White House Cracks Down On Fake News Reporters, Howling Ensues

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
I mean, how can you go around calling one of the better Presidents of our time filthy names, writing fake news columns, making baseless and FALSE accusations and then expect to be treated like anything other what you are? dirt

Go to Ace and read it for yourselves. I'm tired of formatting

White House Tightens Requirements for "Hard Passes," and Takes Them Away From Many (#FakeNews) "Journalists;" Press Corps Shrieks
Ace of Spades HQ

These people are, by and large, not reporters and not White House reporters. Dana Milbank is a snarky columnist. He doesn't often "report," and when he does, it's a disaster.

These hard passes are necessary for actual reporters covering the White House (though they then lie in their reports) but they're not necessary for columnists and opinionators. For those people, they're merely a small status symbol.

To reduce the large number of people who could stream through security with minimal checking, the White House imposed a new rule that to have and keep a hard pass, you have to be present on the White House grounds 90 days out of every 180 days, which seems like a decent test of who is, and who is not, a bona fide White House reporter and who just signed up to get the hard pass to impress his parents.

But the media people who don't come to the White House as part of their daily jobs are shrieking. As usual.

Dana Milbank

✔@Milbank

Trump’s White House just revoked the press pass I’ve had for 21 years as part of its broader crackdown on journalists’ access. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-white-house-has-revoked-my-press-pass-its-not-just-me--its-curtailing-access-for-all-journalists/2019/05/08/bb9794b4-71c0-11e9-8be0-ca575670e91c_story.html …

5:06 PM - May 8, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Opinion | The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all...
I’ll keep covering the White House and wait for things to return to normal — if they ever do.

washingtonpost.com

36.1K people are talking about this

Dana Milbank

✔@Milbank

· 21h

Trump’s White House just revoked the press pass I’ve had for 21 years as part of its broader crackdown on journalists’ access. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-white-house-has-revoked-my-press-pass-its-not-just-me--its-curtailing-access-for-all-journalists/2019/05/08/bb9794b4-71c0-11e9-8be0-ca575670e91c_story.html …

Opinion | The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all...
I’ll keep covering the White House and wait for things to return to normal — if they ever do.

washingtonpost.com

Laura Rozen@lrozen

i got the same notice.

7:59 PM - May 8, 2019

650 people are talking about this

Jonathan Capehart

✔@CapehartJ

Yep, they revoked mine, too: from @Milbank ---> The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists. https://wapo.st/2PWcmJ9?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.9def5594c7ec …

7:30 AM - May 9, 2019

washingtonpost.com

2,930 people are talking about this

The entitlement!

"The White House press office granted exceptions to the [others], but not to me,” [Dana Milbank] wrote. "I strongly suspect it's because I'm a Trump critic."
LOL. Right, and the rest of the White House press corps are big supporters of Trump, right?

What a weird-looking ugly cuck dummy.

"The move is perfectly in line with Trump's banning of certain news organizations, including The Post, from his campaign events, and his threats to revoke White House credentials of journalists he doesn't like."
No reporters that cover the White House on a daily, full-time basis have reported losing their hard pass as a result of the new rules put in place.

Milbank acknowledges in his column the White House has instead offered him a six-month pass while sharing a White House press office tally that he had only been "in the building only seven times in the previous 180 days," which put him well below the new standards.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated from all that crying, Dana.

I mean, how can you go around calling one of the better Presidents of our time filthy names, writing fake news columns, making baseless and FALSE accusations and then expect to be treated like anything other what you are? dirt

Go to Ace and read it for yourselves. I'm tired of formatting

White House Tightens Requirements for "Hard Passes," and Takes Them Away From Many (#FakeNews) "Journalists;" Press Corps Shrieks
Ace of Spades HQ

These people are, by and large, not reporters and not White House reporters. Dana Milbank is a snarky columnist. He doesn't often "report," and when he does, it's a disaster.

These hard passes are necessary for actual reporters covering the White House (though they then lie in their reports) but they're not necessary for columnists and opinionators. For those people, they're merely a small status symbol.

To reduce the large number of people who could stream through security with minimal checking, the White House imposed a new rule that to have and keep a hard pass, you have to be present on the White House grounds 90 days out of every 180 days, which seems like a decent test of who is, and who is not, a bona fide White House reporter and who just signed up to get the hard pass to impress his parents.

But the media people who don't come to the White House as part of their daily jobs are shrieking. As usual.

Dana Milbank

✔@Milbank

5:06 PM - May 8, 2019

washingtonpost.com

36.1K people are talking about this

Dana Milbank

✔@Milbank

· 21h

washingtonpost.com

Laura Rozen@lrozen

i got the same notice.

7:59 PM - May 8, 2019

650 people are talking about this

Jonathan Capehart

✔@CapehartJ

Yep, they revoked mine, too: from @Milbank ---> The White House revoked my press pass. It’s not just me — it’s curtailing access for all journalists. https://wapo.st/2PWcmJ9?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.9def5594c7ec …

7:30 AM - May 9, 2019

washingtonpost.com

2,930 people are talking about this

The entitlement!

"The White House press office granted exceptions to the [others], but not to me,” [Dana Milbank] wrote. "I strongly suspect it's because I'm a Trump critic."
LOL. Right, and the rest of the White House press corps are big supporters of Trump, right?

What a weird-looking ugly cuck dummy.

"The move is perfectly in line with Trump's banning of certain news organizations, including The Post, from his campaign events, and his threats to revoke White House credentials of journalists he doesn't like."
No reporters that cover the White House on a daily, full-time basis have reported losing their hard pass as a result of the new rules put in place.

Milbank acknowledges in his column the White House has instead offered him a six-month pass while sharing a White House press office tally that he had only been "in the building only seven times in the previous 180 days," which put him well below the new standards.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated from all that crying, Dana.

They should add another requirement. Get caught telling three lies in a row and you net a lifetime ban.

Why do they all need a press pass when they write the same thing .Seems all ya need to issue is one.

No matter what Donnie does his lies and Sarah' echoing of his lies will be reported. Trump vs. Free Press and Ameria will end with the free press and America winning.

This is not a crackdown on the press. It is a normal thing for an administration to “purge” hard passes every so often.

Cries of foul are unwarranted.

Cheers from nutbags who think Trump has “owned the media” are foolish.

Next fake outrage.

Forum List

Back