White privilage. Whats in YOUR wallet.

I am white and broke.

Somebody better explain to me how I am so privileged.

image.jpeg

I am white and broke.

Somebody better explain to me how I am so privileged.
you must have some minority blood mixed In that you are not aware of.
Now, considering that, please step aside while the white men discuss.. LOL

There's no such thing as "white privilege". It's a fabricated term to justify a particular political agenda. What it really means is "democratic majority rule". If the US were 75% Hispanic and 13% white, I'm sure some assholes would be whining about "Hispanic privilege".

There's no such thing as "white privilege". It's a fabricated term to justify a particular political agenda. What it really means is "democratic majority rule". If the US were 75% Hispanic and 13% white, I'm sure some assholes would be whining about "Hispanic privilege".

Yeah, spot on.

There is a social advantage that comes with living among a majority of people with similar racial/ethnic characteristics. It is not a universal attribute though. If I were living in Veracruz, I'd have a hard time assimilating.

Yeah, spot on.

There is a social advantage that comes with living among a majority of people with similar racial/ethnic characteristics. It is not a universal attribute though. If I were living in Veracruz, I'd have a hard time assimilating.
I'm not buying that.
The advantage comes from living within the standards of the majority.

Yeah, spot on.

I've spent an extensive amount of time not only in Mexico (even Veracruz...no, I didn't wear my "Remember the Marines?" t-shirt. ;) ) plus a lot of time in both the Far East and the Med. I've been in the minority several times, but I also never took up residence and became part of the voting electorate (for those countries that allowed it). Certainly there are racist assholes all over the world, but I think most people are good and just want to make a good life for themselves and their family.

Certainly there are racist assholes all over the world, but I think most people are good and just want to make a good life for themselves and their family.

This is true until you get into politics.

The state has a way of corrupting everything that it touches, including our natural inherent humanity. The prevalence of racism is actually a byproduct of politics.

This is true until you get into politics.

The state has a way of corrupting everything that it touches, including our natural inherent humanity. The prevalence of racism is actually a byproduct of politics.
Not "the state", simply human nature and power just like Lord Acton said. Racism is a different matter. My theory is that it's part of our natural xenophobic nature. 200,000 years on the plains and jungles allowed only those paranoid of others to survive.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

How many kids do you have?

Zero.

I occasionally share private details, but do not pry to much in one thread. At very least my private information should stay segmented.
The reason I ask is because if you have no kids there's no excuse to be broke. You could at least save $5 a day. But you could have student loans or something.

I thought you were gonna say you had kids. If you are broke and had kids I'd say that was your decision.

I'm 45 and just paid my condo off. Car is paid for too. Been saving for 20 years. No kids. It's the key to happiness. Nephews and nieces are the best

Forum List

Back