White House turns to making threats as Obamacare enrollments stall

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both the proponents and opponents of ObamaCare are full of shit to their gills.

Again, if they said you increase is less with Obamacare than without, they did not lie

Then never said that. Not even close. Not one ObamaCare advocate said "you will see a slower increase in your costs". They'd have been lynched. The implied promise was that we would pay LESS.

There was a clear implication we would be paying less for health insurance with ObamaCare. Remember all the blather about how we pay more per capita for health care than the rest of the civilized world? That was the argument for enacting ObamaCare, so the implication was clear that our health care costs would drop to what the rest of the civilized world pays.

I didn't hear an implied promise that US healthcare costs as a share of gnp would fall to that in other post-industrial economies. There are things about Obamacare I don't like, but imo it's turned to be fairly close to advertised on costs. I'm not going into what I don't like, but I think on costs there's a time bomb in that Obamacare is partially paid for through Medicare reductions, and Medicare is seriously underfunded already. And we have congress that is incompetent to address this.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.
Looks like none of the liberals want to address the reality of how Obamacare is actually working.

Bingo! For many its like not having insurance at all. First you have to pay the premiums which is money down the drain. Then the deductible is so sky high you end up paying all your healthcare costs out of pocket. The so called insurance never kicks in so its no surprise people are avoiding going to the doctor at all.

These half baked stupid ass liberal ideas frequently blow up in their face, this is the latest example.
You are exceedingly ignorant.

You can still get individual family plans from medical insurers without going through the healthcare exchange, and the benefits on those plans are no different than Obamacare plans, and have the same provider networks.

The only differences that may have affected premiums and benefits, are that underwriting cannot turn you down for a policy, and the 10 essential benefits need to be on all plans, direct from insurers, or through Obamacare

I guess what I'm trying to say is that both the proponents and opponents of ObamaCare are full of shit to their gills.
It's a bandaid at best, and probably a back door attempt for single payor.
I'm 95% certain it is a back door to single payer. I've said that since the beginning. When ObamaCare crashes and burns, the people will cry out for single payer, because that's the direction the momentum is going.

Single payor is an inevitability.

Before too long, insurance premiums will be too high for the consumer, and profit margins for insurance companies will not be high enough for anyone to get into, or stay, in that business. Doctors will charge too much for the average American to see them. So, as opposed to bodies piling up outside ER's everywhere, the government will need to intervene on the impending access to care crisis.

Give it 20 years tops, maybe just 10

I'm 95% certain it is a back door to single payer. I've said that since the beginning. When ObamaCare crashes and burns, the people will cry out for single payer, because that's the direction the momentum is going.
It seems to me to be inevitable. My biggest gripes about Obamacare is that it doesn't really put an onus on individuals to self-ration their consumption, and it doesn't move towards a transparent market, and in fact, it does the exact opposite by making the market even less transparent, which is an amazing feat considering what a clusterfk it already was. But, the gop alternatives that "say" they'll address my gripes are just not funded to any degree that would actually help working class Americans.

It seems to me to be inevitable. My biggest gripes about Obamacare is that it doesn't really put an onus on individuals to self-ration their consumption, and it doesn't move towards a transparent market, and in fact, it does the exact opposite by making the market even less transparent, which is an amazing feat considering what a clusterfk it already was. But, the gop alternatives that "say" they'll address my gripes are just not funded to any degree that would actually help working class Americans.

Im not surprised that ocare is more of a disaster. It doesn't take a brilliant mind to figure this out.

Im not surprised that ocare is more of a disaster. It doesn't take a brilliant mind to figure this out.
It's not a disaster in terms of achieving what the dems wanted. The gop ceded the field, and we get what we deserve.

A republic, madam, if you can keep it.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.
Looks like none of the liberals want to address the reality of how Obamacare is actually working.

Bingo! For many its like not having insurance at all. First you have to pay the premiums which is money down the drain. Then the deductible is so sky high you end up paying all your healthcare costs out of pocket. The so called insurance never kicks in so its no surprise people are avoiding going to the doctor at all.

These half baked stupid ass liberal ideas frequently blow up in their face, this is the latest example.

You can still get individual family plans from medical insurers without going through the healthcare exchange, and the benefits on those plans are no different than Obamacare plans, and have the same provider networks.

The only differences that may have affected premiums and benefits, are that underwriting cannot turn you down for a policy, and the 10 essential benefits need to be on all plans, direct from insurers, or through Obamacare

I love Obamacare, Democrats own 100% of that turd and we'll keep using it to destroy Democrats for as long as we can milk this gift. So far it has cost the Democratic party over 1,200 seats nationally :eusa_dance:

It's not a disaster in terms of achieving what the dems wanted. The gop ceded the field, and we get what we deserve.

A republic, madam, if you can keep it.

Well, of course not a disaster for the dems, just for the american people.

As I've said.

The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us subsidize. The rest of us will be paying for out benefits, plus theirs.

That POS should never have been passed and we have the Dems to thank for another entitlement that we taxpayers are getting hosed to pay for.

that's funny given the program is hugely popular except among the misinformed rightwingnuts.

it was your bill....

and then after the right weakened it, not a single rightie voted for it.

*shrug*

I love Obamacare, Democrats own 100% of that turd and we'll keep using it to destroy Democrats for as long as we can milk this gift. So far it has cost the Democratic party over 1,200 seats nationally :eusa_dance:

from the "lefties" at forbes:

Goldman Sachs estimates that total coverage under the ACA increased by 13 to 14 million last year and may have increased by another 4 million during the first five months of 2015, for a total coverage increase of 17 to 18 million combined. At a top line, this coincides with the figure from RAND, which estimated that there were 22.8 million newly insured people since the launch of the ACA. At the same time, 5.9 million people lost coverage. This comes out to a net gain of 16.9 million lives.

How Many People Has Obamacare Really Insured?

damn, you're stupid... the only people who find the idea of all of us having insurance coverage offensive are wingers who wouldn't vote for a dem under any circumstances. perhaps you idiots should have worked with dems to make the law better instead of 50 impotent votes and multiple court cases to get rid of it.... but why would you do that? it would mean that your nutcases are actually working....

good luck telling people they're going to lose their coverage.

but please do... I look forward to laughing at you all the day after the election.

from the "lefties" at forbes:

Goldman Sachs estimates that total coverage under the ACA increased by 13 to 14 million last year and may have increased by another 4 million during the first five months of 2015, for a total coverage increase of 17 to 18 million combined. At a top line, this coincides with the figure from RAND, which estimated that there were 22.8 million newly insured people since the launch of the ACA. At the same time, 5.9 million people lost coverage. This comes out to a net gain of 16.9 million lives.

How Many People Has Obamacare Really Insured?

damn, you're stupid... the only people who find the idea of all of us having insurance coverage offensive are wingers who wouldn't vote for a dem under any circumstances. perhaps you idiots should have worked with dems to make the law better instead of 50 impotent votes and multiple court cases to get rid of it.... but why would you do that? it would mean that your nutcases are actually working....

good luck telling people they're going to lose their coverage.

but please do... I look forward to laughing at you all the day after the election.

Ahahahaha right Obamacare is so awesome it cost Democrats over 1,200 seats nationally and both houses of congress you libs are hilarious :laugh:

As I've said.

The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us subsidize. The rest of us will be paying for out benefits, plus theirs.

That POS should never have been passed and we have the Dems to thank for another entitlement that we taxpayers are getting hosed to pay for.

that's funny given the program is hugely popular except among the misinformed rightwingnuts.

it was your bill....

*shrug*

Oh do tell??

You might want to let the folks paying $27,000, $13,000, $10,000 deductibles just how affordable the ACA is.

These folks I know personally. They ran the numbers three and four times to make sure they hadn't made a mistake.

None of them bought into the ACA, good thing. They'd have to take out a loan to afford their benefits.

Shrug my ass.

My biggest gripes about Obamacare is that it doesn't really put an onus on individuals to self-ration their consumption...

There's an argument I haven't seen before. Can you expand on that?
Well, it's milk under the bridge or baby out with the dishwater (-: now. But...
Lawmakers Should Approach Wyden-Bennett Health Bill with Caution

Note, Bennett was defeated (tea partied) by Mike Lee largely because the bill had a hard individual mandate. But, Medicare doesn't actually have a mandate. Instead, if you don't sign up when you're eligible, the financial consequences of trying to sign up later on are pretty devastating unless you're really rich. So, there were ways around the mandate that still punished behavior that was not good for the market.

There was also some thinking about using pretty much the same funding scheme to "give" people a tax credit. And, if you didn't use it all on healthcare, you got to still keep the credit's benefit.

But my recollection is that some form of Wyden Bennett was the avenue to get rid of employer sponsored, and Medicaid at least for the poor, without shifting the financial burden onto the workers.

As I've said.

it was your bill....

*shrug*

Oh do tell??

You might want to let the folks paying $27,000, $13,000, $10,000 deductibles just how affordable the ACA is.

These folks I know personally. They ran the numbers three and four times to make sure they hadn't made a mistake.

None of them bought into the ACA, good thing. They'd have to take out a loan to afford their benefits.

Shrug my ass.

people aren't paying those deductibles. you sound absurd.

As I've said.

it was your bill....

*shrug*

Oh do tell??

Shrug my ass.

They aren't paying them because they ran the numbers just to see what they would have to pay.

Absurd my ass. They aren't the only ones. Ask your friend what their deductibles are or run the numbers yourself. See what you come up with.

As I've said.

it was your bill....

*shrug*

Oh do tell??

Shrug my ass.

I love how the idiot said that was "funny".... she knows nothing... .has no evidence... but makes up nonsense and then gives a little smirk when you point out she's lying detritus.

Forum List

Back