WHITE granny '''assaulted''' by cop

How can someone get to be her age, and think she is above the law?

To be fair, many people in her situation cop the attitude of, "My crime was small. Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?"

They would be the first people to call 911 when there is a car driving down their street going five miles over the speed limit.

People tend to lose their perspective about things like this.

Absolutely. And I was raised differently. If I was caught tossing a bubblegum wrapper out the window, and the officer gave me a $500... I was caught shut up, you did wrong and were caught, than the officer and pay your fine.

But apparently that isn't how people think anymore, and everyone has this entitlement belief.... which appears common in everyone, but it is especially bad with specifically black people, who not only think they are above the law, but that it's racist to even suggest they obey the law.

Regardless, this is why you see a number of people on the right saying.... naw she got what she deserved. And she did. The moment she said "I'm not going to sign that".... I lost any interest in having sympathy for her.

And by the way, if I was in that position, my relatives would have pulled over and helped the officer arrest me. The law is the law. Obey the law.

That's just absolutely untrue.

People have been taking attitude with cops literally since cops have existed. That never changes.

As for race, I've been doing this for four years now and I've seen no connection between race of the offender and attitude.

Was it really necessary to tase an unarmed grandma? C'mon now.

After initially refusing to sign the ticket, and before things spiraled out of control, grandma finally concedes to sign the ticket. "Oh we're beyond that", the cop says. What's the point of escalating the situation here by the cop? Just give her the ticket to sign and everyone carries on with the rest of their day.

Defuse the situation.

She refused lawful orders. She was given the ticket and asked to sign. what is this crap about that she has to fight This because she is a "country girl"? What is that suppose to mean? I'm her age. It sucks to be her if she can't behave herself. What happened to proper and appropriate behavior in the U.S. of A. I would taze her myself.

Then she agreed to comply with that lawful order.

The cop escalated the situation.

Obey the first time. I don't understand this goofy notion that you can disregard the law, do whatever you want, and then later say "Yeah ok I'll do what I'm supposed to", and expect no consequences.

I've said this before.... Imagine if you walked in your house, found your daughter beaten and in the process of being raped.... You tell him to get off her. He say screw you, and starts beating her again.

You pull out a massive baseball bat. He looks up "oh, you are going to hurt me?" throws his hands up in the air "nope you can't touch me! I'm complying now! You can't even spit at me now! Haha! You can't do anything because my hands are up and I'm unarmed!"

No.. Just no. I'm going to beat you, not until you stop moving, but until you can't move anymore, and then I'll give what is left of your mangled body to the authorities.

Now I would hope that you understand that. If you don't then, then I get why you are complaining here.

This is the situation in all instances like this. You given an order once. If you refuses, then there are consequences.

The moment she refused to sign because she "didn't deserve to pay a fine for breaking the law".... according to the law, she goes to jail. That's law.

She in effect signed her arrest warrant the moment she refused to sign the $70 ticket.

There is no "I didn't realize there would be consequences, so I want a do-over" game. You make a choice, you face the consequences. She should have immediately gotten out of the car, and put her hands behind her back.

Everything that happened to that lady, was due to the choices she made, and she got what she deserves.

When a police officers tells you to do a lawful order, whether it is sign the ticket, or get out of the car, you do it. Period. End of story. Time to be a grown up and follow the law, or accept the consequences.

Obey the first time. I don't understand this goofy notion that you can disregard the law, do whatever you want, and then later say "Yeah ok I'll do what I'm supposed to", and expect no consequences.

I've said this before.... Imagine if you walked in your house, found your daughter beaten and in the process of being raped.... You tell him to get off her. He say screw you, and starts beating her again.

You pull out a massive baseball bat. He looks up "oh, you are going to hurt me?" throws his hands up in the air "nope you can't touch me! I'm complying now! You can't even spit at me now! Haha! You can't do anything because my hands are up and I'm unarmed!"

No.. Just no. I'm going to beat you, not until you stop moving, but until you can't move anymore, and then I'll give what is left of your mangled body to the authorities.

Now I would hope that you understand that. If you don't then, then I get why you are complaining here.

This is the situation in all instances like this. You given an order once. If you refuses, then there are consequences.

The moment she refused to sign because she "didn't deserve to pay a fine for breaking the law".... according to the law, she goes to jail. That's law.

She in effect signed her arrest warrant the moment she refused to sign the $70 ticket.

There is no "I didn't realize there would be consequences, so I want a do-over" game. You make a choice, you face the consequences. She should have immediately gotten out of the car, and put her hands behind her back.

Everything that happened to that lady, was due to the choices she made, and she got what she deserves.

When a police officers tells you to do a lawful order, whether it is sign the ticket, or get out of the car, you do it. Period. End of story. Time to be a grown up and follow the law, or accept the consequences.

There are a few moments where the officer could have attempted to de-escalate the situation. I'm not justifying the lady's behavior, but as I've mentioned before, I hold officers to a higher standard. When they don't focus on de-escalating situations like this, it significantly raises the chance of an erratic person dying over something petty.

1) The lady says "I don't want to pay the 80 dollars". The officer could have calmly explained something like "Ma'am, you're free to dispute the charges in court. However, if you refuse to sign this ticket then I am legally authorized to take you into custody. What would you like to do?"

But he didn't say that or anything close to that. He immediately goes to "Get out of the car!" which causes an erratic lady to act even more erratic. I bet that altercation could have been prevented right then and there if her choices were clearly outlined for her like that. Instead, the cop escalates the situation.

2) After initially refusing to sign the ticket, the lady finally agrees to sign it. The officer easily could have given her the ticket to sign right there, which ends this altercation.

But he didn't do that. He says "Oh we're past that", which causes an erratic lady to act even more erratic.

Your rape analogy is absolutely terrible for the obvious reason that you're equating rape to the signing of a paper. Here's a closer analogy:

You: "Hi. I'm not going to pay for my property taxes this year."
Tax collector: "Sir, you need to pay your property taxes or you will lose your house."
You: "Oh. Ok I'll pay then."
Tax collector: "Nope. Too bad. You already said you wouldn't. Now we're going to take your house."

3) After the lady takes off, the cop justifiably (after his earlier mistakes) takes her out of the truck and attempts to arrest her. It's an old lady so he should be able to restrain her, but nope, he needs to use his taser. If any officers need to resort to tasing an elderly woman because they can't restrain them, then they need a new job. At the very worst, he could have pulled her out of the car and threw her to the ground and then called for backup because he needed help restraining an old lady.

My issue with these details is that the cop escalated in each of them. Issues like these get people killed. Obviously the lady should have behaved differently, but I hold officers to higher standards because this is their job.

Imagine a school counselor who is terrible at counseling young people. This officer, with the right words and actions, EASILY could have prevented all of this shit. And just like the counselor, part of their job is to protect erratic idiots from themselves. Get off your high horse and de-escalate the situation. People's lives are at risk when they don't.

I realize that it's often easy to judge when one is not in their shoes, which is why I try to give officers the benefit of the doubt when faced with potentially dangerous criminals. But I think this one should have been handled way differently by the officer.

There are a few moments where the officer could have attempted to de-escalate the situation. I'm not justifying the lady's behavior, but as I've mentioned before, I hold officers to a higher standard. When they don't focus on de-escalating situations like this, it significantly raises the chance of an erratic person dying over something petty.

1) The lady says "I don't want to pay the 80 dollars". The officer could have calmly explained something like "Ma'am, you're free to dispute the charges in court. However, if you refuse to sign this ticket then I am legally authorized to take you into custody. What would you like to do?"

But he didn't say that or anything close to that. He immediately goes to "Get out of the car!" which causes an erratic lady to act even more erratic. I bet that altercation could have been prevented right then and there if her choices were clearly outlined for her like that. Instead, the cop escalates the situation.

2) After initially refusing to sign the ticket, the lady finally agrees to sign it. The officer easily could have given her the ticket to sign right there, which ends this altercation.

But he didn't do that. He says "Oh we're past that", which causes an erratic lady to act even more erratic.

Your rape analogy is absolutely terrible for the obvious reason that you're equating rape to the signing of a paper. Here's a closer analogy:

Tax collector: "Sir, you need to pay your property taxes or you will lose your house."
Tax collector: "Nope. Too bad. You already said you wouldn't. Now we're going to take your house."

3) After the lady takes off, the cop justifiably (after his earlier mistakes) takes her out of the truck and attempts to arrest her. It's an old lady so he should be able to restrain her, but nope, he needs to use his taser. If any officers need to resort to tasing an elderly woman because they can't restrain them, then they need a new job. At the very worst, he could have pulled her out of the car and threw her to the ground and then called for backup because he needed help restraining an old lady.

My issue with these details is that the cop escalated in each of them. Issues like these get people killed. Obviously the lady should have behaved differently, but I hold officers to higher standards because this is their job.

Imagine a school counselor who is terrible at counseling young people. This officer, with the right words and actions, EASILY could have prevented all of this shit. And just like the counselor, part of their job is to protect erratic idiots from themselves. Get off your high horse and de-escalate the situation. People's lives are at risk when they don't.

I realize that it's often easy to judge when one is not in their shoes, which is why I try to give officers the benefit of the doubt when faced with potentially dangerous criminals. But I think this one should have been handled way differently by the officer.
You are justifying her behavior. The stupid bitch started it all.

After initially refusing to sign the ticket, and before things spiraled out of control, grandma finally concedes to sign the ticket. "Oh we're beyond that", the cop says. What's the point of escalating the situation here by the cop? Just give her the ticket to sign and everyone carries on with the rest of their day.

Defuse the situation.

She refused lawful orders. She was given the ticket and asked to sign. what is this crap about that she has to fight This because she is a "country girl"? What is that suppose to mean? I'm her age. It sucks to be her if she can't behave herself. What happened to proper and appropriate behavior in the U.S. of A. I would taze her myself.

She was the one who escalated the situation. I'm her age, as I said before. I was taught that when a cop confronted you, it was "Sir" or "Ma'am" all the way. Who cares about or age, sex, the color of her skin, whatever. She got exactly what she deserved. I support going after bad cops, who shoot people for no reason or who spew racist, sexist, homophobic garbage as we have seen from time to time. BUT, you don't behave toward a decent cop just doing his job like she did. She either has lost her mind or she never had one to begin with.

Granny--the law does not apply to me, nor do any of your rules

This is an epidemic in our society right now to our very great detriment. I'm really glad the officer didn't let her get away with it.

Defuse the situation.

She was the one who escalated the situation. I'm her age, as I said before. I was taught that when a cop confronted you, it was "Sir" or "Ma'am" all the way. Who cares about or age, sex, the color of her skin, whatever. She got exactly what she deserved. I support going after bad cops, who shoot people for no reason or who spew racist, sexist, homophobic garbage as we have seen from time to time. BUT, you don't behave toward a decent cop just doing his job like she did. She either has lost her mind or she never had one to begin with.

They both escalated the situation.

The only difference is that one is supposed to be trained to handle these kinds of situations and the other one isn't. Hence a bigger portion of the blame.

You are justifying her behavior. The stupid bitch started it all.

Old lady is stupid. Idiot cop is incompetent.

See, not justifying either one.

Why do you keep referring to this woman as a "lady"? There is a difference between a "lady" and cheap trash, the same way as there is a difference between being a "gentleman" and being cheap trash. No matter how old she is, she is NOT a "lady."

Defuse the situation.

You mean after she drove off and kicked the officer in the groin.

To be fair, many people in her situation cop the attitude of, "My crime was small. Why aren't you out there catching real criminals?"

They would be the first people to call 911 when there is a car driving down their street going five miles over the speed limit.

Absolutely. And I was raised differently. If I was caught tossing a bubblegum wrapper out the window, and the officer gave me a $500... I was caught shut up, you did wrong and were caught, than the officer and pay your fine.

But apparently that isn't how people think anymore, and everyone has this entitlement belief.... which appears common in everyone, but it is especially bad with specifically black people, who not only think they are above the law, but that it's racist to even suggest they obey the law.

Regardless, this is why you see a number of people on the right saying.... naw she got what she deserved. And she did. The moment she said "I'm not going to sign that".... I lost any interest in having sympathy for her.

And by the way, if I was in that position, my relatives would have pulled over and helped the officer arrest me. The law is the law. Obey the law.

So it comes back to black folks, here is a white woman that drove off and kicked the officer in the groin. Had this been someone black they probably would have caught some hot lead instead of being tazed.

Why do you keep referring to this woman as a "lady"? There is a difference between a "lady" and cheap trash, the same way as there is a difference between being a "gentleman" and being cheap trash. No matter how old she is, she is NOT a "lady."

"Old" and "lady" are often used together.

"Old woman" doesn't quite sound right. Neither does "old female". Not that any of this matters, really. We'll call her Agnes if you like - that's a good old lady name.

Defuse the situation.

What video did you watch? :confused-84:

She agrees to sign the ticket at 1:00. She drives away at 1:05. She kicks the officer at 1:45.

Defuse the situation.

She agrees to sign the ticket at 1:00. She drives away at 1:05. She kicks the officer at 1:45.

She drives away at 1:05. She kicks the officer at 1:45

Defuse the situation.

She drives away at 1:05. She kicks the officer at 1:45

Yes...and she complied with the request to sign the ticket before that.

So, no, I didn't mean "after she drove off and kicked the officer in the groin", as you stated.

"Old" and "lady" are often used together.

"Old woman" doesn't quite sound right. Neither does "old female". Not that any of this matters, really. We'll call her Agnes if you like - that's a good old lady name.

What ever name. She was a bitch and she got it. Good for the cop. And she ain't no "lady." Just the same as trump is no gentleman. Have you got the concept of being a gentleman done yet? The difference between being a gentleman and being trash?

What ever name. She was a bitch and she got it. Good for the cop. And she ain't no "lady." Just the same as trump is no gentleman. Have you got the concept of being a gentleman done yet? The difference between being a gentleman and being trash?

Not sure why this is still being discussed, but hey, let's go with it.

It looks like there are a few different definitions.

lady
1) a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken: She may be poor and have little education, but she's a real lady.

2) a woman of high social position or economic class: She was born a lady and found it hard to adjust to her reduced circumstances.

3) any woman; female (sometimes used in combination): the lady who answered the phone; a saleslady.

4) (used in direct address: usually offensive in the singular): Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. Lady, out of my way, please.

Definition of lady | Dictionary.com

Looks like you're using the first definition. I'm using the third. Maybe the definition has changed over time?

What do you think of the "ladies and gentlemen" expression?

....it's exactly like Andy said---white people do not loot/burn/riot/protest FOR the criminal
....she got what she deserved ...
AND he did not ''assault''' her because of her RACE

That's just absolutely untrue.

People have been taking attitude with cops literally since cops have existed. That never changes.

As for race, I've been doing this for four years now and I've seen no connection between race of the offender and attitude.

Good. I hope that what you say it true. In fact I want what you say to be true. I've just personally seen examples to the opposite, and I hope they are all isolated incidence.

Sergeant Who Arrested Professor Defends Actions

Remember this? Neighbors call the police because they see two men breaking into a house, and the police come, ask the guy to come out and talk to them.

The guy, being a black man, refused a lawful order. He ends up arrested, says it's all racism, and Obama attacked the police over it.

And I have personally witnessed such conduct by some individuals.

People have been taking attitude with cops literally since cops have existed.

I've read books and text referring to the 1950s and before, that suggest that cops were treated with respect and dignity. I've worked with older people who told me, that they were taught growing up to respect officers, and treat those in authority with honor.

But what do I know, perhaps you are right.

Then I can only say that I thank G-d in Heaven even more that my parents and relatives taught me better. I can tell you this, If I was that professor above, my parents would be telling that officer "when you get done beating our son, we'd like to put in a few swings too".

Forum List

Back