how about you answer the question?

You brought up my experience so I'm asking about yours. In your experience, how difficult has it been for you to restrain old women?

Arresting anyone, old, young, large, or small ... male or female, exposes an officer (and the person being arrested) at risk.

A police arrest isn't a bar fight. You can't just keep smacking a person until they comply. You have to arrest them, using the least of amount of force required. You have to avoid injuries to yourself and the person being arrested to the greatest degree possible. Your actions in the arrest are subject to public and legal scrutiny.

In order to cuff someone, you need to get both arms behind the back. If a person resists, you have to use reasonable force to get them into that position. Typically, a resisting arrest is done by two officers. One to hold the person, the other to cuff.

Without benefit of a second officer, the job will require more force applied to the back and shoulders to hold the person down as well as the force pulling on the persons arms. For an older person, the minimum force required to achieve that is likely to cause physical injury. Tendon, ligament, nerve damage or a fracture becomes likely.

To reduce the will of a resisting person to fight back, police officers have non-lethal options available. They have a collapsible baton, they have OC spray, and they have a TASER (those options will vary by department). Those options are used to subdue the resisting person to the point where minimum physical force is required to affect the arrest.

In this case, the officer used his TASER. In my opinion, a good option based on what I can see in the video. A baton would have done a lot of physical damage, OC spray takes a lot of after care and can be lethal to a person suffering from COPD or other respiratory problems. Her obesity is a factor here.

The TASER has an extremely low probability of being lethal. There have been fewer than 200 deaths in custody where a TASER was used. In no case was the TASER deemed to be a contributing factor to that death. In a study of 1,000 taser incidents, only three of those persons TASER'd required hospital after-care, and not one was fatal.

I wasn't there.

This isn't about me.

Arresting anyone, old, young, large, or small ... male or female, exposes an officer (and the person being arrested) at risk.

A police arrest isn't a bar fight. You can't just keep smacking a person until they comply. You have to arrest them, using the least of amount of force required. You have to avoid injuries to yourself and the person being arrested to the greatest degree possible. Your actions in the arrest are subject to public and legal scrutiny.

In order to cuff someone, you need to get both arms behind the back. If a person resists, you have to use reasonable force to get them into that position. Typically, a resisting arrest is done by two officers. One to hold the person, the other to cuff.

Without benefit of a second officer, the job will require more force applied to the back and shoulders to hold the person down as well as the force pulling on the persons arms. For an older person, the minimum force required to achieve that is likely to cause physical injury. Tendon, ligament, nerve damage or a fracture becomes likely.

To reduce the will of a resisting person to fight back, police officers have non-lethal options available. They have a collapsible baton, they have OC spray, and they have a TASER (those options will vary by department). Those options are used to subdue the resisting person to the point where minimum physical force is required to affect the arrest.

In this case, the officer used his TASER. In my opinion, a good option based on what I can see in the video. A baton would have done a lot of physical damage, OC spray takes a lot of after care and can be lethal to a person suffering from COPD or other respiratory problems. Her obesity is a factor here.

The TASER has an extremely low probability of being lethal. There have been fewer than 200 deaths in custody where a TASER was used. In no case was the TASER deemed to be a contributing factor to that death. In a study of 1,000 taser incidents, only three of those persons TASER'd required hospital after-care, and not one was fatal.

I'm not disputing any of that except for the taser being a good option in this situation.

And you didn't answer my question.

a WHITE person---''assaulted'' by cop
and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

Yeah, see this is the difference between the criminal race-baiting left, and the right-wing. You don't get to say "I'm not going to sign it, because I don't deserve to pay $80".

No, that's not something you can do. You say yes sir, and you sign the ticket, and then if you really think the ticket is wrong, you can fight it in court.

But you have to follow the law, and obey the officer. IF you don't.... then what happens to you, is on you. How can someone get to be her age, and think she is above the law? How ridiculous.

See, we don't defend breaking the law. If she was black, or a democrat, they would be screaming about this.

and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

Yeah, see this is the difference between the criminal race-baiting left, and the right-wing. You don't get to say "I'm not going to sign it, because I don't deserve to pay $80".

No, that's not something you can do. You say yes sir, and you sign the ticket, and then if you really think the ticket is wrong, you can fight it in court.

But you have to follow the law, and obey the officer. IF you don't.... then what happens to you, is on you. How can someone get to be her age, and think she is above the law? How ridiculous.

See, we don't defend breaking the law. If she was black, or a democrat, they would be screaming about this.

You need to go back and read the entire thread and see who is actually defending this LITTLE Old Lady.

and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

You need to go back and read the entire thread and see who is actually defending this LITTLE Old Lady.

Yea she's super intimidating. Just had to tase her.

and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

So who gets to drive away from the police, kick them in the nuts and just go home with a ticket?

She is a moron, she got what she deserved. She could have fought it in court, she isn’t real bright.

and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

So who gets to drive away from the police, kick them in the nuts and just go home with a ticket?

Nobody should get to drive away from the police, kick them in the nuts, and just get a ticket.

and good for the cop
comply --SIMPLE

Nobody should get to drive away from the police, kick them in the nuts, and just get a ticket.

That is exactly what this LITTLE old lady did.

That is exactly what this LITTLE old lady did.

She did. And she was taken into custody for those actions, as she should be.

How can someone get to be her age, and think she is above the law?

To be fair, many people in her situation cop the attitude of, "My crime was small. Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?"

They would be the first people to call 911 when there is a car driving down their street going five miles over the speed limit.

People tend to lose their perspective about things like this.

Defuse the situation.

She refused lawful orders. She was given the ticket and asked to sign. what is this crap about that she has to fight This because she is a "country girl"? What is that suppose to mean? I'm her age. It sucks to be her if she can't behave herself. What happened to proper and appropriate behavior in the U.S. of A. I would taze her myself.

Defuse the situation.

She refused lawful orders. She was given the ticket and asked to sign. what is this crap about that she has to fight This because she is a "country girl"? What is that suppose to mean? I'm her age. It sucks to be her if she can't behave herself. What happened to proper and appropriate behavior in the U.S. of A. I would taze her myself.

Then she agreed to comply with that lawful order.

The cop escalated the situation.

How can someone get to be her age, and think she is above the law?

To be fair, many people in her situation cop the attitude of, "My crime was small. Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?"

They would be the first people to call 911 when there is a car driving down their street going five miles over the speed limit.

People tend to lose their perspective about things like this.

Absolutely. And I was raised differently. If I was caught tossing a bubblegum wrapper out the window, and the officer gave me a $500... I was caught shut up, you did wrong and were caught, than the officer and pay your fine.

But apparently that isn't how people think anymore, and everyone has this entitlement belief.... which appears common in everyone, but it is especially bad with specifically black people, who not only think they are above the law, but that it's racist to even suggest they obey the law.

Regardless, this is why you see a number of people on the right saying.... naw she got what she deserved. And she did. The moment she said "I'm not going to sign that".... I lost any interest in having sympathy for her.

And by the way, if I was in that position, my relatives would have pulled over and helped the officer arrest me. The law is the law. Obey the law.

Forum List

Back