White man shoots very drunk black woman breaking into his house. Charged w murder

That's a tough call. Police don't always come, do they? Or if they do come, it may be a long time. I can see the jury, if there is one, using jury nullification on this case.

What if it was a armed burglary and the man was in real danger?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the killer walks. It's a fucked up world we live in.

So you know all the facts of the case...You are 100% certain of the man's guilt?
Ok, now let's see how say you if the defendant is your brother or son...
And don't give me any nonsense such as "well they wouldn't be there in the first place".

The article quotes people as saying he should have called the police!!! HAHAHA. This is detroit! Cops might show up a week later.

He should make as many calls now as he can. I don't know how phone privileges work in prison.

Gee, I thought you libs were big believers in 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and judged by a jury of one's peers"?

facts aren't much in dispute, are they?

she wasn't armed, she wasn't in his house. he shot her through a door.

how is it anything other than murder?

He should make as many calls now as he can. I don't know how phone privileges work in prison.

Gee, I thought you libs were big believers in 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law and judged by a jury of one's peers"?

When it is a white man with a gun shooting a black teenager, especially if he kills the teen, it is ALWAYS self defence. Duh. It's become the new lynching.

someone pushed the screen out of the door into the house

since it was off its frame when the screen was shot through

according to the states witness

pre trial day 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygb08m_rUFs]Theodore Wafer pre-trial Dec 19 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

What does it matter whether the screen was in place or not when he shot?

And do you really think readers of this thread are about to sit and watch four hours of courtroom YouTube?

And do you really think readers of this thread are about to sit and watch four hours of courtroom YouTube?

i do not care if they do or dont watch the youtubes

they have been made available for those that do want to

i do not care if they do or dont watch the youtubes

they have been made available for those that do want to

Yyyyeah uh... thanks. Just what I need, four hours of unedited video of people sitting around doing nothing...
smack-self-in-the-head.gif

It doesn't matter. You don't shoot people just because they come on your porch.

many home invasions start with a female knocking on the door...begging for help...the men are on the sides ready to kick the door in as soon as its unbolted....

a 911 call can take 20 minutes to be answered here...so one has a 20 minute gap to deal with.....as for shooting her.....bit of an over reaction if one ask me....

he should have told her...he had called 911 and the police would be there.....sit on the porch and wait...he should not have opened his door if he was that afraid....

i would have opened my door and helped...we are too far out to freak out like this....but many others here would not feel the same

i am well armed...i would not open the door till that was understood....normally the loading sounds of a shotgun will deter people....

It matters on her perceived intent. It would be reasonable for the defendant to think she was trying to break in if she took off the screen door.

Housebreakers should be shot whenever possible.

Do housebreakers frequently knock at the door and plead for help?

No, they do not. The normal MO is to break in when no one is home. If anyone here thinks that shooting a person is an appropriate response to them knocking on the door - they need to re-watch the video that they make you watch when you purchase a firearm.

Housebreakers should be shot whenever possible.

Do housebreakers frequently knock at the door and plead for help?

No, they do not. The normal MO is to break in when no one is home. If anyone here thinks that shooting a person is an appropriate response to them knocking on the door - they need to re-watch the video that they make you watch when you purchase a firearm.

note the differences between a common robbery and a home invasion

as i have said before......i wouldnt kill over property but if i feel threatened.....that is why i have weapons

if you are not invited into my home....then you fall into the class of risking your ass there is not much i would kill for.....but family is one of the things i will

There are parts of Detroit where people go to enjoy an evening out and to have fun. I've been up there many times, I live about 40 minutes away. Toledo is considered a suberb of Detroit, I grew up here and it is a very nice town compared to Detroit.

If you look up Dearborn Hts. Michigan on google maps you can get the street view and you will see that it's pretty rough there.

The girl was likely very scared to be out there alone and the guy, well, I don't know why he would even open the door to be honest. If I had the misfortune to live there, I would just call the police were someone knocking at that time of the morning. He should have just called the police and allowed her to sit on his front porch until they came. Opening the door was his first mistake.

Forum List

Back