'White History Month' Sign Stirs Up Flemington, NJ.

Those who chose sides in yesterday's racial rift over a "White History Month" sign in a Main Street deli window may be disappointed. The proprietor of Jimbo's Deli, Jim Boggess, has taken down the sign and apologized to Bhakti Curtis, the customer who had been offended by it.

Curtis in turn, accepted the apology and suggested that he and Boggess pose for a photo showing the restoration of harmony at least in this little corner of the world.

Flemington White History Month flap ends with apology NJ.com
Common sense prevails.

Pussy. Probably did it for attention..dude ain't even got a free FB page for his business.

Not a damn thing to apoligize for he is just as bad as the half breed who whined.

What makes you think it has to do with her skin color? I simply said I don't think she looks good. There are plenty of white women I don't think look good either.
did you notice the quotation marks?
that's too bad and you didn't answer the question..

I don't answer race card playing questions. They aren't valid.

By the way, the quotation marks don't change what you were trying to do. You want to make something into a racial issue where my opinion of her looks had nothing to do with race but with looks.
that's a dodge! all question are valid.....

You're not valid, therefore, any question you ask is automatically invalid.
classic ass handed to me reaction..

Classic head stuck up YOUR ass reaction from you.

No, you can stop lying. I have heard and studied all your lies for years. Evolution has never been proven. LIAR!!!!
Except it has despite your claims.
Except it hasn't despite your lies ape.
Its already proven cave chimp. You just mated with neanderthals. Thats why you are furry and have thin lips like monkeys.

What did blacks mate with to have such big lips and noses?
Each other. Thats why white women are doing their best to get our lips both for themselves with injections and for personal use by sexing Black men. Ask any white woman not afraid to show her love for the chocolate and they will tell you our lips are sexy. :bye1:

Any white woman willing to show her love for the chocolate is a piece of white trash not worth considering. Use the President's mother as an example.

Well perhaps we should let conservatives write the books instead of progressives. Then we will have less agenda driven racist books

They'd also be less accurate... but is history to tell you what happened or just make you feel better about yourself.

You know, like the guy who founded your cult really was a con-man who fucked teenage girls.

I don't know about you, Joe. When I studied History, no racial distinction was made for the people we read about with the exception of George Washington Carver and a couple minor Civil War era people.
I identified an inappropriate agenda and posed a question. What's racist about that? If black history month is valuable in that it teaches pride in heritage, Why is white history month racist?

You mean other than there are still people in your part of the country that fly the Confederate Flag like that's something to be proud of.

At least Germans have the common decency to be embarrassed by Swastikas.

Ernie trying to convince us he's totally not racist.

For the record, most of the history books do nothing but talk about what white males have done. Even some of the good things.
I'm with Ern. Does that make me un-not racist too? :dunno:

I don't know about you, Joe. When I studied History, no racial distinction was made for the people we read about with the exception of George Washington Carver and a couple minor Civil War era people.
I identified an inappropriate agenda and posed a question. What's racist about that? If black history month is valuable in that it teaches pride in heritage, Why is white history month racist?

You mean other than there are still people in your part of the country that fly the Confederate Flag like that's something to be proud of.

At least Germans have the common decency to be embarrassed by Swastikas.
I'm German and I live in Alabama. I do own a Confederate battle flag which I fly proudly next to the Stars and Stripes on Robert E. Lee Day.

Back to my question which you didn't answer: What would be racist about White History Month?

FLEMINGTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A sign in a store window stirred up racial tension in Flemington, New Jersey this week.

The sign in the window of Jimbo’s Deli on Main Street says “Celebrate your white heritage in March. White History Month,” as first reported by the Hunterdon County Democrat,

“The ‘white’ had a cross. It was a cross ‘t,’ which is used by the Ku Klux Klan as a symbol, right,” said Bhakti Curtis.

The “t” Curtis said originally looked like a cross has since been changed into a capital “T,” WCBS 880’s Alex Silverman reported Thursday.

What is the problem here? People offended by a cross? People offended by white people proud of their heritage? Or maybe they're pissed because March has 31 days and Black History Month only gets 28?

Why is Bhakti Curtis offended? Are you?
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. When in Rome, do as the Romans. Should one group have exclusive rights, and another group be forbidden to exercise the same rights? If one group shouldn't be offended by what the other group does, then the reverse should be "Okay" as well.
I agree, that is why we must merge Black history and White history throughout entire academia. It should not only be reserved for the exploits of White males... We can then eliminate Black history month and dedicate all 12 to the merged history!

White guys may think its racist because it would restrict White History to one month. Now it is celebrated in all 12 months, including February. Would you really want to do your self such a disservice by limiting White History to one measly month?

FLEMINGTON, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — A sign in a store window stirred up racial tension in Flemington, New Jersey this week.

The sign in the window of Jimbo’s Deli on Main Street says “Celebrate your white heritage in March. White History Month,” as first reported by the Hunterdon County Democrat,

“The ‘white’ had a cross. It was a cross ‘t,’ which is used by the Ku Klux Klan as a symbol, right,” said Bhakti Curtis.

The “t” Curtis said originally looked like a cross has since been changed into a capital “T,” WCBS 880’s Alex Silverman reported Thursday.

What is the problem here? People offended by a cross? People offended by white people proud of their heritage? Or maybe they're pissed because March has 31 days and Black History Month only gets 28?

Why is Bhakti Curtis offended? Are you?
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. When in Rome, do as the Romans. Should one group have exclusive rights, and another group be forbidden to exercise the same rights? If one group shouldn't be offended by what the other group does, then the reverse should be "Okay" as well.
I agree, that is why we must merge Black history and White history throughout entire academia. It should not only be reserved for the exploits of White males... We can then eliminate Black history month and dedicate all 12 to the merged history!
It should be American history for all 10 months. We should study, maybe even emulate Americans who have effected our joint history without regard for race.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this sign. There is nothing wrong about having 'White Pride' and celebrating White History.

White History Month sign stirs up Flemington NJ.com

Think the controversy lies in how if not a black/latino/asian history month, every other month is already a white history month. :)
Every other month is American History Month. There is no conspiracy to limit historical figures to only those with pale skin. However, time constraints limit curricula to studying those that have made important and significant contributions to America. If you feel that blacks are under represented, that is not the fault of whites.

How about you give me some names of blacks our children should learn about in general American history. I'll comment on each.

Except it has despite your claims.
Except it hasn't despite your lies ape.
Its already proven cave chimp. You just mated with neanderthals. Thats why you are furry and have thin lips like monkeys.

What did blacks mate with to have such big lips and noses?
Each other. Thats why white women are doing their best to get our lips both for themselves with injections and for personal use by sexing Black men. Ask any white woman not afraid to show her love for the chocolate and they will tell you our lips are sexy. :bye1:

Any white woman willing to show her love for the chocolate is a piece of white trash not worth considering. Use the President's mother as an example.
You already have problems attracting women. You just cut your pool by millions. Whats funny is that you cant even attract the ones you consider trash.

I'm German and I live in Alabama. I do own a Confederate battle flag which I fly proudly next to the Stars and Stripes on Robert E. Lee Day.

Back to my question which you didn't answer: What would be racist about White History Month?

You proudly fly a flag of someone who fought for the rights of rich people (not people like you) to own other people, and only has his own holiday because your cracker state didn't want to honor a good and decent man who fought for equal rights (Dr. King) and gave the asshole a holiday instead?

Yup, you are not at all racist.

David Duke called. He asked you to tone it down.

You proudly fly a flag of someone who fought for the rights of rich people (not people like you) to own other people, and only has his own holiday because your cracker state didn't want to honor a good and decent man who fought for equal rights (Dr. King) and gave the asshole a holiday instead?

Yup, you are not at all racist.

David Duke called. He asked you to tone it down.
King was not a good man. He was a communist and is the cause for all the black problems they have today.

Forum List

Back